• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tamil New Year Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahmanyan

வணக்கம்,
அன்பர்கள் யாவருக்கும் எனது புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள் . இப்புத்தாண்டில் உடல் நலமும் உள்ளத்தில் மகிழ்ச்சியையும் எல்லாம் வல்ல இறைவன் அருள வேண்டுகிறேன் .
தங்கள் நலம்கோரும் ,
ப்ராஹ் மண்யன்,
பெங்களூர்

Last edited:
கர வருஷமே வருக; திருக்

கரத்தால் நலமெலாம் தருக!

எங்கும் சிறந்த வளம் பெருக,

பொங்கும் அருளையே தருக!

உலகம் உய்ய வேண்டும்,
ராஜி ராம் :pray2:

Anbudayeer!

Ungal anaivarukkum engal manamarntha puthandu Nal vazhthukkal !

Wishing an exponential rise amongst our brotherhood in compassion , care and service of the needy on this Tamil New Year ( and ever after ! )

Wishing Mr.Praveen , moderators and contributors of this forum too Happiness unlimited and good health with the required wealth and hats off for their true invaluable service !

Last edited:
Dear all,

I have a doubt..which is the actual day for Hindu New Year..cos it is generally understood as 1st day of month of Chaitra known as Chaitra Shukladi...which was the day Lord Brahma commenced creation which fell on April 4th this year.
I would like to know if Lord Brahma commenced creation on that day...how come we have so many regional variations and why dont we Hindus decide on one fixed day as Hindu New year instead of having regional variations?

for example today is supposed to be Chaitra Shukla Dashami, Kaliyug Varsha 5113.

Feedback please..expert opnion wanted here.

Last edited:
happy puthandu vazthukkal.

renuka ,tamilians follow solar calendar.the sun entry into aries in the zodiac.apr 4 is the lunar calendar variants of either amavasyanta or pournamsyanta,as start for its beginning,wherein there is only 354 days in a year which needs to be corrected for the shortage of 11 days approx every year.kerala,mangalore are with us in south india and punjab is also with us in solar calendrical panchangams...my 2 cents.

இங்கே வரும் என்னுடைய சகோதர சகோதரிக்களுக்கு இனிமையான புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள் !!!!

Last edited:
happy puthandu vazthukkal.

renuka ,tamilians follow solar calendar.the sun entry into aries in the zodiac.apr 4 is the lunar calendar variants of either amavasyanta or pournamsyanta,as start for its beginning,wherein there is only 354 days in a year which needs to be corrected for the shortage of 11 days approx every year.kerala,mangalore are with us in south india and punjab is also with us in solar calendrical panchangams...my 2 cents.

Yo dude!!! thanks a million!!!!

Dear Kunjuppu Sir!

தமிழ்க் கவிதைக்கு உங்கள் பாராட்டா? நன்றி!

Regards.
Raji Ram :thumb:

Dear Kunjuppu Sir!

தமிழ்க் கவிதைக்கு உங்கள் பாராட்டா? நன்றி!

Regards.
Raji Ram :thumb:

இந்த கழுதைக்கும் கற்பூர வாசனை சிலபோழ்து நுகர தெரியும் :) :)

Dear Kunjuppu Sir!

Please do not degrade yourself! You have appreciated several of my earlier kavithais too...

I miss your comments for my new poems and hence I said so!!

Cheers,
Raji Ram :cool:

Dear Kunjuppu Sir!

Please do not degrade yourself! You have appreciated several of my earlier kavithais too...

I miss your comments for my new poems and hence I said so!!

Cheers,
Raji Ram :cool:

sorry raji for missing out your kavithais. it is not for want of interest, but more a constraint of time. i am remiss. :(

சிவாயநம
எல்லோருக்கும் இனிய ஸ்ரீ கர வருஷ புத்தாண்டு நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்.
சென்ற விக்ருதி ஆண்டில் சந்தித்த எல்லா சிறுசிறு சிரமங்கள் கூட முழுவதுமாக தவிர்க்கப்பட்டு,அவனருளாலேஅவன் தாள் வணங்கும் பேற்றை அருளி அதன் மூலம் அனைத்து நலன்களையும் பெற அருளுமாறு வேண்டி விரும்பி அமைகின்றேன்.
அன்புடன்
சிவாயநம

Dear Friends
Wish you all a very happy Tamil new year and Happy Vishu wishes . Let the " Kara" new year bring health, happiness, and wealth to all.

Subra Ganesan

தமிழ் பிராமின்ஸ் இணையத்தளம் நண்பர்கள் அனைவருக்கும் எனது தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு இனிய நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள் .எல்லாம் வல்ல இறைவன் அன்பர்கள் அனைவருக்கும் நல்ல ஆரோக்யமும் பொருளும் அருளி மகிழ்வுடன் வாழ்விக்க பிரார்த்திக்கிறேன்.

TO ALL,
I came across some interesting information about 'Indian New YEAR' (source:-Viprasamhita group) &'Tamil year (source:-iyer123.com Yahoo groups).I want to share with ALL Members.

Attachments

• Tamil.pdf
    395.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Indian new year.pdf
    617.7 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
TO ALL,
I came across some interesting information about 'Indian New YEAR' (source:-Viprasamhita group) &'Tamil year (source:-iyer123.com Yahoo groups).I want to share with ALL Members.

bk ayya,

thank you,so wonderful info.actually the dmk has done a btter job by making thai madham as beginning of of the tamizh calendar,as its synchronises with the astronomical movement of suns path exactly and actually closer to vedic calendar,wherein the start of the new year is dec 21-22 depending upon the uttara - ayanam or suns northward trajectory in northern hemisphere wrt earth revolutions.

TO ALL,

My Tamil New Year Greetings to All Readers. May every one enjoy many more New Years with Peace, Prosperity and Excellent Health !

Two points in favour of New Year starting with தை (thai).
1. According to our scriptures, with the uttaraayana (winter solstice) commences a day for the devas and the pitṛs. Since, as per our culture a human day, year etc., starts with sunrise, it is more in accordance with hindu scriptures to observe new year on beginning of தை. Agreed that there is a difference (lag) of 24 days from the actual observed solstice, but even with the சித்திரை (chithirai) as base we Tamils lag behind the ugaadi or gudi padva, of other states, don't we?

2.For Keralites, the New Year (kolla varsham) begins on ஆவணி (aavani) first and not சித்திரை. The latter is the day of equinox only. ஆடி is the worst month with no farm work or yield, rains, floods and famine and the phrase is கர்க்கடகம் பஞ்ச மாஸம் (karkkataka is famine month) ! Come ஆவணி, there is harvest, rains cease and the New Year commences. Is it not similar with தை and pongal in Tamil Nadu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back