• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think it over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
13.What is sooner lost than won?

( A product of foresight to have the topical value???)

14. What / who asks for deep water?

15. What makes a heavy heart?

16. Name the perfect misfit?
I have been away for a few hours, and man, so much water has flown under the bridge! I expected to come back to a soiree, and what do I find? A silent revolution?

Any way, I did not have much time to explore the proper answers, so some guessworks here:

13. What is sooner lost than won?
Name? நல்லபெயர் எடுக்க நாளாகும்?
I am in deep waters!
A money-less wallet ? Missing a loved one? Chest Pain?
16. Name the perfect misfit
A cuckoo in the nest?

Last edited:
@Mrs. VR:

I am sorry to read about your knee pain and how valiantly you refrain from taking any pain medications.
I went through a similar phase last year, had an MRI on the offending knee, no problem except for slight age-related degeneracy, just ignored it, no pain medicine, and after a month, it just went away.

Off to Chennai tonight!
VISA interview on 19th.
Have a good trip and Good luck with your trip to Chennai.

Last edited:
Pain gate theory is a must read article.

Specially since you are in the medical field.

Do read it and give me your opinions and comments.

I DO take painkiller as a luxury and a S.O.S

but do not depend on it completely :)

Used on daily basis it will lose it potency and I will be forced to take higher and higher dose - gathering more and more toxins in my system.

Thanks for your concern! :)

Sowbagyavathy Visalakshi Ramani, Greetings.

It is so sad to see your post on 'pain gate theory'. I didn't even read it. that is the last thing I would expect from a person I know. Truste me, please- pain relievers are not luxury. they are necessities. Please..get the pain under control. You don't have to tolerate it. You are supposed to be pain free.

Cheers!

Nope. Nothing like that. There are four different areas. 1st at the emergency; 2nd at the acute observation arrea (AOA). At AOA the clients are quite elevated and kind of out of control. I came across one girl who was quite off her rails. She believed she was married to the God.. Often times I found her nude in her room. She saw me as a father figure ( thankfully!) and followed my directions. Unfortunate girl.. either she may kill herself or she may be sick for her life..... sad. 3rd area is the ward and the 4th area is the community setting.

Sounds both weird and interesting since I am interested in People.

Make sure that "The God's wife" is taken care of well so that no Satan can get close enough to her to mess up with her already messed up life!

I hope and :pray: the "her husband" will bless her with a complete and miraculous recovery! :hail:

I have moved to Mental Health Nursing. I am not bored ever to see my clients. They love, look forward to see me. For at least one of them, I am the only bridge between the world of scizophernia and the reality. I love my breaks; they hate my breaks!

Cheers!

Good to know this...I am one person who gets bored of almost everything and anybody very very fast but what to do? Life has to go on.
I cant wait for the day where I do not have to see patients anymore..I guess that will only be when death comes knocking at my door.

Mine has a longer history!

It started with a locked knee back in 1984!

That IS long long long ago!

I am managing with pressure bangages, knee caps, ointments, yoga and flexibility excercises for the past 28 years!

I Hope to pull on as long and as far as possible.

The reason for the malady sounds even fancier...

My own body mistook my cartilages as harmful foreign bodies invading my body and destroyed them!

I think my body also has problem identifying a friend from a foe! :doh:

@Mrs. VR:

I am sorry to read about your knee pain and how valiantly you refrain from taking any pain medications.
I went through a similar phase last year, had an MRI on the offending knee, no problem except for slight age-related degeneracy, just ignored it, no pain medicine, and after a month, it just went away.

Have a good trip and Good luck with your trip to Chennai.

Dear Renu!
Are you NOT too young and healthy :music:

to be harping on death all the time???:nono:

You know I was telling my mum the other day that I feel being a Mortician would be a welcome change and she was WHAT!!! What will people think? What will people think about our caste etc!!!

I told her.."Wow still talking about caste ? well we Indians never change!!

If you do not want to see the patients...
quit the job and become a full time writer instead!
With the width, depth and intensity of your knowledge,
you will do more than justice as a writer.

It is your life and you must be able to call the shots! :director:

Good to know this...I am one person who gets bored of almost everything and anybody very very fast but what to do? Life has to go on.
I cant wait for the day where I do not have to see patients anymore..I guess that will only be when death comes knocking at my door.

