• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tamil New Year Meaning as I see

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramacchandran

The Tamil New year people misspell as Virodhy Gruthu.

The real name may be a-viharyata-kratu, us, us, u,
Ved. whose will cannot be averted ; (Say.) doer of
acts undesired (by his foes) OR
The Horse Head as fast as a horse; (as fast as Horse)

VI = Multiply by 20 X 20 X 20 etc.,

rodhri, dha, dhrl, dhri (fr. rt. I. ruh),
one who ascends or grows, krathu can not be averted.
The one whose ascends can not be averted.

So this year will give many upword trends in our Country and I wish that this stands for ever.

By the by on the New year day, I suggest to put One leaf (Three) of Vilva in One liter of water along with Jeeragam, boil and drink.

This will reduce the heat and strengthen the mind power.

One more point to note here.

The first quarter of Uttara Phalguni falls in the fifth zodiacal sign of Leo, its remaining three quarters fall in the sixth zodiacal sign of Virgo. The periods of its vernal equinoxes in Leo and Virgo are respectively I0508 to I0269 B.C. and II228 to I0509 B.C. In Greek and roman religions, Isis was also the goddess of navigation in addition to being the goddess of fertility and motherhood. She was supported to be “traversing the sky in a boat” like virgo, the Celestial Virgin. This clearly points to the origin of her worship during the period of vernal equinoxes in Uttara Phalguni in the sixth zodiacal sign of Virgo between II228 to I0509 B.C.

Isis was the Egyptian goddess of motherhood and fertility. Ichnographically she is some time represented as cow headed. Ariyama, the god of plenty, conjugal happiness and fertility is the Swami of Uttara Phalguni and the yoni representation of Uttra Phaguni is a Cow. (This Cow headed Goddess were called Vrahi which turned as Varãhi a goddess with Pig shape).[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Based on this we are celbrating this year Vrahi Krudhu, or the year of Vrahi, Varahi, and we are celbrating First day of this year as Varaha jayanthi!

This goddess was formed in B.C.11228., may be more than that too!

[FONT=&quot][1][/FONT] ) H.S.Spencer, Are the Gathas Pre Vedic? And the age of Zarathusthra,, H.P.Vaswani Poona 1965 p-36

re

One more point to note here.

The first quarter of Uttara Phalguni falls in the fifth zodiacal sign of Leo, its remaining three quarters fall in the sixth zodiacal sign of Virgo. The periods of its vernal equinoxes in Leo and Virgo are respectively I0508 to I0269 B.C. and II228 to I0509 B.C. In Greek and roman religions, Isis was also the goddess of navigation in addition to being the goddess of fertility and motherhood. She was supported to be “traversing the sky in a boat” like virgo, the Celestial Virgin. This clearly points to the origin of her worship during the period of vernal equinoxes in Uttara Phalguni in the sixth zodiacal sign of Virgo between II228 to I0509 B.C.

Isis was the Egyptian goddess of motherhood and fertility. Ichnographically she is some time represented as cow headed. Ariyama, the god of plenty, conjugal happiness and fertility is the Swami of Uttara Phalguni and the yoni representation of Uttra Phaguni is a Cow. (This Cow headed Goddess were called Vrahi which turned as Varãhi a goddess with Pig shape).[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Based on this we are celbrating this year Vrahi Krudhu, or the year of Vrahi, Varahi, and we are celbrating First day of this year as Varaha jayanthi!

This goddess was formed in B.C.11228., may be more than that too!

[FONT=&quot][1][/FONT] ) H.S.Spencer, Are the Gathas Pre Vedic? And the age of Zarathusthra,, H.P.Vaswani Poona 1965 p-36

thnx for the info.then & now,we had precession.so,uttara-ayanam is dec 21/22 in the month of margashirsham in sagittarius or dhanur rasi.

sb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back