• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

these amazing indians!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
namaste shrI kunjuppu.

Whether J wants to dismantle the samachchIr kalvi with a watered down syllabus for all the children or not, I want such a system to be dismantled, since it is against the principles of choice in democracy and spirit of competition and innovation in education. It is not a question of leveling down, but one of building up.

Look at the other such schemes aimed at equality and much touted by the previous TN government.

• In the sama-pangkti bhojanam, the diners are not served the watery kanji which is the staple food of the downtrodden. Everyone is served a feast--leveling up.

• In the samatvapuram, the government is supposed to provide identical residential units and let them be occupied by people from all castes, clans and religions. Today's residential flat complexes in urban areas are actually such samatvapurams. While it is another issue that the previous government favoured its party men mostly to occupy these samatvapuram houses, the government did not build a poor man's hut for everyone--so, leveling up.

• TN governments vie with each other to give free consumer items such as TV, cooking gas connections--and now grinder, mixer and a laptop. The idea is to let the poor have the same lifestyle that only the haves can afford--again a question of building up, not leveling down.

• In the samachchIr kalvi, therefore, why should the government try to level down the syllabus? True, human brains and capabilities are not equal, but then, is stunting their growth a solution? What the government should do in samachchIr kalvi is to regulate the fees structure of private and elite public educational instutions, and subsidise admission of deserving poor children to elite schools, thus preserving the edge of competition and innovation which is so vital to education.

Well said!!

Wipro chairman Mr. Azim Premji’s comment on reservation
http://bibaswandutta.wordpress.com/2010/03/10/wipro-chairman-mr-azim-premjis-comment-on-reservation/

I think we should have job reservations in all the fields. I completely support the PM and all the politicians for promoting this. Let’s start the reservation with our cricket team. We should have 10 percent reservation for Muslims. 30 percent for OBC, SC/ST like that. Cricket rules should be modified accordingly.

The boundary circle should be reduced for an SC/ST player. The four hit by a OBC player should be considered as a six and a six hit by a OBC player should be counted as 8 runs. An OBC player scoring 60 runs should be declared as a century.

We should influence ICC and make rules so that the pace bowlers like Shoaib Akhtar should not bowl fast balls to our OBC player. Bowlers should bowl maximum speed of 80 km/ hour to a OBC player. Any delivery above this speed should be made illegal.

Also we should have reservation in Olympics. In the 100 meters race, an OBC player should be given a gold medal if he runs 80 meters.

There can be reservation in Government jobs also. Let’s recruit SC/ST and OBC pilots for aircrafts which are carrying the ministers and politicians (that can really help the country…) Ensure that only SC/ST and OBC doctors do the operations for the ministers and other politicians. (Another way of saving the country…)

Let’s be creative and think of ways and means to guide INDIA forward…

Let’s show the world that INDIAis a GREAT country.

Let’s be proud of being an INDIAN…

May the good breed of politicians like ARJUN SINGH long live…

“Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.”

The Associated Press: India's rural poor give up on power grid, go solar

when i was a kid, we had to wait for 5 years to get a phone for our home. i always used to despair if we ever would have phone connections like canada or the usa which until recently had the best phone systems in the world at the cheapest cost.

then came cell phones. and history was made.

today calls in india are 100 times cheaper than in canada. i get a huge huge sense of gratification at seeing the servant maids use phones and offer them to my wife when we go down home.

now here is another technology. the dream of having electricity is now Becoming localized generation at the household level using our ever benevolent surya bhagavan.

Maybe 100% electrification of india, is achievable in my lifetime. Yeah!!

The Associated Press: India's rural poor give up on power grid, go solar

when i was a kid, we had to wait for 5 years to get a phone for our home. i always used to despair if we ever would have phone connections like canada or the usa which until recently had the best phone systems in the world at the cheapest cost.

then came cell phones. and history was made.

today calls in india are 100 times cheaper than in canada. i get a huge huge sense of gratification at seeing the servant maids use phones and offer them to my wife when we go down home.

now here is another technology. the dream of having electricity is now Becoming localized generation at the household level using our ever benevolent surya bhagavan.

Maybe 100% electrification of india, is achievable in my lifetime. Yeah!!

Dear K:

Yes, solar panels are getting cheaper and popular. In Canada, can you upload your grid with the electricity made at your home?

