• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A sincere heartfelt thanks to Tamil Brahmins forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For nearly four years I am a member of this forum and we have come across very many different shades of opinions/views, some not so flattering - especially when viewed in the backdrop of the universality of knowledge, capacity to understand, rebut or accept contrarian points of view on religion, scriptures, philosophies etc., which Brahmins have been reputed to be having. We had very ardent Shri Vaishnavite-turned- atheist, agnostics (like myself), very religious people and so on. There have been very strong dissensions and even flare-ups on different topics but all these were finally settled within the 'four walls' of this Forum.

But today seemed different in that some kind of jihadist pretensions were introduced, perhaps for the first time, into the discussions in this Forum. Luckily, Shri Praveen has intervened in time and settled the outburst, once again, within the 'four walls' of this forum.

On this occasion, I wish to thank Shri Praveen and Shri auh (for his posts shown below), and also others like Shri Vaagmi, Smt. Renuka, etc., who all stood up against the extremist outburst and its unpredictable consequences.

Shri auh's posts:

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/genera...tricting-freedom-expression-5.html#post267333

Folks - young and old, I was appalled at the outburst of personal invectives thrown at Shri sangom in the thread about karma, which I got to read only now. And then, this thread; in that backdrop.

PJ sir, this thread has actually extremist undertones, and laws are being brought in, out of context. Everyone is free to air their views in this website , which , incidentally, should you be unaware of, is open to all view; even the diverging ones. People should exercise restraint in choosing threads if they are emotionally unstable. After all, we are responsible adults?

There was a heated discussion, sometime before, on whether or not to start a new section for controversial views and discussions, and Praveen solicited the views of members. Ultimately it was decided to let things be. Please don't beat up dust into others' eyes simply because you stand at one end of a perceived spectrum.

Please think over.

Regards,

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/genera...tricting-freedom-expression-5.html#post267341

Namaste, quieting Shri pj was not my intention;I was merely pointing out a line of reasoning.

Shri Sangom did not apologize for his views but for the oversight that made him post it under the sub section "religion". Pl ask the moderator to move that thread to general discussions where it rightly belongs, imo.

I am particularly grateful to Shri auh for bringing up my point of view ever so clearly in the second post.

I wish to remind all our members that on an earlier occasion, another very senior member broke away from this forum and started his own new forum and there was an invitation to me also to join that new forum. But I found that it was a mere Mutual Admiration Society dishing out, ad nauseum, topics which would possibly make even a hard core vaideekan to vomit out of sheer boredom! I don't know whether it exists now but a couple of our members were contributing there also.

My request to one and all of you is to look at this forum as a place for exchange of newer ideas and perspectives, instead of seeking to find endorsement of your own religious views, philosophy, belief system, the pantheon you worship etc., with a view to lessening your own deep- lingering doubts in these matters. Let us be prepared to accept that this world is full of different kinds of people. It is not possible to convert every one to our viewpoint, nor will it be practicable to prosecute people for writing down their points of view about religion, in the internet. Were this possible, millions of blogs and urls will attract the penal provisions of sec. 153A and/or sec.295 (A) of the IPC, and the governments will have a tough time in dealing with other, more pressing cases.

So, let us forget what has happened, and strive to continue making this Tamil Brahmins.com forum a clearing house of ideas on various topics including religion, philosophy, worship-/belief- systems, scriptures and criticism thereof in parliamentary language, etc., without succumbing ourselves to partisan, narrow-minded thought processes, and insisting on a "My way or the prison cell!" kind of ideology.

Thank you all!

sangomji

I was appalled at the intolerance shown by some members for views of others.

I did not know what to say.

I am happy to note due to intervention of praveenji , the thread got terminated.

My request to one and all of you is to look at this forum as a place for exchange of newer ideas and perspectives, instead of seeking to find endorsement of your own religious views, philosophy, belief system, the pantheon you worship etc., with a view to lessening your own deep- lingering doubts in these matters. Let us be prepared to accept that this world is full of different kinds of people. It is not possible to convert every one to our viewpoint, nor will it be practicable to prosecute people for writing down their points of view about religion, in the internet. Were this possible, millions of blogs and urls will attract the penal provisions of sec. 153A and/or sec.295 (A) of the IPC, and the governments will have a tough time in dealing with other, more pressing cases.

So, let us forget what has happened, and strive to continue making this Tamil Brahmins.com forum a clearing house of ideas on various topics including religion, philosophy, worship-/belief- systems, scriptures and criticism thereof in parliamentary language, etc., without succumbing ourselves to partisan, narrow-minded thought processes, and insisting on a "My way or the prison cell!" kind of ideology.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back