• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Theetu

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Girisai, best wishes to you, Again you have stated that I am contradicing, sorry, my point is that as for your own statement that the lords like Krishna, Rama and others performed pooja and rituals, yes thatswhy they took human birth to get salvation,and every avathar they said some principals of life. If this Lords require lot of birth and death after duing pooja etc, why should we perform that. So To understand the very perpous of life and one should have a Marked soul. I am sorry to say that for arguementswith my Master is not possible because he says firest you must undersatand the right path, you may follow any religion but you be honest living person. If you contact me at my tel no 044-22390601 I can guide you for surat shabad yoga. I think you may in Tamilnadu/India then give me your address I will forward list of center near to you. An exp: every one is having family doctors and he knows about you and your health, soddenly the doctor dies can you use his old prescription through out your life for tretments, you must serch a new doctor. Like that for salvation you require a Guru and follow his teachings. Our Religious Books and scriptures are just guide to to the right direction and they never lead you to salvation. s.r.k.

To Smt HH Madam I am not Blameing Telugu Brahmins, for their live hood the made some compermise with scholars and started their own terpretation to Vedham. s.r.k.

Namaste Salemji

Do you mean Tamil Brahmins have to re-evaluate existing cultural practices and discard the ones (include Theetu practice?) influenced/brought from Telugu Origin Brahmins that which were built by compromising scholars and by self-interpretation of Vedas.

Thanks
Jai SiyaRaam

To Jaisiyaraam: Sir, Just your name spelling you have re-evaluate on numaric astro science. Then why not TB's to re-evaluate them from age old out dated rituals. As far as I am concerned TB's are from Vedic period they followed a very simple systems and lead a moral life. s.r.k.

Salem: More contradictions. Lord took Avatars to destroy Adharma and lead the humanity back to the path of Dharma. I have not heard any Guru or scriptures saying that Lord took multiple births to attain salvation and he did not attain salvation because he did poojas. Can you clarify me a couple of things :

1. Per your theory, why did Lord Rama or Lord Krishna who did poojas and various rituals as per sastras were not born again. The Lord will emerge himself at the end of each yuga as the scriptures say to destroy Adharma but not TO ATTAIN SALVATION.

2. You example makes me laugh, if your doctor dies and if his treatment has worked for you pretty well, won't you go with your medical history to your new doctor and give him your back ground info? Assuming he is a "good" doctor, is he not going to be prescribing similar medicines if not identical ones to solve your health issues and hopefully wont give you a slow poison when the need of the hour is a pain killer.

3. My intention was never to argue with any gurus as I have a tremendous amount of respect for them. To date, in the history of Sanatana Dharma we have seen various contrasting philosophies arising out of during various time periods, nothing out of Vedas or Sastras though, and no "Good" guru says the philosophy that he is practicing is the ONLY WAY to attain salvation and devalue other philosophies. It is we, who do not understand their philosophies/teachings properly and start hitting out at other philosophies or even religions.

4. Our religious books and scriptures ultimate motive is taking the 'Jivatman' to Salvation and your ideas totally baffles me. For eg. In Varaha Purana, Lord Vishnu declares that who reads and practices even a part of Bhagavad Gita is sure get rid of the cycles of birth and death and attain 'Mukthi'. Do you mean to say he lied to us or some one tampared with Bhagavad Gita?

5. In Kali Yuga, per the scriptures and all the great gurus, Sri Shanakara, Sri Ramanuja, Sri Madhwa, Sri Raghavendra, Sri Rama Krishna Paramahamsa, Kanchi Maha Periyavaa, Sri Sathya Sai Baba, Swami Chinmayananda, Mata Amritandamayee, and so many more gurus have stressed the importance of Nama Japa (Chanting Gods name) and that if done with sincerity and devotion will take you to 'Mukthi'. Do you mean to say they all lied and are faking? Please put your thinking cap on before you suggest that the only way to attain salvation is through surat shabad yoga.

