• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Super Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dar-ul-harab and dar-ul-islam differences have always been spoken about. With the former concept modelling itself after wahabi-ideology in many ways and apparently deriving its origins from the indian deobandi school (before partition, later the school was branched to serve in pakistan), it has been accused for the "emotional" sort of jihad it wages. Its adherents are spread far and wide and come in far too many unrealted forms. There was a time when a country to the south of india indulging in civil war was supposed to have received indirect support from the pakistan soil. Ofcourse killing never kills any ideology, and as one can see this dar-ul-harab hydra of a concept will continue to wage its war with the rest of the world until the rest of the world turns dar-ul-islam (home-of-islam).

I agree with what Dr, SS says, in general. However, let us also realize that Islam spread mainly in places where either it was imposed bt force or where social inequities abounded.

This is why the 'Umma' concept of Islam needs to be neutralized, as it is the only positive concept that has the lure for the un privilged, in otherwise an idealogy that is not based on the divinity within us all (when Mohammed talks about killing 'infidels' and went to war against 'them', to me personally, it has lost its status as a religion).

Regards,
KRS

My issues with the likes of Gurumurthy is not about the cause of today's problems originated by the fundamentalist Islam. It is about their ilk who want to throw away the concept of the unique Indian secularism, without thinking through the consequences of doing so. Likes of him forget that about 400 million people of various faiths other than Hindus call India home.

We have no quarrel with those who do not want to think ill of India and her population. This includes Hindus, Moslems, Christians, Jews, Zoarastrians, Jains, Buddhists and what not!

Let us keep it this way. All the above mentioned are Indians.

Gurumurthys of the world can only point out to problems. They would not dare to come out with solutions that can fit our modern life.

Regards,
KRS

Well just the article is well written about the biasity of secular medias. QED is delivered in a crisp manner.

apart from that I didn't expect solutions from anybody.

Spreading the word of Sanathana Dharma is the actual message from time immemorial.But books have taken the place instead of oral transmission.Apoureshayam,the Vedas ,got propagated thru our drashtas rishis,munis,swamis,avatars....gurus...etc.But in Kali Yugam,might is right.Only if you keep killing people to listen to you,will people listen.Bharatham was exploited becoz of this truth only.800 years of islamic terrorism followed by 200 years of christian terrorism.1000 years of terrorism only ruled in bharatham.Despite that,Sanathana Dharma which got re-branded to Hinduism,thrives with its new nomenclature.Hail Bharath.Hail Bharatheeyans.Hail Sanathana Dharmis world over.

sb

http://www.organiser.org/dynamic/mod...id=272&page=15
Out of the Box
This war is against Indian culture
By Subramanian Swamy
sb

sb,

based on my erstwhile experiences, i see many red flags raised just to see a posting like this.

first of all the source - organizer. in my early teens, i used to be an avid reader of this magazine, which was then the mouthpiece of the bharatiya jana sangh.

the articles were always provocative, bordering on incendiary actions to violence or active dislike, of whomsoever the jana sangh at that moment targeted.

jana sangh's slogan was 'hindi, hindu, hindusthan' and primarily appeal was directed to the hindi heartland. i think what weaned me from this - was the strident call to replace english with hindi. in the late 1960s.

later, the progressives, as i recall, left jana sangh to form the bjp. the hard cores stayed behind under the leadership of balraj madhok. this residue has inherited organizer, which i skimmed while in india a while ago.

another red flag is the author - subra swamy. he is a politican who is in the wilderness and of no consequences to the indian political spectrum. he had some virulent supporters here and it took a intervention from the moderators to re-instill a sense of decorum back in this forum.

swami pampers to fears and extremism, when it suits him. otherwise, he is trying to find a place in the lok sabha and forever trying to negotiate one with the ilks of jayalalitha (it was MK before this) .. to all of whom he is a political zero.

i think swami's orginal passion economics at harvard. the world has been bereft of a promising and perhaps an outstanding economics, due to subramaniam swamy's life turning decision to dabble in indian politics. sad.

Shri Kunjuppu

>>based on my erstwhile experiences, i see many red flags raised just to see a posting like this.

first of all the source - organizer. in my early teens, i used to be an avid reader of this magazine, which was then the mouthpiece of the bharatiya jana sangh.<<

I understand your concern.Somehow,i have off late started feeling,apart from Brahman Persecution,its now Hindu Persecution that i acutely feel.

