• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thanks to TB- Meeting with DrSundaram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meeting and chatting with DrSundaram

DrSundaram, a well-known personality, in this forum, already called me several times. He came to chennai for a very short visit from Bangalore. In that busy schedule, he spent some time for me and we met each other in a park in velachery on last wednesday. Oh now words to explain his kindness. He treated me like his own son and we had a nice chat and discussed many things. Sundaram uncle also said that he spoke with Ramani uncle and Soundarrajan uncle. He also enquired about Akura uncle. But I dont know whether he returned to Chennai.

Thanks a lot to TB for providing me such nice persons to share and enlighten me in the right way...

THINK KUNJUPPU SIR WILL BE HAPPY ON HEARING THIS.

Pranams

Oh, you should have told us... we would have loved to meet up :)

Oh well, another time :)

But glad your meeting was a good one :)

Thank you

Sri Durgadaasan, What is this? I am a very ordinary, small, simple person.Why such publicilty?.Can a meeting between two of this forum be highlighted like this in this forum.Though I like reading of what you have posted there are plently of great knowledgable members who really has stuff [Ex:;Your good self] about whom what should one write. Feeling romba வெட்கம். நிஜமா!!! தெரியுமா ஸ்ரீ துர்கா.
Not to be concerned; I will take up your horoscope matter wanting a bride soon.
To all Ladies and Gentle men of ths forum. Our great member Sri Durga is for marriage. If any one is interested please mail to me: I will send his horoscope and specs of the girl he wants. If I were a girl to be married I would have offered him myself.
Very kind of you all and thanks

Dr.sundaram ji.....

Durga's father has phoned me up for his alliance.....
I have told them to attend the swayamvaram, where his marriage shall be fixed..
hahahahahaha...

Durga... get ready for the show....hahahhhahhahhahahaa

Mr. praveen is set ready.....hahahahahha lol... (sorry praveen.. just kidding)

Thanks all...
Sri Swaminatha sharma, thanks for reminding.
Sri Durga, I think I had mentioned about this swayamvaram. Pl work out with this chance. It is the best opportunity which our dear members are managing . Hope you will come out of your best selection and inform me/us of the good news soon with sweets. Let SriDurga Devi bless you.

I personally request all the Chennai based members to be present at Sanskrit college on 22nd November 2009 during the event between 9 AM to 4 PM. Apart from helping the participants during the program, we can all meet and discuss common problems facing our community.

Dr.Sundaram ji - If possible, please make it to the program. I know you have to come all the way from Bangalore but your presence will give lot of morale to us. Probably we can repeat the program at other cities including Bangalore at a later date.

We shall try our level best to see that our eligible bachelors are entering Grahastasramam.:clap2:

All the best

I personally request all the Chennai based members to be present at Sanskrit college on 22nd November 2009 during the event between 9 AM to 4 PM. Apart from helping the participants during the program, we can all meet and discuss common problems facing our community.

Dr.Sundaram ji - If possible, please make it to the program. I know you have to come all the way from Bangalore but your presence will give lot of morale to us. Probably we can repeat the program at other cities including Bangalore at a later date.

We shall try our level best to see that our eligible bachelors are entering Grahastasramam.:clap2:

All the best
Sri Venkataramani, I am touched by your posting. I love to be there see, talk and discuss with all. Let me see Sir. If I am unable to make it up, while excusing me, I suggest, if possible , to take snaps and other proceedings in visuals so that we can send to people in Bangalore or in any other places before hand before organising similar set up. You may be already planning in that way but still...........
Will there be any press coverage of the occassion?
Kind regards

Good idea Shri Venkataramani.It is nice to have such get to gethers at places like Bangalore,Coimbatore,Madurai,Trichy etc.Prompted by the success of Durgadasan-Sundaram Meet it will promote togetherness of TB Community spread over these towns and nearby.

I am going to miss this wonderful opportunity..

I love to meet all the members of TB and interact personally.

I feel Virtual gathering would just be a medium of interaction. But the actual one that gives immense pleasure and satisfaction would be the Physical gathering.

Meeting all the members together, that too in an auspicious occasion of Swayamwaram would have its own charm...

Cheers...