Last edited:
To Girisai: Sir, Your lenghty reply shows your Book Knowledge and you are not willing to understand the Basic concept of Vedham, it is a sound called Aanahathnath which is sounding in every Soul born in this world,only Human can listen this sound during meditation. This sounds are at the ether(SKY) and a perfect living master will teach this truth only those marked souls come to them. Their no laugh in doctor exp, since you misunderstood the meaning, every doctor deffers from each other, your example for killing atherman the lords took birth, basicly this birth inticate all atherman is with in you, like Ramayana, Mahabartha took place in human body every minite, this stories are just give expl to lead moral life, in Mahabartha Krishna used cheep method to win the battle,it may be Dharman on those yougas, but this youga killing a person is called planned Murder under punishable act, so we are living for our selevs and we must selfish to obtain Mukthi. So Dont confuse you with your books and my reply, My motivation is this all TB's should get enlightment and obtain mukthi in this Birth only. s.r.k

Salem: I did not quote any text from Vedham or scriptures to show my 'bookish knowledge'. I guess you did not even look at my reply in the correct context which explained the various guru's and their different philosophies to attain mukthi. Instead you jump the gun by saying Lord Krishna used "cheap" tactics to win battle. Good luck in your efforts for salvation and may god bless you !

To Jaisiyaraam: Sir, Just your name spelling you have re-evaluate on numaric astro science. Then why not TB's to re-evaluate them from age old out dated rituals. As far as I am concerned TB's are from Vedic period they followed a very simple systems and lead a moral life. s.r.k.

Namaste esarkeyji,

No Madam/Sir, I did not re-valuate my name spelling on numeric astro science.

I dont believe in numeric astro science, for now.

I am sorry if my name spelling gave you the impression that I re-evaluated it on numeric astro science and/or that I believe in numeric astro science.

Thanks,
Jai SiyaRaam

.... no "Good" guru says the philosophy that he is practicing is the ONLY WAY to attain salvation and devalue other philosophies. It is we, who do not understand their philosophies/teachings properly and start hitting out at other philosophies or even religions.
girishsai, I don't know who these "Good" gurus are in your books, as far as I know, even Gurus within Brahminism, such as Adi Sankara, Bhagavat Ramanuja, and Madhwacharya, did not agree with each other on even what "salvation" is. Each claim their version of "salvation" is what is described in the Vedas. They further prescribe specific methods for achieving that "salvation" and yes, they do say their way is the ONLY way.

Cheers!

Ramani from chennai

pl clarify
the anushtanam for theettu in travel.i mean while travelling to office some people from a death house boarding the bus.i cannot comeback take bath and go again.what the sastras say.

While observing theettu when there is nobody to cook meals/prepare coffee how to do it in the house by a person with theettu.

Ramani
Shri Vijayramanathan,

Since you seem to have not yet grasped what you should do, here it is:

1. You may continue your office work but should not eat anything or drink even water. After coming home in the evening, you should immediately take bath ensuring the various stipulations detailed by Shri Nara and myself; then alone will you become "madi".

Alternatively, take sick leave, if that is possible, go home straight and take bath and observe all the other anushTAnams described.

2.I presume you are referring to the person with "theettu" himself/herself cooking since there is no one else without "theettu" to do that. If you cook, while in "theettu", anything you will have to purify the entire house on the day the "theettu" gets removed complying with the anushTAnams prescribed in posts nos. 60 & 62 above. Anything short of those will tantamount to compromising "Suddham".

Nara,

As I have mentioned in one of the previous posts all the Gurus that I had mentioned above and you referred to did not contradict on the definition or theory of Salvation. No body disputes the definition of salvation and there is a prescription of various path during various time periods to attain the goal by the various gurus. They emphasized their own theory and philosophy but never said the other philosophies were NOT RIGHT not did they condemn the other gurus. It is we individuals who get into what and who is the absolute best argument and go off in a tangent. Can you show me where Sri Adi Shankara, Swami Ramanuja or Swami Madhwa has hit out at each other saying one philosophy is absolutely wrong and the one that they are practicing is the one is ONLY THE right one ?

