• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think it over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear elder sister,

Glad you got the visa.

Any member can start a thread and contribute, despite their beliefs. Sometimes discussions go in the way of hurting our community and theistic sentiments. There is a fine line between allowing such discussions here with some latitude to express one's viewpoint, however minority and harsh that message is. I think these discussions reflect more or less the state of our community. I also think that we have enough learned folks here who can stand up to any intellectual discussions, that make us think.

As you may have noticed, I have been gently nudging some folks to be gentle in their criticism of others. But alas, that is not happening.

Regards,
KRS

A genuine and honest doubt...

Why is the man who has declared himself to be anti-God and anti-

brahmin given so much importance in this forum and is bing featured

in so many threads simultaneously??? :confused:

Dear Sir,

I WILL never enter a thread which either glorifies or justifies some

queer personalities.

I have neither the time, nor the inclination to do so.

But seeing the same initials featuring simultaneously in so many

threads made me wonder and ponder about it.

Just as they have set minds and beliefs I too have mine in tact.

with warm regards, :pray2:

Mrs. V.R.

Dear elder sister,

Glad you got the visa.

Any member can start a thread and contribute, despite their beliefs. Sometimes discussions go in the way of hurting our community and theistic sentiments. There is a fine line between allowing such discussions here with some latitude to express one's viewpoint, however minority and harsh that message is. I think these discussions reflect more or less the state of our community. I also think that we have enough learned folks here who can stand up to any intellectual discussions, that make us think.

As you may have noticed, I have been gently nudging some folks to be gentle in their criticism of others. But alas, that is not happening.

Regards,
KRS

Is it NOT strange that even without knowing the rules...

You did abide by them!!! :)

Dear Sri.Naina, Greetings.

You are right. I have not read the rules and regulations at all. To think I have posted couple of thousand posts without even reading rules and regulatiions!.... You are right.

Cheers!

I think no one reads the rules and regulations, especially
6. TamilBrahmins.com is not a website to vent out your personal frustrations
9. Please respect other people's views and beliefs and consider your impact on others when making your contribution.
16. Posting unrelated or inappropriate comments about other communities, including Tamil Brahmin Community, is not allowed. Your membership can be terminated without any notice.

For a moment I was taken aback by the inclusion of Tamil

Brahmin Community in rule 16. They are known for their

"Ethaiyum Thaangum Ithayam" and put up with all bashing

bravely and silently!

People always cherish their petty differences until threatened by a common

enemy and then they forget their differences and unite. :flock:

May be we should get a common enemy powerful enough to make us forget

our petty differences and come under one banner.
:grouphug:

Sowbagyavathy Dear Visalakshi Ramani, Greetings.

I refer to your post #169.

Such persons are given so much importance because Brahmin community didn't/doesn't know how to live with themselves in harmony. Only when brahmin community understands the term 'unity', such persons would loose importance. Would pigs ever fly?

Cheers!

People always cherish their petty differences until threatened by a common

enemy and then they forget their differences and unite. :flock:

May be we should get a common enemy powerful enough to make us forget

our petty differences and come under one banner.
:grouphug:

Common enemy struck long back. Still debates are going on about that incident. Brahmin community did not unite even at that time. That community didn't even recognise the political agenda when they were made scape goats. I just can't believe it! Well, strange things always happen, don't they?

Cheers!

"Intellectually wise" but "otherwise"

when asked whether "worldly wise"!!!

Worldly-wise??? :decision: Otherwise???

Common enemy struck long back. Still debates are going on about that incident. Brahmin community did not unite even at that time. That community didn't even recognise the political agenda when they were made scape goats. I just can't believe it! Well, strange things always happen, don't they?

Cheers!

FAME

Fame is like a river,
that beareth up things light and swollen, :bounce:
and drowns things weighty and solid. :faint:
Francis Bacon.

Fame is a food that dead men eat- :rip:
I have no stomach for such meat. :hand:
Henry Austin Dobson.

# 9. இரவு உறங்கும் முன்பும் காலையில் எழும் முன்பும் கடவுளை எண்ணிப் பிரார்த்தனை செய்யுங்கள். ஒவ்வொரு நொடியும் நாம் இறைவன் அருளால் இயங்குகிறோம் என்பதை மறவாதீர்கள்.

We had a couple in our company quarters whom everybody loved and respected.

