• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Neurobiology of Falling In love

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious, Dr RK, what do you prescribe to the victims of Loveria: ‪Kya Hua (Loveria) song - Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman‬‏ - YouTube

Most of the while patients see Docs for depression for failed love or failed marriage.
Loveria so far no one comes to see a Doc.

Anyway signs and symptoms of Loveria

1)Intense feelings of happiness
2)Every sound you hear you feel you can hear his/her voice
3)Lack of apetite and lack of sleep(good you can get a chance to lose 1-2kg)
4)Everyone you see..you see him/her.
5)You feel dancing and singing Ala Bollywood Ishtyle.
6)You feel addicted to the person
7)You are caught smiling for a no reason.
8)We girls go shopping to buy new clothes when we go on a date with a new guy.So more guys we date more clothes we buy
9)Take more trouble to look well groomed.
10)If the person is not our community you will notice how many people take the trouble to know more of the culture of a community of the person they love.
eg one friend of mine also a doc who is a northern indian suddenly was interested to learn Tamil and I asked him "do you like a Tamil chick?" and he was "yes..i am trying to learn Tamil to get her"

Any more Q Biswa?

Thank you Dr. Love Welcome To Dr Love | Ask Doctor Love!
Is it possible that the symptoms are more fun than the disease itself?

Most of the while patients see Docs for depression for failed love or failed marriage.
Loveria so far no one comes to see a Doc.

Anyway signs and symptoms of Loveria

1)Intense feelings of happiness
2)Every sound you hear you feel you can hear his/her voice
3)Lack of apetite and lack of sleep(good you can get a chance to lose 1-2kg)
4)Everyone you see..you see him/her.
5)You feel dancing and singing Ala Bollywood Ishtyle.
6)You feel addicted to the person
7)You are caught smiling for a no reason.
8)We girls go shopping to buy new clothes when we go on a date with a new guy.So more guys we date more clothes we buy
9)Take more trouble to look well groomed.
10)If the person is not our community you will notice how many people take the trouble to know more of the culture of a community of the person they love.
eg one friend of mine also a doc who is a northern indian suddenly was interested to learn Tamil and I asked him "do you like a Tamil chick?" and he was "yes..i am trying to learn Tamil to get her"

Any more Q Biswa?

BTW Biswa I always motivate my patients who are depressed with a failed marriage.
I had a patient sometime back..who was severely depressed when she came to see me and came in to my room crying and had even tried to attempt suicide before becos of a failed marriage.

I gave her tips how to improve her image and self confidence and also told her get a new hubby since your old one has divorced you.
She was 1st shocked to listen to my advise and then she did ask me "what would people think"
So I asked her.."where were these same people when you were trying to end your life"
Then she was willing to listen and she was receptive took all my tips on how to improve her looks and how to get back into the dating scene.

She got to know a person online and recently came to give me her a wedding card along with her parents and her new guy.
She was crying so much and hugging me and her new hubby was so happy to meet me cos he said he met a wonderful girl and was happy that i encouraged her to go online and meet someone.

Thank you Dr. Love Welcome To Dr Love | Ask Doctor Love!
Is it possible that the symptoms are more fun than the disease itself?

Yes signs and symptoms are always more fun especially when at the begining stages.After a while all symptoms will hit a plateau and some fall out of love while some others grow into deeper mature love.

Some people are addicted to the initial "high" feeling of a new love and keep on looking for this and end up jumping from person to person.

Love is also some form of addiction and brain waves pattern of a person in love and someone addicted to substance(drugs) are the same.

So when we tell some one "I Love You" Its like saying "I am Hooked on to You"

Man, you stole the words right out of my mouth.

I think there are some people who are in love with the idea of falling in love.

Just like crack cocaine, they keep searching for a new high. Glad you agree with that.

And of course, I hope there is some way of distinguishing love from lust.
Yes signs and symptoms are always more fun especially when at the begining stages.After a while all symptoms will hit a plateau and some fall out of love while some others grow into deeper mature love.

Some people are addicted to the initial "high" feeling of a new love and keep on looking for this and end up jumping from person to person.

Love is also some form of addiction and brain waves pattern of a person in love and someone addicted to substance(drugs) are the same.

So when we tell some one "I Love You" Its like saying "I am Hooked on to You"

Man, you stole the words right out of my mouth.

I think there are some people who are in love with the idea of falling in love.

Just like crack cocaine, they keep searching for a new high. Glad you agree with that.

And of course, I hope there is some way of distinguishing love from lust.

