• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The affluent Patel clan owns a quarter of US motels. In India, it wants to be called

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be the TB community should join this group.

Why should TB group join this group??

The poster is in U.S.,

The other Jalra is at Delhi.

And the one more member who has joined this Brigade is at Trivandrum.

What is the interest these members have over the TB community which has more than 40 lakh population in Tamil Nadu??

Do these members have any idea as to the initiative taken by the TB community seeking reservation?

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]IMO these members have absolutely no idea about the prevailing grossly perverted andfraud ridden quota based reservation system. [/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oru Tamizh nattu brahmana uttama puthrar ellorukkum reservation vaangi tharuvar.

Naam ellorum avarai poojithu pin parruvom

இவருக்கு எதையும் தானாக போராடி வாங்க தெரியாது போலும்

அடுத்தவர் வாங்கி கொடுத்தால் நன்றாக சவாரி செய்தே பழகியவர்போலும்

இப்படியாப்பட்ட .................களை . என்ன வென்று அழைப்பீர்கள் ????

The thread is about affluent ‘Patel who owns a quarter of US motels’.

Why drag the TB community here unnecessarily?

Does this brigade has any justifiable answer for this act of derailing the thread.

If one goes through the Postings No.24, 25 and 26 that may remind them of the story of ' Blind men and an element'.

One needs to be sympathetic towards such blinds

The poster is in U.S.,

What is the interest these members have over the TB community which has more than 40 lakh population in Tamil Nadu??

Do these members have any idea as to the initiative taken by the TB community seeking reservation?

IMO these members have absolutely no idea about the prevailing grossly perverted andfraud ridden quota based reservation system.

"And the one more member who has joined this Brigade is at Trivandrum."

Sir,

The above sentence, citing Trivandrum, seems to be hinting at myself. I was not aware that you visualize people in groups and not as individuals per se.

Let me make it clear that no group in India at least, will admit brahmins into their fold unless it is some of the groups from castes who added brahmana to their caste names one or two hundred years ago, in their attempt to move up in our caste-ridden social ladder. Every caste practically views brahmins as the villains when it comes to the question of reservations. Of course, they may be thanking the brahmins for having granted them the goose that lays the golden egg, viz., reservation system!

The poster is in U.S.,

IMO these members have absolutely no idea about the prevailing grossly perverted andfraud ridden quota based reservation system.

If you are the typical TB, no wonder the younger generation is running away. You sir are past your prime and have no idea of the difficulty TB kids have in getting collage admission or jobs. Most of the jobs are reserved (almost 70%), and TB have to compete in the 30 % category. Talk to younger people in this site like Praveenji or Vgeneji you will realize that cast reservation has marginalized TB kids.
You might be sitting in the Forrest and can not see beyond your immediate surrounding. May be you are too limited in your outlook, or too narrow in your thinking.
Please do not insult the members here in this site. Just because one is not in TN does not mean that they do not know the ground reality. On the contrary we get inputs from friends and relatives living in TN. We also see an overhead view. We also are broad minded to empathize with people of TN.
So before you start sprouting ignorance, please keep your views to yourself, or get educated.

See earlier posts in this thread
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=26854&p=314620#post314620

Last edited:
"And the one more member who has joined this Brigade is at Trivandrum."

Sir,

The above sentence, citing Trivandrum, seems to be hinting at myself. I was not aware that you visualize people in groups and not as individuals per se.

Let me make it clear that no group in India at least, will admit brahmins into their fold unless it is some of the groups from castes who added brahmana to their caste names one or two hundred years ago, in their attempt to move up in our caste-ridden social ladder. Every caste practically views brahmins as the villains when it comes to the question of reservations. Of course, they may be thanking the brahmins for having granted them the goose that lays the golden egg, viz., reservation system!

Sangom Ji,

Why do you expect other groups in India to admit brahmins into their fold?

What is the need for such an amalgamation?

Whose idea anyway is it?

Why sacrifice our own individual identity?

We have been fighting for reservation for a long time. We need encouragement and not comments criticing the community as a whole.

Others are doing it? Do we have to do it to ourselves?

We have a Brahmin Chief Minister in Tamil Nadu. And politics plays the villain role here.