In the US, several States are "talking about" doing this upload via new Meters, which will show how much solar electricity you uploaded and how much electricity you have drawn from the electric grid.

Wait & watch.

dear Y,

canada is blessed with cheap power.

afaik power generation & distribution are monopolistic quasi government organizations. thanks to grossest inefficiency we
are paying 3 times what we should be paying. the govt, just for job creation, a few years built nuclear plants, for which
there is no demand.

it costed a lot to shut them down, without being used :(

add to it, there are huge hydro electric projects coming up in quebec to feed the ever hungry americans. so within the
country water, electricity and natural gas is in plenty.

our local distribution company toronto hydro (which gets its major supply from ontario hydro) has differential rates
depending on which hour you use the electricity. but the price differential is so little, that most people ignore it and
use their washing machines or dish washers and a/c as needed.

also it is strange, that with so much surplus power, just to look 'politically correct' and 'green conscious', they spend
a fortunre (govt, electric companies) asking people to conserve electricity. now if everyone starts using power the
way we do in india, there would be a big problem of oversupply. :)

canada, abundance of natural riches, abundance of waste.

காலமாற்றத்தின் சாட்சி !

சுந்தரபுத்தன் | பிப்ரவரி 20, 2011 11:24

கோயில்களின் நகரம் கும்பகோணம். கலசங்களின் வரிசை என்று அதற்குப் பொருள் சொல்கிறார்கள். இந்த காவிரிக்கரை நகரின் பிரதான வீதியான பெரிய கடைத்தெருவில் கர்ணகொல்லை அக்ரஹாரத்தில் உள்ளடங்கி இருக்கிறது ஸ்ரீஜெயேந்திர சரஸ்வதி ஓரியண்டல் மேல்நிலைப்பள்ளி. இங்கு 23 தலித் மாணவர்கள் உள்ளிட்ட 195 பிற்படுத்தப்பட்ட மற்றும் மிகவும் பிற்படுத்தப்பட்ட மாணவர்கள் சமஸ்கிருதம் படிக்கிறார்கள். தமிழ், ஆங்கிலம்போல அதையும் ஒரு மொழியாக அம்மாணவர்கள் கற்கிறார்கள்.

பிராமணர்கள் மட்டுமே படிக்க முடியும் என்று இருந்து வந்த ‘தேவபாஷையை’ மிகவும் வறிய சூழலில் இருந்துவரும் அவர்கள் படிக்கிறார்கள். பிராமணர்களே இம்மொழியைப் படிக்காமல் கைவிட்ட காலத்தில் தலித் மாணவர்கள் ‘யாதாய சம்ப்ருதார்த்தாணாம்’ என்று காளிதாஸரின் ரகுவம்ச வரியை கேட்கும்போது காலம் நம்மை பின்னோக்கித் தள்ளுகிறது. “தந்தை பெரியார் பிராமணர்களின் ஆதிக்கத்தையும் அவர்கள் மதிக்கக்கூடிய சமஸ்கிருத மொழியையும் ஒருசேர எதிர்த்தார். தமி-ழகத்தில் இந்தி கட்டாயப் பாடமாக பள்ளிகளுக்கு வந்தபோது, 1937 இல் பெரும் இந்தி எதிர்ப்புப் போரை நடத்தியவர்கள் தமிழ் மாணவர்கள். திராவிட இயக்கத்தின் வரலாற்றை அறிந்தவர்கள் இந்தப் பள்ளியில் நடப்பது கண்டு வியப்பார்கள். சமஸ் கிருதத்தைக் காப்பாற்றுகிறவர்கள் பிராமணர்களாகத்தான் இருக்க வேண்டும் என்று அவசியம¤ல்லாமல் போய்விட்டது” என்கிறார் கலை விமர்சகர் தேனுகா.
1966 ஆம் ஆண்டு மகா பெரியவர் சந்திரசேகரேந்திர சரஸ்வதி சுவாமிகளின் முயற்சியால் 10 மாணவர்களைக் கொண்ட திண்ணைப் பள்ளியாக இது தொடங்கப்பட்டது. முதலில் டவுன் ஹைஸ்கூலில் ஆரம்பித்து கோபால்ராவ் நூலகத்துக்கு மாறி இன்று சொந்த கட்டடத்தில் இப்பள்ளி இயங்குகிறது. 450 மாணவர்கள் படிக்கிறார்கள். முதலில் காஞ்சி மடத்தின் அத்வைத சபாதான் இப்பள்ளியை நிர்வகித்தது. இப்போது காஞ்சி மடத்தின் நேரடிப்பார்வையில் இயங்குகிறது.அதற்கு ஒரு சுவாரசியமான கதை உண்டு.