RAVI

Sri Venkataramani, I am touched by your posting. I love to be there see, talk and discuss with all. Let me see Sir. If I am unable to make it up, while excusing me, I suggest, if possible , to take snaps and other proceedings in visuals so that we can send to people in Bangalore or in any other places before hand before organising similar set up. You may be already planning in that way but still...........
Will there be any press coverage of the occassion?
Kind regards

Sri Sundaram ji,

We don't want to give too much publicity in the press since you know very well under which circumstances our community is placed in
Tamilnadu.

However Sri G Soundararajan is doing a wonderful job in press coverage. Even though he has written modestly that he is also associated in small way, I would like to place on record that his contribution from day one is excellent and he is very very actively involved with the whole event.

We are making the event self financing without any profit motive and just to cover the costs, we are charging Rs.100. Sri Swaminatha Sharma, Sri G.Soundararajan and myself discussed whether to make the event totally free but we finally decided that charging just Rs.100 will make the participants more series.

We will not be taking any video but we will take some photo snaps and post it in this forum

Any constructive suggestions are welcome

All the best

Good idea Shri Venkataramani.It is nice to have such get to gethers at places like Bangalore,Coimbatore,Madurai,Trichy etc.Prompted by the success of Durgadasan-Sundaram Meet it will promote togetherness of TB Community spread over these towns and nearby.

Thanks Sri Sabesan Narayanaswami ji,

The event is going to be a big success based on the responses we are getting and will definitely repeat it at other cities. Since you are placed in Bangalore, you have to be actively involved for organising the event at Bangalore.

We shall keep you informed of the developments and I once again request you to actively get involved for development of our community.

All the best

I am going to miss this wonderful opportunity..

I love to meet all the members of TB and interact personally.

I feel Virtual gathering would just be a medium of interaction. But the actual one that gives immense pleasure and satisfaction would be the Physical gathering.

Meeting all the members together, that too in an auspicious occasion of Swayamwaram would have its own charm...

Cheers...

RAVI

Thanks Sri C Ravi ji,

If possible please request your parents or close relatives to attend the function. Participation of as many members as possible will take our effort forward.

All the best

Thanks Sri C Ravi ji,

If possible please request your parents or close relatives to attend the function. Participation of as many members as possible will take our effort forward.

All the best

Sri Venkataramani ji,

For sure my parents would be attending this Swayammvaram. They are very happy to note such a good event that would bring close many Brahmin families to each other.

My parents have passed on this important piece of information to all the relatives, friends and neighbors.

Cheers..
RAVI

Last edited:
Might be you dont know the importance of this meeting uncle. I just want to share the happy moments with all our forum members. I accept that every member of this forum is aa knowledgable person. I want to meet all and gather some stuffs from them. So, you are the first in the list. It is my righteous duty to share this meeting. The person who attained the real help should thank for the giver. In this meeting, I learnt a lot from you and so, I thank this forum. Praveen is my good friend and hence, I wont thank him. Instead I thank the forum. Whats wrong in this...

Yes praveen, we should really take this matter. Let these elders finish their jobs on November 22. Then we will sure arrange for a meeting between us... Why not just a cup of coffee with all sharing a lot of things with all forum members???

We will discuss with all and surely make it possible... Am eagerly waiting to meet all... I really missed out the oppurtunity of meeting ramani uncle and soundarrajan uncle. Let we create another oppurtunity and meet all.

TAKE THIS ISSUE SERIOUS PRAVEEN...

Pranams

Last edited:
Might be you dont know the importance of this meeting uncle. I just want to share the happy moments with all our forum members. Yes praveen, we should really take this matter. Let these elders finish their jobs on november 22. Then we will sure arrange for a meeting between us... Why not just a cup of coffee with all sharing a lot of things with all forum members???

We will discuss with all and surely make it possible... Am eagerly waiting to meet all... I really missed out the oppurtunity of meeting ramani uncle and soundarrajan uncle. Let we create another oppurtunity and meet all.

Pranams

Durga,

Definitely we will organise with some snacks and coffee/tea. We would like to listen to youngsters like you.

Please make it positively right at the start of the program itself. We will try our level best to fix a suitable girl for you also :clap2:

All the best

Ramani uncle...

Am saying an exclusive program just our meeting only... Not clubbing with this. You people have great jobs their at that time. So, will meet leisurely on other day. We have to plan... I call upon all the youngsters to organise a meeting soon and will inform all the others. Like the elders (the most responsible persons) who organised a pakka meeting for a cause, we will also orgaanise a meet within us and show our talents... Am ready for compering that whole event.