>>the articles were always provocative, bordering on incendiary actions to violence or active dislike, of whomsoever the jana sangh at that moment targeted.

jana sangh's slogan was 'hindi, hindu, hindusthan' and primarily appeal was directed to the hindi heartland. i think what weaned me from this - was the strident call to replace english with hindi. in the late 1960s.<<

Idealogy is a good thing.I personally love the three language formula.Hindi should not be imposed,but i speak,write,read Hindi.I personally consider it Indias one of the National Language.Strangely enuff,its English Language which unites India.At least the ruling class.

>>later, the progressives, as i recall, left jana sangh to form the bjp. the hard cores stayed behind under the leadership of balraj madhok. this residue has inherited organizer, which i skimmed while in india a while ago.

another red flag is the author - subra swamy. he is a politican who is in the wilderness and of no consequences to the indian political spectrum. he had some virulent supporters here and it took a intervention from the moderators to re-instill a sense of decorum back in this forum.<<

I did not know that.

>>swami pampers to fears and extremism, when it suits him. otherwise, he is trying to find a place in the lok sabha and forever trying to negotiate one with the ilks of jayalalitha (it was MK before this) .. to all of whom he is a political zero.

i think swami's orginal passion economics at harvard. the world has been bereft of a promising and perhaps an outstanding economics, due to subramaniam swamy's life turning decision to dabble in indian politics. sad. <<

Its only becoz Mahaswami has blessed him and adviced him to stay with Janata Party,i have fondness for him,becoz of the Nadamadum Deivam.Perhaps he being a scholar from Harvard as well as renowned Chinalogist,i admire his knowledge.Like a rare dodo bird which is extinct,he is a Tamil Brahmin,at national level politics,with international respect and acclaim.Just to let you know i am pro BJP and pro AIADMK.That does not neccessarily translate to being anti other political parties in India.Just as i am pro-democrat now.I think republicans have left a bitter taste in my life.

sb

sb,

thank you for your detailed posting. i request you to read this reply of mine, only as a query or observation, without an iota of criticism or scorn. hope you don't mind.

re subra swamy. i am dismayed now to find that swami stayed behind in india to seek a career in the swamp that is indian politics at the urging of mahaperiya.

i am also surprised to see that the kanchi mutt is a bjp supporter. especially in the time of the previous pontiff. news to me. bjp is a political party and they have their own agenda to suit the times and strategies to get elected.

by the way, bjp supports ardently quotas in educational institutions, which is an anethma to most tamil brahmins.

the tendencies of older folks to tend advice, even on subjects whether they have very little knowledge, is an indian 'thing' in my view.

i am somewhat surprised that swami cast aside his interest in economics, which had he pursued, he would have now been on par with those of bhagwati, sen and ofcourse krugman. to the best of my knowledge, swami was of THAT level of calibre.

should we attribute swami's failure as an indian politician to poor adivce from mahaaperiavaa? swami should have known better and followed his natural instincts instead of listening to the advice of from a mutt chief.

personally, i do not believe, that the kanchi mutt would blatantly come to sponsoring political parties, even though some the managing clique there might be sympathetic to it.

many elderly folks of the previous generations had this suspicion of western values and influences. it was not uncommon for family elders to actively discourage their sons from pursuing opportunities abroad.

many a times, youth bowed to the wishes of a supposedly hidden wisdom that came with age, only disappointed to find, that this 'advice' was a outer cloth, which hid behind it, a deep feeling of insecurity and suspicion.

most often, it took all the adamance of youth to pull away those tugs of family rules, wishes and cut the umblical cord, to a journey of freedom and self fulfilment. i am not putting any value to it, but enunciating it, as i know, how it happened.

nowadays, i believe, this is a non issue.

just out of curiosity, had mahaperiavaa bestowed the same advice to you, ie to stay behind in india and indulge in bjp politics, what would you have done?

my second train of thought....

like you, i am also very excited by barak obama's election. have been following it, but living in canada, not as a participant, but only as an observer.

his most strident enemies, are that particular group of republicans, ie the christian evangelists, to whom sara palin pampered.

this group is almost all white, fanatically christian, with a dislike of people of colour and immigrants and muslims and the media and the educated etc. etc. these group also has a sense of entitlement of a christian white america which should overlord other groups and if possible, kick them out of the usa.

i am quite sure, that like me, you have a contempt and dislike of this evangelist republicans who form what is called the 'looney right', and wish to marginalize them.

india, too has its brand of 'looney right' of which there are many organizations and also an element of bjp. i have found many indians, both in the usa and canada, who spout liberal values here, but when it comes to india, become extremely conservative.

these folks see a threat and fear everywhere in india - to hinduism, culture, way of life etc..

the loony right in the usa calls this 'persecution of christians'. the looney right in india, calls this 'persecution if hindus'. not sure, how desis here can pay lip service to two diametrically opposing values ie liberalism where they reside, but reactionism in their land of birth.

