• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Teasing Brahminism in Cinemas

gayathriseshadri said:
hello sirs...i may not be in a position to debate with u people as ur grown up nd 'm jus budding...anywayz my opinion is that, its we people who spoil our culture..even many of my relatives nd frenz of my own community r claiming tat egg has become veg, nd r taking nv too..we don hav a strong unity amongst us nd r even becoming as minority now-a-dayz....tats y cine field nd others r abusing us...is there any other community which has been portrayed so sarcastically?? i don think so...as seetharam sir has mentioned, we r becoming spineless..tatz y they call upon as ambi, thayirsatham,etc...we d youngsters need ur guidance to overlook tis crisis...can u plz??????????
hi,
you are frank in expressing your opinion!
if you are a biology scholar you will understand that you have expressed the phenotype qualities of a subspecies which has evolved during the course of evolution!..inherited/acquired/thrust.nobody need feel shy .
the qualities are protective to the community
you can observe similar..good/bad qualities in all!...no exception.
you must appreciate that inspite of all such qualities they have come up and still holding the name! nothing to regret.
GPS

sarathy said:
hi,
if you are a biology scholar you will understand that you have expressed the phenotype qualities of a subspecies which has evolved during the course of evolution!..inherited/acquired/thrust.nobody need feel shy .
you must appreciate that inspite of all such qualities they have come up and still holding the name! nothing to regret.
GPS
Dear GP Sarathy:
I must confess my ignorance in comprehending your posting! I have absolutely no idea as to what you are trying to convey - are you scolding us or 'them'? ... I am writing this in half jest!

Dear Gayathriseshadri:
I am delighted to see younger people like you are taking an active interest in our community. However, if I were you, I wouldn't dignify these movies portraying Brahmins in a bad light with our comments! When I was a boy growing up in India, my grandfather used to say: "if you throw stones at a dung (he was referring to humans'), it will only hit back at your face". By the same token, if we bothered to even bring this up, it will only make it worse and these clowns will go at it with glee! Better just to ignore it.
More importantly, we must unite and organize ourselves and portray ourselves as a potent political force to be reckened with.
Regarding your comment on other Brahmins eating meat, eggs, I am sorry that they are going down the wrong path; however, I cannot tell other people how to live or what to eat. Whenever I visit India and when I go visit some sophisticated clubs in Chennai (Presidency, Gymkhana), I come across well-to-do people. They are extremely surprised (and somewhat look down on me) when they find out that for somebody like me who grew up in the US, I don't eat meat, do not smoke or drink!! I guess you are with the 'in-crowd' if you did those things! The irony is that while our people are trying to ape the Westerners, more and more Americans are turning spiritual (many of them are turning towards Hinduism, Buddhism), quit eating meat and drinking. Yoga has become a mainstream affair in this country.

Last edited:
Teasing Brahmins

!!!!!!!!!!!!!The ability to laugh at yourself is the best way to win hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!

ceetharam said:
Come on Sir:
Give comedy a chance, Learn to laugh at yourself, you will improve, your bloodpresessure will reduce.

All good and bad things must come to an end.

However, I propose every Brahmin youth learn martial arts, no need to eat those stupid "eggs" those eggheads propagate - WILL POWER IS STRONGER THAN Non-Veg,.

Perhaps we should generously contribute to our youth to learn martial arts, to culture a new blend of brahmin youth for the years to come - strengthen mental intelligence with muscle and will power.

We have to come out from backbiting each other. This is how muslims have been dashing - though they have now begun to kill themselves.

Regards
ceetharam

Here are some must reads:
http://www.voiceofdharma.com/books/cpak/ch1.html
http://www.bharatvani.org/books/imwat/

Gayatri

Gayatri,

All it takes is for one person to set an example and others will follow. I have a cousin who used to eat meat having been brought up in Bangalore but she married someone who lived most of his life in the USA and all his family here are pure vegetarians. She has now reverted back to being a pure vegetarian and has brought up her children to be pure vegetarians as well.

I myself neither eat meat, nor smoke nor drink. We are all very affluent and have done well in life. It is important to remember that to succeed in life there is absolutely no need to punish your body with these Tamasik habits. Just stick to your own guns and let others do what they may. eventually those who stray will end up admiring those who are driven by their convictions and some will even emulate you.

there are other ways to have fun in life and having meat is not the only way. I can think of dancing , music and sports - for example. Get your fun indulging in these.