You are a senior Member and I have great regards for you.
:)

If you are the typical TB, no wonder the younger generation is running away. You sir are past your prime and have no idea of the difficulty TB kids have in getting collage admission or jobs. Most of the jobs are reserved (almost 70%), and TB have to compete in the 30 % category. Talk to younger people in this site like Praveenji or Vgeneji you will realize that cast reservation has marginalized TB kids.
You might be sitting in the Forrest and can not see beyond your immediate surrounding. May be you are too limited in your outlook, or too narrow in your thinking.
Please do not insult the members here in this site. Just because one is not in TN does not mean that they do not know the ground reality. On the contrary we get inputs from friends and relatives living in TN. We also see an overhead view. We also are broad minded to empathize with people of TN.
So before you start sprouting ignorance, please keep your views to yourself, or get educated.

See earlier posts in this thread
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=26854&p=314620#post314620

I have absolutely no intention of insulting anyone. Dragging our community unnecessarily and commenting adversely is not in good taste.

If you comment me as a typical Brahmin, it takes no time for me to give you a more fitting reply. But I am not here for that.

We have been reading your postings and have learnt from you using lot of harsh words against others. You want me to use them all against you now causing more damage?

Just go through this following news item which took place way back in 1995

"Silent no more

Tamil Nadu Brahmins on hunger strike, demands quota

The ******* claims Brahmins form 6 per cent of the state's population today, though some sociologists say the figure is only 3 per cent.

But now, with increasing rifts within the backward castes, the anti-Brahmin ideology of the '50s has become diluted. And Brahmins in the state feel much better placed to air their grievances. A reason cited by many for this outspokenness is the fact that Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha is also a Brahmin.

But Balasubramanian denies this, pointing out that despite the Brahmins' support of the AIADMK from MGR's time, the present chief minister has done nothing whatsoever for the community. "The Nadars came up when Kamaraj was chief minister as did the Isai Vellalars during Karunanidhi's time. But we have not even been able to meet Jayalalitha once she became chief minister," he laments.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/tamil-nadu-brahmins-on-hunger-strike-demands-quota/1/290055.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this has happened in 2011. .

Reservation for forward community in educational institutions, jobs sought

The Vellore Brahmins Association, affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Brahmins Association (*******), has appealed to the Tamil Nadu government to reserve 10 per cent of the seats in educational institutions and jobs to members of the forward community (FC).

A resolution was adopted at a meeting of the association held here recently in connection with the release of the association calendar and distribution of prizes to Standard X and XII district toppers.

Through another resolution, the association requested the Union government to reserve 20 per cent of the seats in Central government educational institutions and Central government jobs to members of the FC. It also appealed to the State government to entrust the maintenance of the Hindu temples in Tamil Nadu to an independent board to be constituted. It pleaded for adequate representation to Brahmins in the Tamil Nadu Legislative Council to be formed shortly.
‘Delhi' Ganesh, film actor, distributed prizes to Standard X and XII district toppers. S. Narayanan, State president, *******, released the calendar of the Vellore Brahmin Association. Mr. Ganesh received the first copy. K. Raja, general secretary, Vellore Brahmin Association, read out the annual report. K.S. Balasubramaniam, president of the association, welcomed the gathering. M.R. Venkatraman, Vellore district president of *******, and C.V. Seethapathi, adviser, spoke.

Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...l-institutions-jobs-sought/article1024917.ece
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Why shouldn't Brahmin community get reservation?'

S
attanathapuram Venkataraman Shekher is a popular playwright, producer and director in the Tamil film industry. He is also the sitting All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam member of the legislative assembly from Mylapore, Chennai.
Popularly known as S Ve Shekher, he shares his mobile number with all the residents of his constituency and is always accessible to them.

He recently created a flutter when he announced his decision to resign from the AIADMK. He also submitted a memorandum to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi on March 30, asking for seven per cent reservation for the Brahmin community.

Why do you feel Brahmins need reservation in Tamil Nadu?

Why should they not get reservation? In Tamil Nadu, 69 per cent of the people get reservation and ninety five per cent of people enjoy some kind of reservation except the forward community. Where is social justice? There are over 40 lakh Brahmins in Tamil Nadu. It is the government's duty to give equal opportunities to everyone. Brahmins have been eliminated, insulted and sidelined in so many ways. You cannot punish people for what happened over 50-60 years ago.

