• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thanks to Tamil Brahmins Forum - The Gotram Dilemma Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
This incident happened a few weeks ago when my cousin had a unique request in her inbox.

A Gentleman, we guess a senior citizen, wanted to know which variation among the sankriti gothram my cousin belonged to.

This put us into a dilemma. We never knew about those details.

That is when one of our brahmin friends, mailed us the Gothra Pattika, which she said, she downloaded from this tam bram forum.

We did a ctrl + f and typed Sankruthi

Lo ! we found it and checked with her father. He recalled the abhivadhayae and said they belonged to the saathya..sankruthya...line.

We conveyed to the Gentleman and he was thankful since the profile he looked up was of the same clan.

So, if we had proceeded, it would have been a brother-sister match. So, that embarassment was avoided.

Thanks to Tam Brahm forum for such a CRITICAL data sheet.

I REQUEST ALL BRAHMINS TO DOWNLOAD THAT FROM THIS FORUM and use to check the lineage.

But out of excitement and curiosity, when we checked various lines, we found for badarayana, you need to type as padarayana, i guess. the BA is put as a PA... pa and ba being used in each other's place in Tamil, i guess.

But by and large, you have all gothras and lineage listed in this data sheet ( gothra pattika ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back