• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Wall retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
BANGALORE: Batting star Rahul Dravid, the second most prolific batsman in the game's history and India's middle order bulwark for years, on Friday announced his retirement from Test cricket, saying it was the right time to move on and allow "a new generation of cricketers to make a new history".

The 39-year-old Dravid, a former Indian captain, said he would leave the stage with wonderful memories and had no regrets to bring down the curtains on his career spanning close to 16 years.

I would like to announce retirement from international and domestic first-class cricket. It is 16 years since I played my first Test match for India and today I feel it is an time to move on. Once I was like every other boy in India, with a dream of playing for my country. Yet I could never have imagined a journey so long and so fulfilling," Dravid said at a crowded press conference here. "I felt it was the right time for me to move on, for a next generation of cricketers to play and make a new history. A lot of these decisions just come to you in different ways. I just felt the time was right. I needed to move on," said Dravid.

Dravid announces retirement from cricket | | | The New Indian Express

A perfect role model, dignified both on and off the field. Stood like a rock for the team in many a situations and owns the number 3 slot. will miss him a lot.

Last edited:
Asolid player for Indian Cricket has really done a marvellous job in the Game of Cricket.I wish hime a happy retired life to spend with his family.
Alwan

When we were young and watching rather listening cricket as no TV was available were glued to Transistors and Radios , practically wept when the great GRV announced his retirement. Now it has become so routine and though didnot shell down tear on Wall's retirement hmm....
The other Gentleman by name Arjun Raja who played for Karnataka team along with Dravid disappeared . He was a terrific player along with Dravid.
It was great time that once upon a time 7 players from Karnataka were in Indian team and as on date none. This is really making me to cry.

Sir,
Wouldn't you want to give the poor cricketers from the other states a chance? The cricketers from Karnataka have served India well. I cry that there have been no national level cricketers from Assam and further eastward.

Is it Indian Team? Should the most capable Indian players be selected to represent the country? Older players who are not playing at their peak level should retire, and give their place to younger players. The older players should gracefully retire, and we as cricket lovers would thank them for their service. Why this bemoaning for the state representation?

Is it me, or others do not want to state it? There is an anti-Indian sentiment among Tamilian at least in this site. Are Tamilians in general this anti-india? Look at the postings from Mr JK (jaykay) for instance.

Last edited:
shri prasad sir,

no. tamils are not anti indians. wrt cricket, you would have heard about IPL. it is cosmpolitan. dhoni, who is from jharkand, is adored in chennai and dinesh karthik, a tamil is in MI team. there are so many examples.

Match fixing spoils the interest in cricket. Whenever there is a sudden turn it is difficult for us to judge whethere it is a real game or a match fixing one. For example when CSK beat Delhi dare devils for a moment it came to my mind that Is there any match fixing? Today's news we have heard that some match fixing is going on in IPL too. I feel Rahul dravid and Ganguly is not carrying luck with them though they are very good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back