Now the uncle in late 80s(?) and aunt in her late 70s(?).

They are still lively friendly and remain devoted to God. Uncle had a terrible fall in the bathroom and hurt his spine.

The nature of the problem and his advanced age made it impossible to give him any drastic treatment.

Doctors left him to the mercy of God!

But God did not fail him. In less than four months he had made miraculous recovery with nothing but Raama naama japam and his unshakable faith in Raama naamam.

If a man so well advanced in his age could recover miraculously his mobility and ability to walk...
why NOT I who is 20 years younger to him???

I still have my limbs under my control. I still have unshakable faith in God. :pray:

If He could do it I could do it too. So NO more wavering about opting for the knee replacement surgery.:decision:

I will get back to normal health and strength with my own will power and infinite mercy of Ram.

Any day the god-given original knee is better than the man-made metal knee!.
:hail:

Dear Sri. Naina, Greetings.

Yes, I have. But, I am afraid I may not be responding to that. Initial messages can be jovial, can be enjoyed by all members concerned. To take it further, will become 'discussion'. So, I thought of leaving it. Hope you may pardon me from that little conversation, please. Thank you.

Cheers!
In a way, we are all like Arjuna :”I will not fight” योत्स्य

Vide BG verse 1-9:
एवमुक्त्वाहृषीकेशंगुडाकेशःपरन्तप
योत्स्यइतिगोविन्दमुक्त्वातूष्णींबभूव॥२-९॥

evam uktva hrishikesham gudakeshah parantapah
na yotsya iti govindam uktva tusnim babhuva ha

So NO more wavering about opting for theknee replacement surgery.
Iwill get back to normal health and strength with my own will power and infinitemercy of Ram.
Anyday the god-given original knee is better than the man-made metal knee!.

Madam: See post#187

You are brave and have the fighting spirit!

Last edited:

Cheers!
In the periodic table of chemical elements,there is one group of elements that will neither interact with each other nor with any other elements, except under extreme conditions. Guess what! They are called ‘Noble’ elements. And they are at one end of the periodic chart !!.

Does it remind you of some group of people who cannot unite even under extreme conditions?

Last edited:
But the pity is that the others (even in the same group)

do not consider these people as noble by any standard! :whoo:

In the periodic table of chemical elements,there is one group of elements that will neither interact with each other nor with any other elements, except under extreme conditions. Guess what! They are called ‘Noble’ elements. And they are at one end of the periodic chart !!.

Does it remind you of some group of people who cannot unite even under extreme conditions?

உயர்திணையும், அஃறிணையும்.

குழந்தை வருது.
குழந்தை தருது.

அஃறிணையில் தெரிவது
அன்பின் மிகுதி.

ஆனால் .....

தாத்தா வருது.
பாட்டி தருது.

அஃறிணையில் தெரிவது
வெறுப்பின் மிகுதி!

Very young children cannot focus their eyes on an object as well as we do. So they appear to have a slight squint and appear to be cross eyed.
It is this feature that makes them look so beautiful!!! :love:

Family.

The family is more sacred than the state. :decision:

Pope Pius XI.

No matter how many communes anybody invents,

the family always creeps back. :peace:

Margaret Mead.

A poor relation is the most irrelevant thing in Nature.:high5:

(Not just a poor relation but also a poor relative!) :doh:

Charles Lamb.

# 10 . உங்கள் கஷ்டங்களுக்கு பிறரைக் காரணம் ஆக்காதீர்கள்.

நன்மையையும் தீமையும் பிறர் தர வாரா என்று நம்புங்கள்.

நமது இன்ப துன்பங்களுக்கு நாமே தான் காரணம்.

A child will reveal its impressions without any inhibitions in front of the guests.

The parents had warned their cute little daughter not to comment on the appearance of the people who visited them.

A real fat couple visited them once and the little girl could not contain herself to comment until after they left.

She said very sweetly to her mother,"F A T no???" :rolleyes:

Code language helps at times for exchanging important info without attracting too much attention.
icon3.png

When one of us might be giving out irrelevant info to the visitors, my father used the expression "se su hi" to stop us from going on :blabla:!!!

It was actually the short form of "சத்தே சும்மா இருக்கியா?"
but no body had guessed it till now! :)

Madam how did you forget the " கானா பாஷை". If the idea deveops I will start an institute to give training to decode such languages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back