• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Surprised to see dozens of parallel governments at the Centre: PM Modi

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said he was astonished to see the functioning of the establishment in Delhi, as he called for big changes in the bureaucracy so that the aspirations of millions could be fulfilled.

He said that he saw a system which was in deep disarray because of turf issues and because everyone thought that he had his own personal fiefs when he acquired an insider view. "I am an outsider for Delhi, have no idea about the administration and working of this place. I have been quite isolated from the elite here. But the last two months helped me acquire an insider view and I was surprised by what I saw. It seemed as if dozens of parallel governments were running under one government. It appeared everyone has his own fiefdom. I could observe disunity and conflict among them. One would take on another, dragging each other even to Supreme Court," Modi said, adding that divisions in bureaucracy could not take the country forward.

The PM praised the bureaucracy as a set of skilled people, but regretted the loss of sense of "service" which once symbolized it and whose diminution was reflected in the lack of punctuality.

He said business-as-usual approach would not help meet the challenge of fulfilling the aspirations of millions in the face of global competition and said the bureaucracy needs to reform. "In order to fulfill the aspirations of the masses, we have to sharpen the tool called the government machinery, we have to make it keen, more dynamic and it is in that direction that we are moving," he said.

As he invoked the need to move beyond selfish concerns and to do something for the nation, Modi also stressed the importance of e-governance, linking it to his scheme of bureaucratic reforms as well as a larger "Digital India" plan which seeks to enhance Internet penetration and accessibility. "E-governance is easy governance, effective governance and also economical governance. E-governance paves the way for good governance," the PM said, adding that IT could connect the country in the same way that railways once did.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...t-the-Centre-PM-Modi/articleshow/40313012.cms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back