S V

sarathy said:
hi,
GPS

Last edited:
gayathriseshadri said:
tats y cine field nd others r abusing us...is there any other community which has been portrayed so sarcastically?? i don think so...as seetharam sir has mentioned, we r becoming spineless..tatz y they call upon as ambi, thayirsatham,etc...we d youngsters need ur guidance to overlook tis crisis...can u plz??????????

in tamil movies characters resembling our community people are humiliated for comedy purpose. But here i want to make a point that so many brahmins cine artiste acted in anti brahmins films and tv serial. What can we do for it?

yes

yes u r correct.i also had seen many brahmin eating meat fearing that they might be abused by their friends as being thayir sadam.also as ceetaram sir had said brahmin men &women must know martial arts as they r being targetted by D.K men.
gayathriseshadri]hello sirs...i may not be in a position to debate with u people as ur grown up nd 'm jus budding...anywayz my opinion is that, its we people who spoil our culture..even many of my relatives nd frenz of my own community r claiming tat egg has become veg, nd r taking nv too..we don hav a strong unity amongst us nd r even becoming as minority now-a-dayz....tats y cine field nd others r abusing us...is there any other community which has been portrayed so sarcastically?? i don think so...as seetharam sir has mentioned, we r becoming spineless..tatz y they call upon as ambi, thayirsatham,etc...we d youngsters need ur guidance to overlook tis crisis...can u plz??????????

vijay said:
yes u r correct.i also had seen many brahmin eating meat fearing that they might be abused by their friends as being thayir sadam.also as ceetaram sir had said brahmin men &women must know martial arts as they r being targetted by D.K men.

Thanks Vijay.

I hope your frank expression will kindle the fire:

We are no more milk sops!

We have the brains, it is time we show THEM we also have the nerves.

ceetharam

Thair Sadam

Best thing is to get a T-Shirt saying "I am a five star Thair-Sadam Person" and wear it wherever you go.

Silicon Valley-an

ceetharam said:
Thanks Vijay.

I hope your frank expression will kindle the fire:

We are no more milk sops!

We have the brains, it is time we show THEM we also have the nerves.

ceetharam

Teasing Brahminism in cinema

Dear friends,
This is one issue that has pained every brahmin including myself. But as what has been pointed out brahmins themselves seem to be a part of this bad practice of letting down our community not only in cinema but in every other manner. Brahminism has so many positive aspects in it and it is a very scientific way of life. The concept of "madi" and "acharam" is all about maintaing inner and external cleanliness and prevent any kind of a contamination to oneself or to the society. However I think the brahmin community needs an urgent rejuvenation in terms of realising the positivenes of brahminism. This I believe can happen if we the members of the brahmin community can undertake the following measures in their everyday life that would revitalise the lost glory of brahminism:

1. Success is the best medicene to revitalise any community, individual, and restore the long term glory of the individual, community. Success speaks volumes than mere words. We the members of the brahmin community will have to work very hard and establish an incerased percentage of success rate in whichever profession we are. we will need to generate more efficient doctors, lawyers, engineers, scientists, businessmen etc. These professionals who will exemplify success will be ultimate torchbearers of our community. this will increase the respect for the community in the society. even if we do have all this now there is always a scope for improvement and let us concentrate on improving the success rate. let every brahmin make an honest effort everyday however small or big it may be- keeping in corner of one's mind that this effort will have a bearing on the reputation of the community and he/she has to do well and excel in that action. This mere thought would be sufficient to enhance the glory of our community. Whatever we do we do it with a zeal to excel in that so that our community will be the best.

2. let us stick to the brahmin values -nomatter what- we should all try and be vegetarians. vegetarianism is all about nonviolence and being kind to our fellow being in this world. many of the brahmins are under a myth about vegetarianism and fail to understand the merits of it. I would propagate even non brahmins to become vegetarians. it is a way of life and a precious way of life that we have got. we have a gift that makes us live without harming other creatures in this world. we need to feel proud about that. That does not mean we do not eat only thayir sadam and oorugai but let us have anything that is vegetarian and not nonvegetarian.

