• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sundar to be CEO of Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

We need to learn how to do things right from the elevation of Pichai, a first-generation immigrant to the US who rose to the top because their system favours meritocracy even while encouraging affirmative action and social diversity in institutions and corporations.For now, though, we should see Pichai’s and Nadella’s rise as slaps in the face of our mediocrity-driven culture.

I have my own doubts as to whether Pichai or Nadella will be allowed to be the No.1 at any time. What has transpired is that a slogger who will not have any independent ideas and hence can be fully trusted by those who 'own' these corporations ultimately have been promoted to highly decorated posts. This does not mean anything at all, beyond this reality.

I have my own doubts as to whether Pichai or Nadella will be allowed to be the No.1 at any time. What has transpired is that a slogger who will not have any independent ideas and hence can be fully trusted by those who 'own' these corporations ultimately have been promoted to highly decorated posts. This does not mean anything at all, beyond this reality.

And pay the "slogger" a million dollar in salary and perks and also offer him a stake in the business by way of equity? If I were Page I would have appointed my dog to that position if it were such a simple decoration. Sangom ji, in your world every thing is highly complicated. You have a knack of applying cynicism in ample measure to every thing you come across here in the forum-whether it is God, religion, caste, Pitchai or Nadella. LOL.

sangom ji, in your world every thing is highly complicated. you have a knack of applying cynicism in ample measure to every thing you come across here in the forum-whether it is god, religion, caste, pitchai or nadella. Lol.

lol

You mean a Chinese or white man from Europe is actually superior to Pichai or a Nadella at a salary of $ 85 million (of nadella, for Pichai it is not yet declared in public)..Then why were they not appointed..There will millions of people salivating and ready to take up the leadership mantle in these most prestigious companies

Last edited:
Surprisingly in all this jubilation, no mention of the supposed racial discrimination in America, which inhabits a bunch of other threads.

Surprisingly in all this jubilation, no mention of the supposed racial discrimination in America, which inhabits a bunch of other threads.

hi

still racial country america...better than caste based discrimination.....especially in private sectors...

For people who have had secure jobs in Government all their life, where positional authority is not distinguished from influence & power, the achievement of Sundar will not mean much. His rise to top position at 43 (yes, it is the top position, one that matters to the investors and board of directors most) is a testimonial to Google's culture.

I have several friends who work at Google. It is very difficult to get into the company in the first place. Not only product results matter but results driven by categoric financial metrics matter for anyone in leadership role.

Often as part of succession plans large numbers of people are identified and groomed with successively complex assignments in most corporations.

Handing over the running of a 40+ billion dollar company is not a small thing. Usually the founders do not always make good CEOs. That is why during any acquisition, or when serious investors get involved the original team that created a product is moved aside to CTO and other such roles.

The metrics that one is held accountable is extraordinarily tough. Steve Ballmer of Microsoft had to leave after bad financial performance.

Sundar recently opened a worldwide IO conference with 2 million people in attendance from all over the world using Live stream to link people across the world.

The key products he directly managed, led and held accountable for financial results have reached billion plus users in each of the cases within a short time frame.

That kind of results is his source of power.

You can hear his vision in this youtube segment at least the first 10 minutes,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V-fIGMDsmE

He becomes a role model for large number of people in the world including Indians, and South Indians :)

For people who have had secure jobs in Government all their life, where positional authority is not distinguished from influence & power, the achievement of Sundar will not mean much. His rise to top position at 43 (yes, it is the top position, one that matters to the investors and board of directors most) is a testimonial to Google's culture.

I have several friends who work at Google. It is very difficult to get into the company in the first place. Not only product results matter but results driven by categoric financial metrics matter for anyone in leadership role.

Often as part of succession plans large numbers of people are identified and groomed with successively complex assignments in most corporations.

Handing over the running of a 40+ billion dollar company is not a small thing. Usually the founders do not always make good CEOs. That is why during any acquisition, or when serious investors get involved the original team that created a product is moved aside to CTO and other such roles.

The metrics that one is held accountable is extraordinarily tough. Steve Ballmer of Microsoft had to leave after bad financial performance.

Sundar recently opened a worldwide IO conference with 2 million people in attendance from all over the world using Live stream to link people across the world.

The key products he directly managed, led and held accountable for financial results have reached billion plus users in each of the cases within a short time frame.

That kind of results is his source of power.

You can hear his vision in this youtube segment at least the first 10 minutes,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V-fIGMDsmE

He becomes a role model for large number of people in the world including Indians, and South Indians :)
hi

thanks for youtube....may be APARNA next....from google now....

Sundar may be a role model for indian americans and tamil iyengars [iyengars appreciate and are jealous also of iyengars anywhere doing well.by the way I am an iyengar.].

Others indians do not really care,

Hey the gene theory works!

Did you need proof?

I did not need it.

Good that you remember the theory. You can not forget it even if you try.

And where is Renukaji?

LOL.

For us Iyengars achievements are so common that I completely forgot the theory untill i saw your post. Howzaat?

LOL.

Last edited:
Sundar may be a role model for indian americans and tamil iyengars [iyengars appreciate and are jealous also of iyengars anywhere doing well.by the way I am an iyengar.].

Who will be jealous of Iyengar; definitely not Iyers? Please tell.

Consistency among Iyers is quite high.

ABC of Sundar Pichai here

A young Sundar with his parents

sundar-pichai-then-and-now.jpg

http://justiitians.com/the-abcs-of-sundar-pichai-googles-new-ceo/

I too, genuinely feel proud & happy that he is an Iyengar ( his Grand mas name is Mrs Renganayaki, typical Iyengar, living in West Mambalam.
A.Srinivasan

May be the Genetic theory....

During my college days, once I participated in an oratorical contest at National College Tiruchy.
There students said that Srirangam town is full of Iyengars ....and
Iyengar boys are most intelligent: and girls are most beautiful........

May be the Genetic theory....

During my college days, once I participated in an oratorical contest at National College Tiruchy.
There students said that Srirangam town is full of Iyengars ....and
Iyengar boys are most intelligent: and girls are most beautiful........

hi

may be correct....i heard that iyer boys with iyengar gals are best GENETIC combination....just hear the music.....iyengar veetu azhage....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZniuwjEah-E

Last edited:
we can send plane loads of such people in india to US or any other place they are admired or cherished.

No sense in holding on to people we cannot use.

Those we have will build our country at a speed we are comfortable with.

what matters is gross national happiness not growth of a few super performers.

You probably are clueless when it comes to understanding how a country builds itself in a global economy with global share holders and global customers.

No one sending 'plane loads' - your hatred to Indians in other country shows in the expressions you use in your posts. Perhaps your visa application to USA got rejected.

Speak only for yourself not for any 'Other Indians'. You are putting down groups - very tasteless post. I think you should go back to gender relation and match making posts. This is not your cup of tea

we can send plane loads of such people in india to US or any other place they are admired or cherished.

No sense in holding on to people we cannot use.

Those we have will build our country at a speed we are comfortable with.

what matters is gross national happiness not growth of a few super performers.

It need not be Tata or Bata Cheta! Any Hindustan ka beta can be a super Performer - if there is no Quota! That is the take home message for Netas!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back