Read more at: http://election.rediff.com/interview/2009/mar/31/inter-why-should-not-brahmins-get-reservation.htm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there are lot of activities going on to fight for our demand to get reservation which were not reported in the media. It is a long drawn process involving policy of Government.

One cannot suddenly jump into conclusion without actually knowing what is happening at Tamil Nadu.

Everyone has their own style and strategy of fighting for their rights.

Anna Hazare is fighting against corruption by sitting on fast.

Godse was a Brahmin and Vanchenathan was also a Brahmin.

Let us not forget the history.

I personally think that we will not get justice under JJ...She does not want to disturb the apple cart..She does not want to be seen as a distributor of largesse to Brahmins...That is because of the presence of the grand old wild fox ..We may have to wait for may be another 100 years at this rate till all of us have migrated out of TN & then we will not have any need for reservations

Interesting changes are taking place in the country.

In Bihar Upper caste have tied up with dalits ,mahadalits, extreme backwards in bjp led alliance to fight Backwards castes of JDu mostly kurmis and RJD mostly yadav and

congress in assembly elections .Though basically a caste fight, the youngs -an aspirational class is getting more attracted by development promises more than caste

That is the future . BJP wins ,it might be the end of mandal politics and a similar thing may get repeated in UP elections. If Nitish wins It will be a big setback for

modi.

Brahmins on their own cannot do much in tamilnadu unless they align with appropriate castes in tamuilnadu . BJP is likely to try for such combinations in tamilnadu .

BJP has a sizeable number of RSS activists belonging to upper castes . who believe in varna superiority. It is perhaps the best option for brahmins anywhere.

Young brahmins do not really care so much for caste. Whoever can fulfill their aspirations for higher education and jobs , they will opt for them

Brahmins on their own cannot do much in tamilnadu

Brahmins on their on can always do wonders in Tamil Nadu provided the TBs spread around the globe should come closure with a tendency of unity, encourage and support by all means instead of passing adverse comments.

While constructive criticism is welcome, humiliation and belittling the community on the whole cannot be tolerated.

It may be a passing time for few, but should stick to the lakshman rekha.

This community has to prove its dominance in economy, social and political.

It makes no earthly difference who encourages or discourages.

If sikhs from punjab can buy land in remote corner of ramanathapuram and do well , other communities can very well do that.

People will do well if they have the will to do that.

Hitting out at others do not resolve the basic issues.

It is a well known that brahmins anywhere are not known for unity of purpose and concerted ground actions for bettering their lot.

Besides they are not good at mass actions on any issue due to lackof unity. They are known for their intellectual prowess and weak muscle power.

They have isolated themselves from all other communities and got marginalised .

If one looks for insult and humiliation , one can find them in even in innocent post.

To accuse all tamil brahmins in all corners of the world for their plight in one state of india is not wisdom.To engage in verbal duels does not resolve the basic issues

facing the community.

Sangom Ji,

Why do you expect other groups in India to admit brahmins into their fold?

What is the need for such an amalgamation?

Whose idea anyway is it?

Why sacrifice our own individual identity?

We have been fighting for reservation for a long time. We need encouragement and not comments criticing the community as a whole.

Others are doing it? Do we have to do it to ourselves?

We have a Brahmin Chief Minister in Tamil Nadu. And politics plays the villain role here.

You are a senior Member and I have great regards for you.
:)

Shri Balasubramani,

The question (of Patels admitting brahmins into their group or brahmins joining the Hardik Patel group) came in because of a suggestion by somebody in an earlier post.

"Joining another group" need not necessarily mean 'amalgamation'; it can be a joint effort, you see.

I don't know whether brahmins in TN "have been fighting for reservation for a long time" but I have not been aware of it at all. If our attitude is "touch me not" like, then it is not possible for us to 'fight' for anything. I have not criticized the community but have only written the reality in this country, viz., that brahmins are viewed as the main architects of the caste system and hence they are still looked upon as the villains as regards the reservation system. If we cannot take even such well-meaning comments in the right spirit, it only goes to further prove that essentially we are hothouse palnts.

Those who are successful politicians will never do anything which will jeopardize their position and vote-catching ability. So, even if the TN CM is a brahmin, we should not at all expect any support from her. The best option for us is to demand reservation based on economic criteria, and for this, the Patel front is likely to be a good supporter, provided we move along with them and find out their mind.