இப்பள்ளியை தொடர்ந்து நிர்வாகம் நடத்த முடியாத சூழல் வந்தபோது, இங்கு 92 ஆம் ஆண்டுவாக்கில் வருகைதந்தார் ஸ்ரீஜெயேந்திர சரஸ்வதி ஸ்வாமிகள். எப்போதும் ஆசி வழங்கிவிட்டு உடனே சென்றுவிடும் இவர், முதல்முறையாக மாணவர்களிடம் சமஸ்கிருத ஸ்லோகங்களைச் சொல்லச் சொல்லி கேட்டார். ஏழாம் வகுப்பு படித்த சுந்தரபாண்டியன் என்ற தலித் மாணவர், இவர் முன்நின்று சமஸ்கிருத ஸ்லோகங்களை சரளமாகச் சொல்லியிருக்கிறார். அதில் அசந்து போய் ஒரு மணிநேரம் பள்ளியிலேயே செலவழித்த அவர், உங்களுக்கு என்ன தேவை என பள்ளிச் செயலரிடம் கேட்டுள்ளார். அதன்பயனாகவே 60 லட்சம் ரூபாய் மதிப்பில் பள்ளிக் கட்டடங்கள் எழுந்துள்ளன.

ஆசிரியர்களின் ஊதியத்தை மாநில அரசு கவனித்துக்கொள்கிறது. மற்றச் செலவுகளை காஞ்சிமடம் பராமரிக்கிறது. “எங்கள் பள்ளி ரொம்பவும் நொடிந்துபோய் இருந்த நேரத்தில்தான் பெரியவர் ஜெயேந்திர சுவாமிகள் வந்தார். இந்த ஒரு சிறுவன்தான் எங்களைக் காப்பாற்றி னான¢. நாங்கள் அதிக பணம் வசூலிக்கக்கூடாது என்று பெரியவர் கட்டளையிட்டுள்ளார். பத்தாம் வகுப்பு வரை சமஸ்கிருதம் சொல்லிக் கொடுக்கிறோம். ஏழை எளிய மாணவர்கள்தான் ஆர்வத்துடன் அதிகம் படிக்கின்றனர். எந்தப் பள்ளியிலும் இடம்கிடைக்காமல் யார் இங்கு வந்தாலும் எல்லோரையும் சேர்த்துக்கொள்கிறோம். சமஸ்கிருதம் படிப்பதை யாரும் சுமையாக நினைக்க வில்லை. கம்ப்யூட்டர் கல்விக்கும் இந்தி படிக்கவும் சமஸ்கிருதம் பயன் படும் என்பதால் மற்றப் பாடங்களைவிட சமஸ்கிருதத்தை கூடுதல் நேரத்தில் சொல்லிக்கொடுக்கிறோம்ÕÕ என்கிறார் தலைமை ஆசிரியர் ஜெ.பாஸ்கரன்.

இங்கு பழம் பூ விற்பவர்கள், தட்டுவண்டி வியாபாரிகள், சுமை தூக்குவோர், கொத்தனார், தச்சுவேலை செய்வோர் என சாதாரண பின்னணியிலிருந்து வரும் குழந்தைகளே படிக்கிறார்கள். நாம் பள்ளியில் நுழைந்தபோது 6ம் வகுப்பில் பாடம் நடத்திக் கொண்டிருந்தார் சமஸ்கிருத ஆசிரியர் திருமலை. இவர், சமஸ்கிருதத்தில் சிரோமணி, சாகித்ய சிரோமணி, சிக்ஷா சாஸ்திரி என எம்.ஏ., எம்.பில் வரை சமஸ்கிருதத்தைப் படித்துள்ளார். இப்பள்ளியின் முன்னாள் மாணவரான இந்த ஆசிரியர், “சமஸ்கிருதத்தில் அட்சராபியாசங்கள் முதல் சப்தங்கள், தாதுரூபங்கள் எனப்படும் இலக்கணம் வரை சொல்லித்தருகிறோம். ஏழாம் வகுப்பிலிருந்து ரகுவம்சம், குமாரசம்பவம், ஹர்ஷரின் ரத்னாவளி, கிராஜதாஜுன்யம், கௌமுதி, தர்க்கசங்கரகம், தசகுமார சரிதம், பிரதாப ருத்ரியம் என பிரபல சமஸ்கிருத இலக்கியங்களைச் சொல்லித் தருகிறோம். இசைமயமான இந்த மொழியை அந்தப் பிஞ்சுகளின் வாய்வழியாகக் கேட்பதில் ஓர் அலாதியான அனுபவம்” என்கிறார். இதுவரை இந்தப் பள்ளியில் யாரும் பொதுத்தேர்வில் தோல்வி அடைந்ததே இல்லையாம். சமஸ்கிருதம் படிக்கச் சிரமப்படும் குழந்தைகளுக்கு கூடுதல் கவனம் எடுத்துக்கொண்டு சிறப்புப் பயிற்சியும் தருகிறார்கள்.

