• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Neurobiology of Falling In love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing falling in love and the feeling of love with substance addiction is all very well neurobiologically, but we can choose to abstain/not take drugs. With falling in love (or rising) I don't believe we have a choice. It just happens!

Why with some and not the other, I still dont get though.

My dear..thats the mystery why we love some and not the other.
See love is like Maya too..we have no idea of its origins and its end.
So just sail through...

Need to go in to some graphic juicy details too and then finally give everyone an Anti Climax when I end the book with details of Divine Love of Jeevatma and Paramatma.

You know in Punjabi there is a nice word used to describe this sorts of Anti Climax but I can't write it here..LOL

No Hindi equivalent? Knowing Punjabi, it must be a swear word of some sort...

Comparing falling in love and the feeling of love with substance addiction is all very well neurobiologically, but we can choose to abstain/not take drugs. With falling in love (or rising) I don't believe we have a choice. It just happens!

Why with some and not the other, I still dont get though.

No, no there is always a choice. Either you choose to fall in love or you are made to fall in love!

Biswa you are such a smart guy.You are 100% right.Punjabi has the best power packed words to describe situations.

renu,

i dont know if they are really mealymouthed words. but they sure sounds cursingly obscene when heard by tamil ears.

i mean some of the punjabi words. i have a friend hear, who gets almost delirous, a tambram who knows punjabi, and hears my translation of what i hear as punjabi :)

to a talayalam guy like me, half the punjabi words sound obscene - it is not the fault of the language, it is the fault of the listener, who delights in this type of imaginative phonetic translation, to a rather appreciative audience. n'est pas?

for example: one word m*****i means totally different in the two languages, and there are countless more. dont know any other language, where their tamil phonetic sounds obscene or curse word.

please treat this post neutrally. no obscene references meant :)

renu,

i dont know if they are really mealymouthed words. but they sure sounds cursingly obscene when heard by tamil ears.

i mean some of the punjabi words. i have a friend hear, who gets almost delirous, a tambram who knows punjabi, and hears my translation of what i hear as punjabi :)

to a talayalam guy like me, half the punjabi words sound obscene - it is not the fault of the language, it is the fault of the listener, who delights in this type of imaginative phonetic translation, to a rather appreciative audience. n'est pas?

for example: one word m*****i means totally different in the two languages, and there are countless more. dont know any other language, where their tamil phonetic sounds obscene or curse word.

please treat this post neutrally. no obscene references meant :)

Its not the word or the language but the emotions of the person using the words.
Fighting in English is to tasteless..nothing like a good fight spiced with words from the Land of the 5 Rivers.

I like fighting in Tamil too..its gives a real "Kick"

Dear Amala,

hey kamu perasan tak..matahari tak terbit walaupun pasal cinta.

Translation: Have you noticed that the sun doesnt rise even though its about Love here.

hi renu,
i know punjabi....i was in punjab more than 8 yrs....i like punjabi gaaliyaaam....nice to hear...really karnamrtham....dont go with

the meanings....meanings are bad....but the words are sweet....even i speak punjabi fluently with my sikh brothers.....

regards
tbs

hi renu,
i know punjabi....i was in punjab more than 8 yrs....i like punjabi gaaliyaaam....nice to hear...really karnamrtham....dont go with

the meanings....meanings are bad....but the words are sweet....even i speak punjabi fluently with my sikh brothers.....

regards
tbs

dear TBS,

So you can be my Guru now.What do you ask for Guru Dakshina?

your humble sishya
renu

hi renu
thank u so much....ur humbleness is my guru dakhsina,,,,,,,,,,,,,VIDHYAA DADATHI VINYAM....

regards
tbs

Hey Guru,

Isnt it Vidya Dadati Vinayam?

Note: Biswa..Vidya Dadati Vinayam means the knowledege confers humility(we are not talking about Vidya Balan Ok!!!)

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
Dr Seuss

Its not the word or the language but the emotions of the person using the words.
Fighting in English is to tasteless..nothing like a good fight spiced with words from the Land of the 5 Rivers.

I like fighting in Tamil too..its gives a real "Kick"

dear renu,

i beg to disagree with you.

nothing like swear words in tamil . tamil i think is the best language in the wrold, for swearing :)

listening ? i find malayalam any day, sweeter on the ears, good lady.

dear renu,

i beg to disagree with you.

nothing like swear words in tamil . tamil i think is the best language in the wrold, for swearing :)

listening ? i find malayalam any day, sweeter on the ears, good lady.

Dear Kunjs,

I am very Indian at heart..so I like combining all words for a good round of fight.
Tamil,Punjabi,Bengali words combination is a real deadly combination.
You know I used to wonder when I was studying Sanskrit how did people swear in Sanskrit.

Aham Na Jaane???

Love that song.

I have to say to my ears Jaffna Tamil still sounds to like malayalam. So many similar words. Malayalam is extremely frustrating for me to hear. Knowing Tamil, Malayalam sounds like something I know, something so familiar and yet I don't understand much.

I am really sorry to all the Punjabi people in the forum and other Punjabi readers/passing through, but Punjabi for me is the most ugliest Indian language that I have ever heard in my life. It sounds terrible and I literally feel like closing my ears when I hear a stream of Punjabi. Urdu on the other hand is too sweet :)

Punjabi is to India what Cantonese is to Hong Kong/China. When people speak Cantonese it sounds like they are fighting, even when they are not. I will admit that even Andhra Telugu when spoken very fast does sound slightly vulgar. Nothing like Tamil and Hindi/Urdu ;-)

Note: Biswa..Vidya Dadati Vinayam means the knowledege confers humility(we are not talking about Vidya Balan Ok!!!)

I know, even though I do wish Vidya Balan had imparted some of her humility to you! Read the first sentence here: Interview With Vidya Balan : glamsham.com

Mr. Kunjuppu, she also mentions Palghat right away.

OK RK enough the thread hijack! Let's get back on topic. I wouldn't mind knowing more of the neuro-biology of Vidya Balan though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back