Patels are prepared even to reach out to Kammas in AP and other places as they consider them as one of their own.

Gujjars and kurmis are also similar groups.We brahmins can easily tie up with groups who can use our talents and give us political space by reaching out.

Brahmins in UP have joined Mayawathi s party in large numbers. Many are in BJP.We can easily join BJP at individual level and hope for a good deal .Nirmala

sitaraman has given a lead and become a minister at the centre. There are always oppurtunties. Two brahmins from IMF have got positions in delhi one in finance ministry

and other in RBI . Both did not complain of discrimination

At a personal level I have done well for myself using the good things that tamilnadu has to offer.

I found the cheap good medical care excellent. There was no quota issue there .

I found it a good educational hub . I could circumvent the quota clauses there utilising zonal quota not restricting brahmins to educate my children

I could buy excellent housing at moderate prices .

I could enjoy the brahmin culture in music and dance in music festivals.

I found it an excellent tourist hub for temple tourism.

Many tamil brahmins are doing exceedingly well in tamilnadu itself.

Only a few feel this sense of alienation due to reservation policy.

My feeling is if one reaches out to people ,irrespective of caste one can get a lot of goodwill.

I thought nothing negative about employing non brahmins as my cook during my stay in tamilnadu. They could give me what I wanted.

Discrimination and feeling small and alienated is a mindset.

It is best to get over and acting normal . Everyone is not out to get us ,They have their own concerns and aspirations to think of working against us deliberately at individual level

As a tamil brahmin , I am able to get whatever I want from tamilnadu only by reaching out to all without discriminating and feeling I am different or feeling of

superiority or inferiority.

At a personal level being a brahmin in tamilnadu has not made a difference to me in any way .

Last edited:
My feeling is if one reaches out to people ,irrespective of caste one can get a lot of goodwill.

This is what TBs of Tamil Nadu are currently practicing including our Chief Minister.

Only thing is we don't preach.

Shri Balasubramani,

The question (of Patels admitting brahmins into their group or brahmins joining the Hardik Patel group) came in because of a suggestion by somebody in an earlier post.

"Joining another group" need not necessarily mean 'amalgamation'; it can be a joint effort, you see.

I don't know whether brahmins in TN "have been fighting for reservation for a long time" but I have not been aware of it at all. If our attitude is "touch me not" like, then it is not possible for us to 'fight' for anything. I have not criticized the community but have only written the reality in this country, viz., that brahmins are viewed as the main architects of the caste system and hence they are still looked upon as the villains as regards the reservation system. If we cannot take even such well-meaning comments in the right spirit, it only goes to further prove that essentially we are hothouse palnts.

Those who are successful politicians will never do anything which will jeopardize their position and vote-catching ability. So, even if the TN CM is a brahmin, we should not at all expect any support from her. The best option for us is to demand reservation based on economic criteria, and for this, the Patel front is likely to be a good supporter, provided we move along with them and find out their mind.

Sangom Ji,

Now let me ask you one question.

What is the guarantee that this Patel group will accomplish its goal?

And just read in another news paper which has raised the following questions:

Does caste discrimination still exist?

Is reservation justified?

How is the reservations regime working on the ground?

Why is it that reservation - which is restricted to government jobs and educational institutions - such a big bone of contention?

Who is benefiting?

Are there real or perceived losers?

Are they resentful?

How do those young people who are within the reserved categories see the system?

Is any review or rethink possible at all?

Will it last forever or will there be a sunset clause?

Hardik patel was demanding for inclusion of Patels into the OBC category hitherto.

But, now he seems to have changed his demand. And his present demand is "Remove reservations for everyone. But if, because of politics, you cannot do it, give everyone reservations. Free all, or enslave all of India." He later added that reservations should be on economic basis.

Why this sudden change in his stand?

There is a split in patel ranks. One group wants to move slower on agitations and expanding its scope.

There is a lot of blow hot and blow cold.

The agitation is spiralling out of control of its leaders. Hence attempts to cap it.

They have changed their stand I mean demand and now there is a split.

What next?

They will regroup and come back.

Demands do not just go away.

If there are grievances ,they need to be addressed.

Even OROP there is a split.

One group wants to agitate further and another has backed out.

this happens in all movements.

They have changed their stand I mean demand and now there is a split.

What next?