ஏழாம் வகுப்பில் சமஸ்கிருத ஆசிரியர் இல்லாத குறையை தீர்த்துக் கொண்டிருந்தாள் மாணவி வைஷ்ணவி. தலித் சமூகத்தைச் சேர்ந்த இந்த மாணவி ரகுவம்சத்திலிருந்து ஒரு சில வரிகளை எடுத்துக்காட்டி, ரகுவம்சத்து மன்னர்கள் கொடுப்பதற்காகவே சம்பாதித்தார்கள் என்று விளக்கம் சொல்லிக்கொண்டிருந்தாள். இச்சிறுமியின் அப்பா பழக்கடை வைத்திருக்கிறார். சமஸ்கிருத ஆசிரியை எஸ். பத்மாவதி சொல்லித்தந்த பாடங்களை பயிற்சி செய்ய மாணவர்களுக்கு எழுதிக் காட்டுகிறாள். சமச்சீர் கல்விக்காக சமஸ்கிருத பாடத்தைத் தயார் செய்யும் பணிக்காக சென்னை சென்றுள்ளார் ஆசிரியை.

ஆறாம் வகுப்புப் படிக்கும் பிரவின்குமாரின் அப்பா தச்சுவேலை செய்கிறார். சமீபத்தில் நடந்த அரையாண்டுத் தேர்வில் சமஸ்கிருதத்தில் 72 மதிப்பெண் பெற்றிருக்கிறார் பிரவீன். தலித் மாணவியான வளர்மதியின் தந்தை மூட்டைதூக்குகிறார். பத்தாம் வகுப்புப் படிக்கும் சந்தியா, கட்டட வேலை செய்பவரின் மகள். இம்மாணவி கடந்த தேர்வில் சமஸ்கிருதத்தில் பெற்ற மதிப்பெண் 82. இப்பள்ளியின் செயலர் ஆடிட்டர் என். ராமகிருஷ்ணன் தசஇயிடம், “பொதுவாக சொல்லப் போனால் மேல்தட்டு வர்க்கத்தைச் சேர்ந்த மாணவர்கள் யாரும் சமஸ் கிருதம் படிக்க முன்வருவதில்லை. வேலை கிடைக்காது என்று ஒதுங்கி விட்டார்கள். ஏழை, எளிய மற்றும் தலித் மாணவர்கள் தான் ஆர்வத்துடன் வருகிறார்கள். இங்கு சாதி, மத வித்தியாசம் கிடையாது. சென்ற ஆண்டு ஒரு முஸ்லிம் மாணவன் சமஸ்கிருதத்தில் முதலிடம் பெற்றான். கடந்த மூன்றாண்டுகளாக எங்கள் மாணவர்கள் நல்ல மதிப்பெண்களுடன் தேர்ச்சி பெற்றுவருகிறார்கள்” என்கிறார்.