Ok now coming to differentiating love and lust..just dont bother.

When we analyse too much we dont get the holistic picture.
See when we love someone..we only think of him/her as a whole unit.
We dont break it down into is this love or is this lust?
Some people start off lusty but end up being in deep love and get married and live happily ever after.
Some start off less lusty but never end up totally in love.

Sometimes True Love is like God too..we can never describe it by words..We can only experience it.

What about Meerabai? Do you think her love for Krishna had similar characteristics?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Meera had pure love for Lord Krishna.Her Bhakthi is classified as Atma Nivedana type of Bhakti where there is full surrender to God.
Her Love transcends everything and its purely at the Atmic Level.

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Meera had pure love for Lord Krishna.Her Bhakthi is classified as Atma Nivedana type of Bhakti where there is full surrender to God.
Her Love transcends everything and its purely at the Atmic Level.

But surely, that kind of love, singing, chanting etc could lead to ecstasy? After all, she did consider Krishna as her lover, AFAIK.

But surely, that kind of love, singing, chanting etc could lead to ecstasy? After all, she did consider Krishna as her lover, AFAIK.

Divine ecstasy is not the same as physical ecstasy.
BTW my dear Biswa...Jeevatma is eternally wedded to Paramatma and thats Love in the Purest Form...and that makes God the Lover for all of us.

Divine ecstasy is not the same as physical ecstasy.
I never said physical though, I just mentioned ecstasy. Perhaps they could have the same neurobiological explanation?

BTW my dear Biswa...Jeevatma is eternally wedded to Paramatma and thats Love in the Purest Form...and that makes God the Lover for all of us.
My point exactly. Love is just a feel-good feeling. God is in heaven and all is right with the world.

I never said physical though, I just mentioned ecstasy. Perhaps they could have the same neurobiological explanation?

My point exactly. Love is just a feel-good feeling. God is in heaven and all is right with the world.

Ok If you are leaving out "Physical" then I can say that the Neurobiology might be the same cos same parts of brain is activated when we have the feel good feeling.

The Eternal Lover(GOD) is right in us but we do get lost sometimes with all the "Part Time Lovers" that come from Janam to Janam.

‪Stevie Wonder - Part Time Lover‬‏ - YouTube

P
art time Lovers here denote :All types of relationships that we come across with in the ocean of samsara..that is father,mother,siblings,friends,spouses,children etc.

Last edited:
In other words, maaya?

Hey Biswa,

You have given me an idea..may be I will write a book titled "Romancing Maaya"

I will give a write up on the Neurobiology of Love and describe all forms of Loves and its impact on the human psychology.

Need to go in to some graphic juicy details too and then finally give everyone an Anti Climax when I end the book with details of Divine Love of Jeevatma and Paramatma.

You know in Punjabi there is a nice word used to describe this sorts of Anti Climax but I can't write it here..LOL

Last edited:
In the Greek Language there are 4 words synonymous to Love : STORGE - Love between Parents and Children. This includes Love between Uncles/Aunts and Nephews/Nieces, between Grandparents and Grandchildren etc. PHILEO - Love between Brothers and Sisters, between cousins, between friends. HEROS - Love between a Husband and Wife. This excludes romantice love between a man and a woman. AGAPE - God's Love. Greatest of all Love. Peerless, matchless, eternal (the only eternal love, the rest are temporal), TRUE ( the only TRUE LOVE, the rest are illusions)

Last edited:
renu,

good of you to start this thread.

i am not familiar with the chemicals that are released during 'lovvu' as we tamils call it.

but if my children are to be believed, that is the greatest feeling ever experienced by a human. granted, that intensity waxes and wanes, but love remains constant, beneath it all.

arranged marriage folks, lime me, can only watch and admire !!

renu,

good of you to start this thread.

i am not familiar with the chemicals that are released during 'lovvu' as we tamils call it.

but if my children are to be believed, that is the greatest feeling ever experienced by a human. granted, that intensity waxes and wanes, but love remains constant, beneath it all.

arranged marriage folks, lime me, can only watch and admire !!

Hey Kunjs,

Even in arranged marriage we can fall in love at 1st sight.
Arranged or "lovvu" the neurobiology is the same.
BTW do you expect me to believe that you never had a "Lovvu" experience before?

Comparing falling in love and the feeling of love with substance addiction is all very well neurobiologically, but we can choose to abstain/not take drugs. With falling in love (or rising) I don't believe we have a choice. It just happens!

Why with some and not the other, I still dont get though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back