3. Feel proud about the vedas. Let us make it a point to recite gayatri mantra at least one time in the day in the event that we do not have time to do elaborate sandhyavandanam. let us lead a discpilined way of life -stay away from drinking, smoking.

4. let us treat women in a more respectful manner. many of the movies do show brahmins as being weak to women. brahminism is the way that suggests men to treat women in the most respectful ways however it is not happenening.

5. this point is addressed to the womenfolk of our community. I have observed that many brahmin women in the name of mordern living are falling aprey to bad life styles such as indisciplined dressing, falling into bad company etc. This is certainly not becoming of being members of a very noble community such as ours. This would only denigrate our culture rather than enhance it. we can always be updated with the mordern life and yet preserve the dignity of our culture. therefore dear womenfolk of the brahmin community I request you to kindly dress up and carry your self in a manner that would command respect from others.

dear friends let us look at the heritage that we have in herited- we have C.V.Raman, Ramanujan, Subarmanian Chandrashekhar, Rajaji, Sathyamurthy, Bharathiar, adishankara, ramanuja and whole other lot of spectrum of grat men from our community. we will need more such great men from our community. As I say all this I do not claim to be anywhere even near any of the big names that I have taken up here. I am an ordinary mortal from this community making the same mistakes that every mortal does however I am trying in my every effort to try and rectify these mistakes and do better in my next effort. It is dificult but not impossible. we will need to keep trying all our life. let us do it.

Thank you for your time

best regards

Prashanth

We dont retaliate and that is the reason all this rubbish is going on.We have to make songs that tease the low reserved castes. We have to make films that show our glorious bramhins past.It is we who had knowledge and wealth.

No

We must not get into the non-sense. I would prefer we must follow the foot steps of jews and parsis. They quietly worked to make themself economically powerfull. Once you are economically powerfull, nobody tries to rub u on the wrong side. If you look at the actual anti-brahmin sentiments, it has died long time back. It is being used today to just run politics. That is known to the person who is tellng this and also who is listening. The people today knows the greatest looters are the politicians cutting across parties.

We must get into constructive movement rather than destructive. It is a double edged sword, like what krishna told drupadi, that if a war, casuality willbe on both the side. Better we will have to move to become enterprenuers where we donot look at the govenment for sustainence like vaishyas.

Regards, sarathy

Positive portrayal of brahmins in films

With reference to Aiyers point on films reflecting the positive contributions of Brahmins, it reminds of a movie way back in circa '87.

The film was all about how a "brahmin girl" (played by Lakshmi) is given away in a stage-managed-adoption to a "backward class family" by her own father in order to ensure that her education is funded by Govt.

This girl grows up to become an IAS officer & comes back to the same district to serve as the collector.

She does wonders for the district & especially her village & obviously invites the wrath of some powerful guys in the village who ultimately succeed in unveiling her true identity.

Despite all good work, she is finally arrested & put behind bars for false representation of her caste.

If i remember correctly, the original climax was so designed that the people of the district raise against the govt & get her acquitted underlying the message that "caste is not important from their perspective". However due to some obvious pressure from the 'Dravidan parties', the climax was changed to send her packing to the jail.

So much so for the portrayal of brahmins in films especially tamil films. The film's name is "Ore Oru Gramathile".

Well said!

Folks. Please listen to Prp. Our future is too precious to waste time on responding to teasing in films or politics. Retaliation is a childish and dangerous response. Quiet and consistent economic effort is the need of the day. This requires harmonious relations with all castes. No businessman can afford to antagonize any caste or group of people. We have to be like the sun. If people spit at the sun, the spittle only comes back to hit them. The sun continues to shine on everyone equally whether people worship the sun or abuse the sun. The nature of a businessman should be like the sun. His only objective in life is to serve people - no matter what they think of him.

Only difference between politics and business is that business is not a zero sum game like politics in which if one party wins the other party loses. An a businessman has no need to abuse his rivals like politicians do. He and his rivals can be equally successful.

A businessman can live his life in quiet dignity and hard work. If that sounds appealing to our dignified Brahmin instinct our choice should be simple. Business is better than politics ANY DAY.

SV

Latest ads

Back