• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tamil Brahmin and Telugu Brahmin Marriage - Same Gotra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shmt.Raji Ram,

Many of these fairness creams can't make a dark complexioned guy/gal whiter/fairer. But, make the face glowing and appealing. The skin of the face looks blemish less, smooth and vibrant. There will be a sort of freshness and all this would make the face attractive and welcoming.

There is a craze of such creams among boys and girl for two different reasons.

1) To have a glowing and attractive face to feel confident and happy to face a girl/boy

2) To get selected in certain jobs like Travel and Hospitality industry, Aviation Industry and even MNC's where they expect employees to be well present in their costume and looks.

Such make up done to some reasonable extent and to cope up with the above situation is no wrong, IMHO.

I use the costliest - PONDS GOLD RADIANT, DAY CREAM :).

Though I prefer not to use such cosmetics, at the end of the day I chose to use it. I use only PONDS FOAM Based Face Wash and no soaps. And use, NIVEA Shower Gel for MEN and NIVEA Body Lotion for Men..

Have stoped using soaps for face and face powder since 1998.

If find cosmetics as a problem ONLY for some girls/women. That is, when they do such a over make up on daily basis that they look more horrible in that, with out which they would be looking much better. By such over make up the end up spoiling their skin too.

Lol I really thought its only ladies that use facial wash. Next you will be telling me that men use shampoo as well :D

YES!!!! Many many men use shampoo too. There are many Shampoo brands exclusively for men. One such brand that is quit famous is - Head and Shoulders for MEN.

BUT, I don't use shampoo. Because am scared!!! Scared to lose my soft hairs further. LOL!!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sangom

Smt. Renuka ji,

................. because girls were being discussed in a very loose fashion here. Whither went women's empowerment?

Dear Sangom ji,

There is something called a sense of humor and I feel Haridasa Ji post was just funny.

Women empowerment does not mean we lose our sense of humor.

As far as I know there was no crime committed against females here in this threads...
girls too have requirements when they want to marry a guy and grade a guy along the lines of who looks hot..who is just Ok and who is husband material and who is uncle types.

Yes some of us girls too have classified guys according to states like for example in college the classification was :

1)Delhi guys..hot and romantic...they even sing Hindi songs for you...they like attractive girls.
Punjabi guys are good cos they even celebrate their girlfriends distinction for her exams when he himself would have just got a 2nd class..they run around telling other guys..my girlfriend is more intelligent that your girlfriend..they have a good heart.

2)Bihar guys...run run run ..cos they are too possessive and are dominant.

3)Bengal guys...shy types but prefer intellectual type girls.

4)Tamil Nadu guys...too shy..they prefer homely looking behenjis.

5)Malayali guys..also a bit shy and prefer homely girls.

So when girls themselves have a list..I guess Haridas ji was just being honest and funny.

BTW I fail to understand that elsewhere some bachelors can find fault with girls 24/7 in every known aspect and that is acceptable but all Haridas did was talking about the grades of beauty and nature of girls from different states and many can't accept this??

Last edited:
Dear Sangom ji,

There is something called a sense of humor and I feel Haridasa Ji post was just funny.

Women empowerment does not mean we lose our sense of humor.

As far as I know there was no crime committed against females here in this threads...
girls too have requirements when they want to marry a guy and grade a guy along the lines of who looks hot..who is just Ok and who is husband material and who is uncle types.

Yes some of us girls too have classified guys according to states like for example in college the classification was :

1)Delhi guys..hot and romantic...they even sing Hindi songs for you...they like attractive girls.
Punjabi guys are good cos they even celebrate their girlfriends distinction for her exams when he himself would have just got a 2nd class..they run around telling other guys..my girlfriend is more intelligent that your girlfriend..they have a good heart.

2)Bihar guys...run run run ..cos they are too possessive and are dominant.

3)Bengal guys...shy types but prefer intellectual type girls.

4)Tamil Nadu guys...too shy..they prefer homely looking behenjis.

5)Malayali guys..also a bit shy and prefer homely girls.

So when girls themselves have a list..I guess Haridas ji was just being honest and funny.

BTW I fail to understand that elsewhere some bachelors can find fault with girls 24/7 in every known aspect and that is acceptable but all Haridas did was talking about the grades of beauty and nature of girls from different states and many can't accept this??

Smt. Renukaji,

What girls or boys do outside of this forum, whether they classify the opposite sex according to their ethnic/state etc. criteria are not matters relevant to this forum. For example girls and/or boys may have many things among them of which someone like you may be aware but many may not be.

