• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thila tharpanam during Mahalaya paksham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear gopalan sir and others

I'm reasonable practicing hindu (not sure at what degree). Been doing regular sadhyavanadam, srardha kariyas for parents, and for mathru bahini's karma/srardha and all. Recently performed upanayanam for my son including abyudha nandhi etc. Last few years peforming pakshaya malayam. Just introducing background and all.

When i inquired with an astrologer for my son's horoscopes (10 year old) they said he has pitrhu dosham, and ask us to perform thila tharpanam in rameswaran in Jan 2014, sometime during saturn transits to his vishaka rasi. Whenever i find time i goto rameswharam during mahalayaksham time and perform theertha srartham and perform mahalayam on and off. wondering is it okay to perform thila tharpanam during mahalayapaksham.. There is no need for me to do it early before jan 2013. Given that weekend is coming - thinking on those lines.

Any information will be helpful

srinivasan

After death people get pretha sareeram. after ten days vasodhakam and thilothakam it gets pithru sareeram. you are doing only for pithru sareeram in rameswaram. some people will get unnatural death like train accident, bus accidents, death by cobra bite, poison drinking, suicide, falling from height,drownning, etc. unless otherwise you go to rameshwaram and do thila homam these unnatural dead persons caannot get the pithru bhaavam. this can be seen in the horoscope. as pithru thosham. you may do during mahalaya paksham also in ramesvaram --thila homam. or at any time convenient to you. you will get some more information from prasna aaroodam. or by thaampoola prasnam.

Thanks Gopalan ji. Are you saying that thila homam is the way for the pithru to move to pithru bhaavam from pitrhu sareeram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back