• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tenth day samskaras after a person's death

Status
Not open for further replies.
When should the ritual of 'Slokam vasikardhu' (not sure of the exact name) be performed after a person's death? Our athu sastrigal said it should be done on the tenth day, after which the 'pethi urundai' and bakshanam should be distributed, but my mother-in-law said it should be done on the thirteenth day after the subasweekaram. I am confused as to which is correct. (This caused some issues when my grandmother died a few months back).

Mythili

Generally it is read on the 13th day - Subha Sweekaram. It is called "Charama" (readers correct me for spelling) slokam prepared by the purohit in sanskrit in praise of the deceased on his/her good deeds and the legacies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back