I was concerned with HS making blanket pronouncements like X girls are very good, Y girls are sweet, Z girls are dangerous like bombs, etc. If you feel this is humour (though this thread is not on humour) why is it not possible to accept many caste-based (varna-based) pronouncements in the Dharmasastras, like Brahmins are satvik, shudras are tamasic, etc.? Obviously, you merely want to plead unnecessarily for HS. Since shri Praveen has deleted the post, why not discuss direct with Shri Praveen himself, instead of making posts here?

To me HS might have been honest in his classified beliefs about girls but it is not funny. For example suppose HS had also said, "Punjabi NB girls are unfaithful" - will you consider it as merely funny?

Dear Amala,

How will the dark complexioned boys feel?

Fairness cream are not only for women! See these ads:

Emami's Fair and Handsome Fairness Cream

Bollywood Superstar with Men's Fairness Cream

Fair and Handsome- Fairness cream for men

The girls (and possibly elderly women also) who use such Fairness Creams and/or visit the beauty parlour for making their faces white, do end up making their faces white, but the whiteness is something like that of a corpse. But, may be this is now valued by young men and the society itself, I think, when looking at such pitiable faces. But one point which I don't understand is, will all this "kasarthu (கஸர்த்து)" change the entire body complexion? Will not those unlucky guys be viewing a sharp black & white 3-D image at close quarters? And, similarly for the face-whitened males at close quarters with their life partners?

If you feel this is humour (though this thread is not on humour) why is it not possible to accept many caste-based (varna-based) pronouncements in the Dharmasastras, like Brahmins are satvik, shudras are tamasic, etc.? Obviously, you merely want to plead unnecessarily for HS. Since shri Praveen has deleted the post, why not discuss direct with Shri Praveen himself, instead of making posts here?

To me HS might have been honest in his classified beliefs about girls but it is not funny. For example suppose HS had also said, "Punjabi NB girls are unfaithful" - will you consider it as merely funny?

Dear Sangom ji,

Did I say anywhere that I do not accept that Brahmins are Sattva and Sudras are Tamasic all I am saying is that each Varna should be respected ....in fact it you read my posts in other threads I am always saying that Caste in Birth Based and not Guna Based..that is why in another thread I felt Yudhisthira telling the Python that Caste is Based on Gunas and Sudra and can become a Brahmin and vice versa does not jive well cos the same Yudhisthira viewed Karna with Kshatriya qualities as a Suta Putra and not a Kshatriya..

even the ever so "Sattva" Vidura born from Veda Vysa itself was considered a Sudra becos his mother was a Sudra ..so that shows that birth has important role in determining caste.
I have no problems with that either.

Sattva,Rajas and Tamas are Gunas and neither is a compliment and neither is an insult becs Trigunas come from Brahman even though He is Trigunarahitam..so there is nothing wrong with any guna and each human has to get over every guna eventually to realize Brahman.

Now coming to your next question...if any one considers a NB Punjabi girl as unfaithful...let me tell you a bit of myself...

I am Tamilian-Punjabi hybrid and if anyone tells me "You Tamilians NBs or Punjabis are good for nothing,useless blah blah blah"

I usually do not get angry and launch attack against anyone that they are ethnic bashing!LOL

I usually stop to think:

1)What is the agenda of the person saying all these?

2)May be he/she would have had a bad experience with a Tamilian NB/Punjabi before

3)Then I might also stop to think "hey is there something I dont know about my own race"!LOL

4) Is he or she jealous of me?

So I usually do not bother too much for such things...cos there is good and bad in every race.

Ok now hypothetically if Haridas had said that Punjabi NB girls are unfaithful..I might think that may be he had some bad experience or he loved some Punjabi NB girl and girl did not Lovvu him back and hence the comment or may be he did come across some unfaithful ones cos unfaithful women can be found in every community.

So for me I will still laugh it off as funny.

BTW I have no personal gain or loss to support Haridas here..I merely stated my opinion.

Last edited:

Dear Sangom Sir,

Actually the fairness creams do NOT make people white but may make them just one shade fairer!

So, please do not be scared of seeing black and white 3 D images anymore! :D

P. S: Many of my friends say that the fairness creams only irritate their skins! :sad:

Dear Sangom Sir,

Actually the fairness creams do NOT make people white but may make them just one shade fairer!

So, please do not be scared of seeing black and white 3 D images anymore! :D

P. S: Many of my friends say that the fairness creams only irritate their skins! :sad:

YES!!!.

