• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Title of the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Brahman" has been defined as the Supreme Ultimate Reality, Self-effulgent, one without a second (Adwiteeyam) and without qualities, (Nirguna). One who has realised Brahman is Brahmin. While Brahman signifies transcendental (Para), without any qualities, the word "Tamil" refers to a language, which is a means of expression. Would it be appropriate to bring the means of expression into a universal concept which is an experience by itself? When Brahman is without qualities (Nirguna), does He require an adjective as Tamil? When Brahman is beyond time and space, should He be associated with a language that is confined to a region?

I am not questioning anyone. I am just expressing my doubt. Please enlighten me.

He be associated with a language that is confined to a region?
Not necessarily. When this site was started it was named as tamilbrahmins.com. Over time the language barrier has been removed. But because the site has attracted a good amount of publicity and name, its quite difficult to change the name overnight.

But then again, the site is accessible through brahminsworld.com. There is a discussion that talked about moving from tamilbrahmins.com to brahminsworld.com.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/feedback-suggestions/4712-req-your-feedback-thoughts.html

Not necessarily. When this site was started it was named as tamilbrahmins.com. Over time the language barrier has been removed. But because the site has attracted a good amount of publicity and name, its quite difficult to change the name overnight.

But then again, the site is accessible through brahminsworld.com. There is a discussion that talked about moving from tamilbrahmins.com to brahminsworld.com.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/feedback-suggestions/4712-req-your-feedback-thoughts.html

Dear Sri Praveen,

I wish that this forum continue to be a Community forum of "Tamil Brahmins" without language barrier.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I wish that this forum continue to be a Community forum of "Tamil Brahmins" without language barrier.

Currently and for the foreseeable future thats how it will be.
The name will continue to be tamil brahmins, but there are no restrictions on who can join. We do not discriminate anyone based on their language/caste or whatever.

As long as they can participate in a civil way and do not affect the sentiments of other members with their views, they are welcome.

Praveen,

As per numerology (both chaldean and pythogorean), the phrase "www. tamilbrahmins .com" http://www.tamilbrahmins.com equals number 5, which is why it will remain ever popular. In cabalistic oracle, the same term gives number 503, which stands for election, honors and stature. So am glad that tamilbrahmins.com was not moved to brahminsworld.com :)

Praveen,

As per numerology (both chaldean and pythogorean), the phrase "www. tamilbrahmins .com" http://www.tamilbrahmins.com equals number 5, which is why it will remain ever popular. In cabalistic oracle, the same term gives number 503, which stands for election, honors and stature. So am glad that tamilbrahmins.com was not moved to brahminsworld.com :)

Awesome stuff HH :) Thank you :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back