i may be out of step in the above observation and may be faulty to the core. however, in my readings of your posts, i detect a faint appreciation of the conservative elements in india, while at the same time, embracing the western liberalism. how do they coexist?

thank you.

shri kunjuppu

>>thank you for your detailed posting. i request you to read this reply of mine, only as a query or observation, without an iota of criticism or scorn. hope you don't mind.

re subra swamy. i am dismayed now to find that swami stayed behind in india to seek a career in the swamp that is indian politics at the urging of mahaperiya.

i am also surprised to see that the kanchi mutt is a bjp supporter. especially in the time of the previous pontiff. news to me. bjp is a political party and they have their own agenda to suit the times and strategies to get elected.<<

Kanchi Mutt is not a official supporter of any party,as far as i know.All come and get their graces thru H H.Mahaswamigal is a wise saint.I really cannot know,why he asked Dr.S S,to stick with Janta Party.Any sishya will listen with faith,thats all i know.

>>by the way, bjp supports ardently quotas in educational institutions, which is an anethma to most tamil brahmins.

the tendencies of older folks to tend advice, even on subjects whether they have very little knowledge, is an indian 'thing' in my view.<<

Tamil Brahmins are winners.Will be winners now and in the future.No matter whatever subjugation.

>>i am somewhat surprised that swami cast aside his interest in economics, which had he pursued, he would have now been on par with those of bhagwati, sen and ofcourse krugman. to the best of my knowledge, swami was of THAT level of calibre.<<

Its a matter of your opinion.Obviously you & i cannot decide for SS.

>>should we attribute swami's failure as an indian politician to poor adivce from mahaaperiavaa? swami should have known better and followed his natural instincts instead of listening to the advice of from a mutt chief.<<

Failure & Success are in the hands of the lord,isn't it?SS is just doing job of listening to his acharya,with full faith in Guru,and the Guru will know when to give what!

>>personally, i do not believe, that the kanchi mutt would blatantly come to sponsoring political parties, even though some the managing clique there might be sympathetic to it.<<

I retract any statement that i have written,to make you comprehend,that Kanchi Mutt is sponsoring or its officials are sympathetic to any or none of parties concerned.

>>many elderly folks of the previous generations had this suspicion of western values and influences. it was not uncommon for family elders to actively discourage their sons from pursuing opportunities abroad.

many a times, youth bowed to the wishes of a supposedly hidden wisdom that came with age, only disappointed to find, that this 'advice' was a outer cloth, which hid behind it, a deep feeling of insecurity and suspicion.

most often, it took all the adamance of youth to pull away those tugs of family rules, wishes and cut the umblical cord, to a journey of freedom and self fulfilment. i am not putting any value to it, but enunciating it, as i know, how it happened.

nowadays, i believe, this is a non issue.<<

Yes.Times have changed.

>>just out of curiosity, had mahaperiavaa bestowed the same advice to you, ie to stay behind in india and indulge in bjp politics, what would you have done?<<

I would have done what Mahaswamigal tells me.I already demonstrated this when i was 16 years old,when i had differences of opinion with my late father.

>>my second train of thought....

like you, i am also very excited by barak obama's election. have been following it, but living in canada, not as a participant, but only as an observer.

his most strident enemies, are that particular group of republicans, ie the christian evangelists, to whom sara palin pampered.

this group is almost all white, fanatically christian, with a dislike of people of colour and immigrants and muslims and the media and the educated etc. etc. these group also has a sense of entitlement of a christian white america which should overlord other groups and if possible, kick them out of the usa.

i am quite sure, that like me, you have a contempt and dislike of this evangelist republicans who form what is called the 'looney right', and wish to marginalize them.

india, too has its brand of 'looney right' of which there are many organizations and also an element of bjp. i have found many indians, both in the usa and canada, who spout liberal values here, but when it comes to india, become extremely conservative.

these folks see a threat and fear everywhere in india - to hinduism, culture, way of life etc..

the loony right in the usa calls this 'persecution of christians'. the looney right in india, calls this 'persecution if hindus'. not sure, how desis here can pay lip service to two diametrically opposing values ie liberalism where they reside, but reactionism in their land of birth.

i may be out of step in the above observation and may be faulty to the core. however, in my readings of your posts, i detect a faint appreciation of the conservative elements in india, while at the same time, embracing the western liberalism. how do they coexist?<<

I am anything but conservative in real life.Like Rajni says " Enn Vazhi Thani Vazhi " :).Of course he is a super star and i am a dubuku.
:)

sb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back