I have been away for a few hours, and man, so much water has flown under the bridge! I expected to come back to a soiree, and what do I find? A silent revolution?

Any way, I did not have much time to explore the proper answers, so some guessworks here:

13. What is sooner lost than won?
Name? நல்லபெயர் எடுக்க நாளாகும்?
I am in deep waters!
A money-less wallet ? Missing a loved one? Chest Pain?
16. Name the perfect misfit
A cuckoo in the nest?

13. correct.
A good name is easier kept than earned.

14. A large ship calls for deep water! :)

15. correct.
A light purse makes a heavy heart.

16. And also "a square peg in a round hole." :clap2:

If to her share some female errors fall, :doh:
Look on her face, and you will forget 'em all. :music:
Alexander pope.

It is the common wonder of all men,
how among so many millions of faces, :flock:
there should be none alike. :nono:
Sir Thomas Browne.

17. Who has wisdom thrust upon him?
18. Who is the greatest school master/
19. Which key opens all the doors?
20. who had drowned more men than Neptune/

# 5 . குடும்ப நிகழ்சிகளில் அனைவரும் தவறாமல் கலந்து கொள்ள

வேண்டும்.

எல்லோரையும் ஒரே இடத்தில் பார்ப்பதற்கு இது ஒரு நல்ல வாய்ப்பு.

ஒவ்வொருவரையும் நினைத்து தினமும் மனதார வாழ்த்த வேண்டும்.

நம்மை வெறுப்பவர்களின் மனம் கூட இதனால் மெல்ல மெல்ல

மாறிவிடும் உண்மை.

wise?
Master Key?
​Liquor barrons like Mallya?

wise?
Master Key?
​Liquor barrons like Mallya?

17. A silent man often passes off for a wise philosopher. :tape:

18. Experience is the greatest dchool master
but he gives the tests first and teaches the lessons later. :heh:

19. The Key called Courtesy! :)

20. Bachchaus had drowned more men than Neptune.

Bacchus = God of wine (aka mallayaa?):rolleyes:

Neptune= The God of the Sea.

The answers will be given as soon as I receive the first

attempt or if no answers are turning in, on the folowing

day!

Is it fair enough or do you want me wait for 24 hours

anyway before giving the answers???

I welcome your suggestion! :)

You should announce the time when the answers will be published.

I wish you will feel better and more enthuusiastic. I pray god not to trouble you much.

It is God's way of driving home the fact that we may be arrested in a body riddled with pain or enjoying non stop pleasure, but we are NOT the physical body! We are something over, above and beyond the body! :hail:

I wish you will feel better and more enthuusiastic. I pray god not to trouble you much.

​By a strange coincidence, moon revolves on its own axis in ~ 24 hours.

It also goes round the earth in ~ 24 hours.

The net result is that the moon always shows us the same silvery cool face with the marking of a bunny on it.

The other side of the moon...?

It never gets light. It must be dark, frozen and a sinister looking place.

Sometimes it is better NOT to go investigating the other side of some persons and places.:scared:

OK! I can give the answers after everyone gives their creative answers, on the next day.
These are questions which can have more than one correct answers! :welcome:

I am interested in the final correct answers, but more interested in the creative answers of others :)

What I just learned from Wikipedia!

Definition

Tidal forces from Earth have slowed down the moon's rotation so that the same side is always facing the Earth, a phenomenon called tidal locking.

The other face, most of which is never visible from the Earth (18% of it can be observed over time due to
libration), is therefore called the "far side of the Moon".

The far side should not be confused with the "dark side" (the hemisphere that is not illuminated by the Sun at a given point in time), as the two are the same only during a
full moon and, during a new moon, the near side is the dark side.

Both the near and far sides receive (on average) almost equal amounts of light from the Sun. However, the term "dark side of the moon" is commonly used poetically to refer to the far side.

Yes in space there is no up and down and light will be traveling in everydirection equally!
Why did I not think of it earlier?

Facts.

Facts are stubborn things. :ballchain:
Tobias Smollett.

Comment is free but facts are sacred. :clap2:
Charles Prestwick Scott.

But facts are facts and flinch not. :nono:
Robert Browning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back