கும்பகோணத்தில் பழைமையான நான்கு வேத பாடசாலைகள் உள்ளன. முதல் சமஸ்கிருத அச்சகம் ஒன்றும் சில நூறு ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்பு இங்கு செயல்பட்டிருப்பதாகச் சொல் கிறார்கள். அந்தப் பழம்பெருமையை இன்னமும் இந்நகரம் தக்க வைத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது. இறந்த மொழியாகக் கருதப்படும் சமஸ்கிருத மொழியை மீட்டெடுக்க பல முயற்சிகள் நடக் கின்றன. இந்தப் பள்ளி இந்த முயற்சியில் நாட்டுக்கு அமைதியாக ஒரு பாடத்தைச் சொல்லிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

அற்புதமான செய்தி, மனநிறைவை அளிக்கிறது . இவ்வரிய தொண்டினை செய்துவரும் பாடசாலையின் விலாசத்தையும் கொடுத்தால் உதவியாக இருக்கும் ,
நலம்கோரும்,
பிரஹ்மண்யன் ,
பெங்களூர்

இனிமையான தகவல். இதே போன்று கர்நாடக மாநிலத்தில் தும்கூர் அருகில் சித்தகங்கா மடத்தில் அனைத்து பிரிவை சேர்ந்த மாணவர்களுக்கும் சம்ஸ்க்ருதம் கற்பிக்கப் படுகிறது .

namaste shrI Brahmanyan and others.

Seems the address of the school is given in the first paragraph as KarNakollai agraharam, PeriyakaDai street. The fact that the school is located in the agraharam is in itself a feather on the cap. I also found a report about the school here:
Sanskritisation turned turtle - The Sunday Indian

This blog article could be interesting too:
ஹரிஹரனின் உலகங்கள்: (143) பிராமணர்களின் கல்வி, மருத்துவப் பொதுச்ச&#301

i wonder why there are not more schools like this. after all it is to the benefit of the students.

sanskrit has always been a favourite second language, easier to get high marks. along with french. for english medium students. alteast it was so, in my time.

btw sanskrit is not a hindu language. though it was the language of hindu scriptures, we also have a lot of secular output here. also a court language i believe?

i find it interesting, that tamil is as much rich in hinduism, both saivite and vaishnavite kind. yet more quotations are seen here in sanskrit than tamil?

are not not tamil brahmins? :)

There is a small village near Shimoga in Karnataka State where from small kids to the elders converse fluently in Sanskrit as if it is their mother tongue even today.I could not get the name of the place.Those who are aware of this place may pl.give more information.

i wonder why there are not more schools like this. after all it is to the benefit of the students.

sanskrit has always been a favourite second language, easier to get high marks. along with french. for english medium students. alteast it was so, in my time.

btw sanskrit is not a hindu language. though it was the language of hindu scriptures, we also have a lot of secular output here. also a court language i believe?

i find it interesting, that tamil is as much rich in hinduism, both saivite and vaishnavite kind. yet more quotations are seen here in sanskrit than tamil?

are not not tamil brahmins? :)

I do not know about that Dear Kunjuppu but most people here dont know or claim to know much of Sanskrit and I am certain most of us know lot more tamil.

But if what you say is true inspite of the fact above it would be Ironical!

The fact is people here dont believe that hindu texts in tamil are as sacred as the ones in sanskrit. If we list the order of sacredness the Vedas > Puranas > Smrithis > Tamil devotional texts. But if we see the extent of familiarity of language Tamil > Sanskrit. If we see respect Sanskrit > Tamil.

Kunjuppu there are not many such schools because our TB legacy has ensured that only B start Sanskrit based schools in TN.

You wont believe that there is an aged man who believes that Sanskrit > Telugu > Tamil in that order. He is a pucca TB and I have serious doubts if he knows much of Telugu except Tyagaraja songs.

I do not know about that Dear Kunjuppu but most people here dont know or claim to know much of Sanskrit and I am certain most of us know lot more tamil.

But if what you say is true inspite of the fact above it would be Ironical!

The fact is people here dont believe that hindu texts in tamil are as sacred as the ones in sanskrit. If we list the order of sacredness the Vedas > Puranas > Smrithis > Tamil devotional texts. But if we see the extent of familiarity of language Tamil > Sanskrit. If we see respect Sanskrit > Tamil.

Kunjuppu there are not many such schools because our TB legacy has ensured that only B start Sanskrit based schools in TN.

