• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Telugu Brahmin

We are tamil Vadama Brahmin Iyer from Tanjore Dist. We are considering alliance for our son with a telegu Brahmin-Vaidiiki. It is an arranged match. Is there any major diference in the customs, traditions or rituals between the two communities.
We Too are tamil Vadama Brahmin Iyer from Tanjore Dist.
We have arranged marriage within the community and there were differences in customs between the families.
One of our arrange marriages was with a family from Palakatta Brahmins, and my oh my there was absolute chaos. At times we felt that we did not even speak the same language.
The marriages have lasted for more than 50 years.
If you focus on differences it will be sad, if you focus on similarities and compromises you will have a happy union.
All the best.

Manthras may be same as it is in sanskrit but there are many different rituals. Also it depends of which state they belong to. If telugu Brahmins settled in TN of much generations back, have adopted some of the tamil Brahmins practices while in Andhra or Telengana there are totally different practices.

Differences : costume of girls (madisar), they will use some screen between bride and bridegroom and after marriage ceremonies of Agni, there is another ceremony nagavalli and there are many little little differences in rituals and even following calendars they follow moon based hindu calendars while tambrahm follows sun based tamil calendars which has some difference in fixing muhurath dates too.

hi
We are tamil Vadama Brahmin Iyer from Tanjore Dist. We are considering alliance for our son with a telegu Brahmin-Vaidiiki. It is an arranged match. Is there any major diference in the customs, traditions or rituals between the two communities.
hi

yes...some differences....there madisar different...they prefer bottu with black necklace for

thirumangalyam....i am tamil vadama....but i was supposed to marry a telugu girl about 30 yrs ago...

but my parents against it becoz of thirumangalyam problem. and madisar customs....

ஒரு காலத்தில் ஆந்திரா மூலம் தமிழ் நாட்டிற்கு இடம் பெயர்ந்தவர்களே வடமாள். சோழன் காலத்தில் அவனால் அழைக்கப்பட்டவர்கள் சோளதேச வடமாள், பின்னால் வந்தவர்கள் வடதேசத்து வடமன். மடிசார் புடவை போன்றவை இன்றும் தெலுங்கு முறையில் நடக்கின்றன. வைதீக வித்தியாசம் கிடையாது. சுந்தர தெலுங்கு பெண்கள் எல்லா பழக்க வழக்கங்களையும் விரைவில் கற்பார்கள். தெற்கை, தாலியுடன் மரணம் அடைந்தவர்களுக்கு அத்தை..., திருமணம் முடிந்த உடன் சுமங்கலி பிரார்தனை(மங்கிலி பொண்டு) தெற்கே உண்டு, ஆந்திர பிராமணர்கள் இதை செய்வா்களா என்பது தெரியாது. ஆசிகள்.

Latest ads

Back