Patels are a decisive factor electorally not only in Gujarat but in some other states too. They have demonstrated their numerical strength and will now better wait and watch. In the meantime other political parties may be holding secret consultations with the leaders, I think, promising this or that.

QUOTE=krish44;316718]

They will regroup and come back.

Demands do not just go away.

.[/QUOTE]

Granting OBC status is not the prerogative of the executive.

And it is reported that the members of OBC (Other Backward Communities) too are now preparing to put up a strong resistance.

Besides, one cannot forget the Order of Supreme Court bench in March this year striking down the UPA Govt's decision to grant OBC status to the Jats.

News published on August 19[SUP]th[/SUP]. Brahmins of Gujarat have committed to extend their support to the proposed mega rally by the Patels demanding OBC status to be held on 25[SUP]th[/SUP].

This news speaks volume.

Excerpts

Brahmins in Gujarat demand reservation for poor community members

• 367107-gujarat.jpg

• The community members have also threatened to launch a statewide agitation if their demands are not met. File Photo
  • ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After holding meeting with the representatives of 400 sub-castes of the community, the All Gujarat Brahm Samaj has prepared an agenda of their demands, which includes reservation to economically weaker members. Their other demands include setting up of a board to look after economically weaker Brahmins, reservation to Brahmin students in education sector among others.

After Patel community, Brahmins in Gujarat have mounted pressure on state government by seeking reservation in education and jobs for their economically weaker members.

The community members have also threatened to launch a statewide agitation if their demands are not met. After holding meeting with the representatives of 400 sub-castes of the community, the All Gujarat Brahm Samaj has prepared an agenda of their demands, which includes reservation to economically weaker members. Their other demands include setting up of a board to look after economically weaker Brahmins, reservation to Brahmin students in education sector among others,.

Joshi also extended support to Patel community, which has been aggressively holding rallies demanding reservation and prompted other communities, such as Brahmins and Kshatriyas, to do so. "We extend our support to the mega rally of Patels, proposed to be organised at Riverfront here on August 25. People from our community from across the state would join them (Patels) at the rally," he added.

Read more at: http://www.dnaindia.com/ahmedabad/r...eservation-for-poor-community-members-2116063

So, going by this report it is not known as to how many Brahmins participated in the mega rally.

This reservation drama will take a different turn most likely after bihar elctions.

If BJP ,mahdalt,dali ,kushwaha combination gets a majority over Nitish,lalu,congress dispensation , it will be the end of mandal and BC ,obc politics.

The gains will get extended to UP also for BJP. Backward class reservations will have be reconsidered in the light of all sections demanding a portion of reservation pie.

Youth are aspirational and voting for development slogans of Modi cutting across caste. This might happen in tamilnadu also .Bjp might tie up with most back ward

caste, PMK .DMDK.dalit parties to take on the BCs. dravidian parties will find it difficult to face the challenge. It would be best if brahmins can consolidate and tie up

with Bjp or directly join BJP. They would definitely gain. It is a brahmin friendly party.

This reservation drama will take a different turn most likely after bihar elctions.

If BJP ,mahdalt,dali ,kushwaha combination gets a majority over Nitish,lalu,congress dispensation , it will be the end of mandal and BC ,obc politics.

The gains will get extended to UP also for BJP. Backward class reservations will have be reconsidered in the light of all sections demanding a portion of reservation pie.

Youth are aspirational and voting for development slogans of Modi cutting across caste. This might happen in tamilnadu also .Bjp might tie up with most back ward

caste, PMK .DMDK.dalit parties to take on the BCs. dravidian parties will find it difficult to face the challenge. It would be best if brahmins can consolidate and tie up

with Bjp or directly join BJP. They would definitely gain. It is a brahmin friendly party.

I feel we tend to read the minds of the youth or the genxt as though we are know-it-alls. Outwardly, most of them are "aspirational", want to live as if they are in the US or UK, but I can't say what is inside their minds. The very limited interaction which I have had with some of the young people of all castes, tells me that ideas like caste, their comparative social status etc., are grasped by these youngsters very clearly.

Secondly even if BJP combine wins Bihar with a decisive majority, it will not at all mean end of Mandal politics; we may be only seeing what we want to see, if we think Mandal/OBC/BC politics will come to an end. By the same token TN politics will also not get rid of the Dravidian tinge, imo. Only the future can tell what will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back