You wont believe that there is an aged man who believes that Sanskrit > Telugu > Tamil in that order. He is a pucca TB and I have serious doubts if he knows much of Telugu except Tyagaraja songs.

thanks subbudu.

is there any wonder that other tamil castes, cast aspirations on our 'tamilness'? these apparently do not have any dual loyalties, or are sure that tamil is #1.

being of kerala origin, i have always wondered this strange loyalty of tambrams. us pattars, we consider malayalam #1. my granma made me learn malayalam alphabet, by tracing my fingers on lightly spread sand on the floor. the oozing of blood, she claimed was a sure way to get the alphabets 'imprinted' inside me. :)

thanks subbudu.

being of kerala origin, i have always wondered this strange loyalty of tambrams. us pattars, we consider malayalam #1. my granma made me learn malayalam alphabet, by tracing my fingers on lightly spread sand on the floor. the oozing of blood, she claimed was a sure way to get the alphabets 'imprinted' inside me. :)

That is understandable but what do you say for a Tanjore person saying that Telugu and sanskrit are the only good languages and Tamil is trash!

That is understandable but what do you say for a Tanjore person saying that Telugu and sanskrit are the only good languages and Tamil is trash!

Or how about a Tamil Brahmin who says Sanskrit came from Tamil? (Some of you must not have been following my posts). You see, the problem with stereotyping is, one tends to look for evidence that support only their biased notions.

Or how about a Tamil Brahmin who says Sanskrit came from Tamil? (Some of you must not have been following my posts). You see, the problem with stereotyping is, one tends to look for evidence that support only their biased notions.
I agree but I made a mention of what I considered the general opinion of a lot of middle aged men from TN that Sanskrit is perceieved to be a higher up language atleast in terms of sacredness. Though there are only a few that think that Tamil is a low grade language.

But they are there like I said earlier and there are TB who think that Tamil is a greater language like you said. Both these examples are in a minority. A vast majority of us feel that there is more sacredness to Sanskrit even though we might still love tamil.

A vast majority of us feel that there is more sacredness to Sanskrit even though we might still love tamil.

I guess that might be because much of the religious sermons, mantras and slogas were first written in Sanskrit. It may take a few hundred years to develop sufficient religious literature in Tamil to counterweigh Sanskrit's image.

Saint Agasthya brought shape to Tamil at the guidance of God. Hence, Tamil IS the "God's Chosen Language"! :)

For me Language is a medium of conveying knowledge. It does not matter whether it is Sanskrit, Tamil, English or some other language. I would like to learn as many languages as possible and enjoy the literature in them. Since I am born to Tamil parents following Vedic religion, I am comfortable with Tamil and Sanskrit. I love all languages and enjoy their sounds. Why I should bother which language is first or second? That is the concern of the Creator, not me.

Cheers,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Refer post 32.

"ஈனப் பறையர்களேனும் அவர் எம்முடன் வாழ்ந்திங் கிருப்பவர் அன்றோ?"

Dear Subbudu Sir,

That is very interesting. My own family's ancestry is Thiruvaiyaru Telugu. It reminds me of when I was younger and learning Carnatic music from my mami. Now, my mami was pure Palghat Pattar grown up in Chennai.

She used to go every year to Andhra, to my relative's place just to learn Telugu reading/writing for her Carnatic music improvement. So as a little girl I naturally thought wow Telugu is more superior since my own mami gives so much importance to it rather than her mother tongue (both Malayalam and Tamil i think!).

IMO it also didn't help Tamil's case that lots of Carnatic songs sung by TBs, taught by TBs are in Telugu/Kannada, nor does it help Tamil's case that Thyagaraja Swami, although born and brought up in Thiruvarur only composed in Telugu!

Last edited:
Hey everyone we will solve this language problem.

AUM is the the First Word of Creation.
We can write AUM in any language and in any script.
Most important AUM is best heard in a Heart Silent in Contemplation.

I guess that might be because much of the religious sermons, mantras and slogas were first written in Sanskrit. It may take a few hundred years to develop sufficient religious literature in Tamil to counterweigh Sanskrit's image.

Saint Agasthya brought shape to Tamil at the guidance of God. Hence, Tamil IS the "God's Chosen Language"! :)

Dear Dr Barani,

God has no preferences dear.He is beyond Dualities.After all in the Sound of Silence is the Voice of God.Does God really need a language?

Friends, It is absolutely true that somewhere, some tamil brahmin, incl
usive of Jayendra saraswathi & their followers, are doing service to the DALITS voluntarily, with no expectations. We, Tamil brahmins are mostly God-fearing, helpful to every human being, speak truth, mix with society & carry on their religious avocations without any hindrance to others. Let all of feel proud &desist from condemning other Brahmin Brethren.

A.Srinivasan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back