Some fairness creams doesn't suit some skin. For example, Emami Fair & Handsome (for men) gives irritation to skin for many men especially with soft and sensitive skin. I tried once and I felt like I have rubbed my face with chilly powder..LOL!!!

It is very harmful for the skin.

It's better for men with such skin type to use the fairness creams that are meant for ladies OR not the MEN Specific types.

Dear Ravi,

So what my friends say is right! When men use women's fairness creams,

women should ASK for some fairness cream to be prepared for children! :baby:

Dear Ravi,

So what my friends say is right! When men use women's fairness creams,

women should ASK for some fairness cream to be prepared for children! :baby:

There are baby/children specific soaps, lotions, creams etc..etc., no?

Yes there are many! But NO fairness creams for babies / children. :cool:

All children are cute and beautiful, isn't it? So, why need fairness creams for children? Just some lotions like Vaseline would do to keep the face looking fresh and glowing.

You did not get the point Ravi! You find men's fairness creams irritating. So use women's creams.

Likewise, my friends feel irritated by using women's f. creams. So they need gentler ones - like 'made for children'!

Since they are NOT available they will ASK for it to be prepared! Thats it! :)

Last edited:

Where are you Rajeshhhhhhhh?? :spy:

Probably busy sorting out Gothram Issues :fencing:

May be trying hard to make the girl understand all about this gothram issue and breaking his head to make her get out of the clutches of their parent's objection on same gothram marriage and to come forward and marry him :frusty:

You did not get the point Ravi! You find men's fairness creams irritating. So use women's creams.

Likewise, my friends feel irritation by using women's f. creams. So they need gentler ones - like 'made for children'! :)

OH OK!!! Got it..

I think, those friends of yours with too soft and sensitive skin should apply KallaMaavu paste on their face, after washing their face with Turmeric Paste!! :cool:

Probably busy sorting out Gothram Issues :fencing:

May be trying hard to make the girl understand all about this gothram issue and breaking his head to make her get out of the clutches of their parent's objection on same gothram marriage and to come forward and marry him :frusty:

Girls Parents are not convinced to change girls gothram. So still trying to find solutions.

I got to see the posts in this thread only now. I am shocked at attack on my post. As Amala has mentioned, I only replied on a ? posed to me. Even then, I have been giving compliments to all women. So, there is nothing like whitering women empowerment. If one member asks me a specific ? and I give my POV as a response, what is the problem with that to other people? Some members go HARDware on me. Renu asked whether chinna veedu wants software professionals and I replied harware. Why could it not be seen as hardware professional? Even my emphasis on 'hard' could have been interpreted as 'difficult'. If it was not, why blame me?

Thanks to Amala and Renu for seeing my posts in the right perspective.

Dear Amala,

They will be gabbu rAjas if they don't use shampoo to clean their hair! In addition to facial wash,

there are lots of facial scrubs including almond scrub which boys / men use in my family circle!

This is gender equality too! :lol:

See this page:
Is There Plastic in Your Your Facial Scrub?

I strongly object! By encouraging the use of cosmetics, we are further disempowering the vulnerable and gullible male population! Why should they have to take care of physical appearance? Only to be objectified by women? So that bachelor girls can put posters of male pinups in their dorm rooms? Why can't we see and appreciate the real person behind the six-pack rippling abdominal muscles?

Yes there are many! But NO fairness creams for babies / children. :cool:
hi
rajesh problem is with the gothram etc.....not the fairness cream.....he never ask which cream for tamil boy/telugu gal....

but here we are now analysising which fair ness cream is good....he has question abt which gothra is good...not the cream....

any way very interesting thread....may be after seeing these cream discussion...he might be left the thread and got married..

who knows?....

Last edited:
I strongly object! By encouraging the use of cosmetics, we are further disempowering the vulnerable and gullible male population! Why should they have to take care of physical appearance? Only to be objectified by women? So that bachelor girls can put posters of male pinups in their dorm rooms? Why can't we see and appreciate the real person behind the six-pack rippling abdominal muscles?
Cool down Biswa Sir! :)

I am not bluffing! I share what I see around me. I am not encouraging the use of cosmetics and do not use fairness

creams or any such products! Once TV is on, we find SRK / Soorya / Kholi and so on appearing in a fairness cream ad!!

P.S: I can understand where from you get this logic

Why can't we see and appreciate the real person behind the six-pack rippling abdominal muscles?
;)

One more Q Biswa Sir! Please tell me if hair wash with plain water will leave the hair and scalp clean?

Because I have :noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back