Praveen... thinking of you only am taking these decisions... Heai folks everyone share your views regarding a meeting between us.

Pranams

Durga,

Let us all assemble there on that day as it is our joint program. If you want to have a separate meeting, that can also be managed on that day itself.

We all should work as volunteers on that day for the program. Please come

After 4 pm, when the program is over, we can have our meetings separately

All the best

Dear Mr.Durga,

Do you have any plans to focus on some activities during the meet? Or just to have a casual get together?

Cheers...

RAVI

What is your opinion Ravi???. If a casual meet, it has its own pros and cons. We can chat a lot and move with everyone. With some events focussed, we can entertain others at the same time, we cannot talk much as this will disturb the entertainers as well as others.

Let we see...

Dear Ramani uncle,
Am very sorry for my absence in that function, as going out of station regarding my thesis work. Anyhow my parents will come. They shared the same info to many of our relaatives also.

So only am very particular in a separate meeting...:pound:

Whether married life will be like this??? The laugh of sharma ji, Kunjuppu sir and sundaram uncle are telling something indirectly... Whats that??? Are u people giving us some alerts??

Pranams

Thanks Sri Sabesan Narayanaswami ji,

The event is going to be a big success based on the responses we are getting and will definitely repeat it at other cities. Since you are placed in Bangalore, you have to be actively involved for organising the event at Bangalore.

We shall keep you informed of the developments and I once again request you to actively get involved for development of our community.

All the best

We WILL (I include Dr Sundaram also in this we).

I would love to meet up with all those in chennai :) it would be great :)

I will be in the event (not sure if i can be there the full day), but i will be there.

We can def meet after it is over. There are quite a few good coffee shops around where we can sit down and talk :)

Durga,

Let me tell you clearly....

I could very well sense your objective of the meeting in the first instance itself..

I just want to know that whether this casual gathering you need to be somewhat special and interesting among we youngsters????

This social gathering between ANY Brahmin girls and boys would really be helpful to befriend each other and develop good rapport among each other. This would help in sharing knowledge and gaining confidence among the community.

I feel if we plan the gathering in a different style, than that would be much interesting.

I would like to express my plans as I wish. Just consider them as some of the suggestions that we are expecting from all young members.

1) All the boys should come in Veshti, Chattai

2) All the girls should come in “Paavaadai Daavani” OR “Chudidar) as they wish.

3) Boys should come to the venue 1 hour before and make some arrangements that may require. Boys entry time should be strictly restricted.

4) A tray full of "ARAI MOZHAM POO" & "KOZHAICHA CHANDANAM" should be kept on a table some where near the entrance.
- Girls entering the venue can take "ARAI MOZHAM POO" and "CHANDANAM" (for their "NETHTHI") on their own.
- This is to show how we Brahmin guys respect our girls and honor them. As well to prove that we consider our girls divine and a cause of auspiciousness.

5) The event need to be planed sufficiently in advance. We can interact with fellow members and get to know if any of us have any inborn talent to exhibit our self and can feel comfortable performing them during the gathering.

A) You (Chiranjeevi Durga) as a initiator of the event need to hold a mike and announce the preceding one by one.

B) A short self introduction by group of Boys 1 by 1 followed by Girls

C) A performer should casually perform as per his talent

- Some may have the talent of wring their own small poems. The poems can be spiritual, romantic, patriotic OR Even dedicated to our Esteemed Elderly members OR even just praising the grate www.tamilbrahmins.com

They can perform one by one

- Some may have the talent of performing Stand-Up Comedy. Let them all perform 1 by 1

- Some of them may be good singers (Need not to be a professional). Let them all perform 1 by 1

So the sequence of the programs can be planed in advance and the performers can be presented with a small momento by a pre-determined Girl(s).

6) The boys and girls can then mingle with each other randomly holding a plate with - 1 Samosa, 1 Puff, some mixtures and a piece of Sweet. Can have a cup of Tea/Coffee.

7) The event can then be concluded by expressing their views on the program one by one. Who ever wishes to do so.

This ways I believe the gathering would be fantabulous. It would be cheerful, eventful and would give some sort of satisfaction to every one.

The program would be a casual entertainment among all of us (and just for us) without any feel of formal presentation in front of group of audience.

Let us all keep the fingers crossed and hope for a best possible casual event that would be ever lasting in our memories...

Cheers...

RAVI

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back