Last edited:
... but never said the other philosophies were NOT RIGHT not did they condemn the other gurus. It is we individuals who get into what and who is the absolute best argument and go off in a tangent. Can you show me where Sri Adi Shankara, Swami Ramanuja or Swami Madhwa has hit out at each other saying one philosophy is absolutely wrong and the one that they are practicing is the one is ONLY THE right one ?

Yes they did. The commentaries for Brahmma Sutra written by these Acharyas are as much polemical as they are propounding one's vision.

A good part of Sri Bhashyam of Bhagavat Ramanuja is spent on trying to refute Adi Sankara. Madwachariyar tries to refute both Adi Sankara and Bhagavat Ramanuja.

For example, for Adi Sankara salvation is the disappearance of apartment duality, and this is achieved through knowledge. For Bhagavat Ramanuja this is complete anathema. For him, salvation is uninterrupted service to Sriman Narayana in Sri Vaikuntam. He condemns the central advaita concept of Nirguna Brahman.

All paths lead to the same truth is a sanctimonious platitude nobody really believes.

Cheers!

Nara - One striking this is if Sri Adi Sankara has been practicing advaita concept of Nirguna Brahma, why did he even travel length and breath to do Pranna prathishta of various murthy's which earned him the award of "Shanmadha Sthapana". That is the ultimate state that every guru aspires a soul to reach but so is the variety of paths.

தீட்டு

வணக்கம்,உங்களுடைய கேள்விகளை தமிழில் கேட்டால் என்னால் உங்களுக்கு உதவமுடியும்.நன்றி
Ramani from chennai

pl clarify
the anushtanam for theettu in travel.i mean while travelling to office some people from a death house boarding the bus.i cannot comeback take bath and go again.what the sastras say.

While observing theettu when there is nobody to cook meals/prepare coffee how to do it in the house by a person with theettu.

Ramani

to Girisai, thanks for your beat wishes, I have fully read all postigs and understand,I am not gunnig against Krishna,but I am having different view by understanding Krishna's acts,commissions and omissions,like I am having a view why the Geetha Preachid at a battle field and not in a place or other times.It is Time to do so.ex a fish,frag lives in gangai rever and its karmas wahed ones for all not at all like your body may clean by the river water not Karmas.Like wise the Theetu etc., Pl understand the origional sanathnaDarmha which says a moral life. with warm regards. s.r.k. note: Just sit for 30 mints and close your eys and started asking whom I am.In days together you will get answer and you can understand my posting. s,r.k.

Salem:

Thanks for your views of "Cheating" by Lord Krishna, though I'm not convinced. When we cannot understand our behaviour at various different times, trying to understand the lord, his avatar, and his Gita Upadesam at a battle field is far beyond understanding, at least for me.

Thanks for your advise on daily meditation for 30 min in realizing the self, I have doing it for quite a few years.

To Girisai: Thankyou, Pl increase your meditaion time slowly to 2.30 hrs daily in the early morning 3.00 to 5.30 which will more helpful. s.r.k.

In those days hygine was given high priority.Theettu is directly connected to that belief.Before rediculing our traditions and customs we should try to understand the theory behind them.The scriptures define that a dead body has to be cremated within a short time.Because they found the dead body emanates bacterias so also the influence of such bacteria on the human body who frequent that house naturally the close relatives.So it was said that close relatives should keep their body and clothes clean.they were advised to be aloof from others to avoid spread of any diseases.Now Everyone is living in different parts of world and we need not give the same importance today.Regarding Rajas or ladies in their periods, here again the excretions contain lot of bacterias such ladies were not allowed to places inside homes. But now personal hygine has improved manifold and they have learned to be more clean.so this also to be given rethinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back