• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The best exotic marigold hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

This movie follows a group of British retirees who decide to "outsource" their retirement to less expensive and seemingly exotic India. Enticed by advertisements for the newly restored Marigold Hotel and bolstered with visions of a life of leisure, they arrive to find the palace a shell of its former self. Though the new environment is less luxurious than imagined, they are forever transformed by their shared experiences, discovering that life and love can begin again when you let go of the past.

[video=youtube;UbJssTq5oNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UbJssTq5oNs[/video]

Synopsis
For a disparate group of English pensioners (Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith, Tom Wilkinson, Penelope Wilton, Celia Imrie and Ronald Pickup), retirement takes an unconventional turn when they abandon their homeland, enticed by advertisements for THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL, a seemingly luxurious sanctuary for “the elderly and beautiful” in Jaipur, India. On arrival, they discover that the hotel falls somewhat short of the romantic idyll promised in the brochure, but they are gradually won over by the ever-optimistic young manager Sonny (Dev Patel), and tentatively embark on a new adventure, finding that life can begin again when you let go of the past.

It is a wonderful movie, made with love of the subject. For once PIO's did not have to be ashamed of the portrail.
For senior citizen PIO's is more enjoyable as we can relate to it.

I haven't heard of this movie. It must be a redeeming one along the lines of Slumdog Millionaire. To boot Dev Patel the same actor from the slumdog movie is acting here too. I have to see it, if not in the theater at least in a DVD.

I haven't heard of this movie. It must be a redeeming one along the lines of Slumdog Millionaire. To boot Dev Patel the same actor from the slumdog movie is acting here too. I have to see it, if not in the theater at least in a DVD.

I think it is better than slumdog.

Dear Prasadji

Recommended by you, then it must damn good. Will note as a 'must see' and rvert
after viewing .

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed watching the movie with an all star cast.

Here are various reviews and comments:
It is a story of retired people from England and going and staying
in a hotel in India (Japipur)

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011) - IMDb

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - Rotten Tomatoes

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Review: 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' - San Antonio Express-News

ny times review
?The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,? With Judi Dench - NYTimes.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads