• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All:

Sometime back I wrote that Steve would beat cancer and live for a long time...

I waited and watched...now I look around, and Steve is gone..

Though most of us didn't meet him, we all somehow feel a part of our family is gone...snatched away prematurely..

His Commencement Speech at Stanford in 2005 is very poignant and very thought-provoking; an intensely private person, he opened up a little bit and talked about Death, his Life and his Journey etc...

Steve, I salute you for all that you did... you kindled the imagination of billions of people. The world will miss you for a long long long time.

More on Steve: http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/steve-jobs-an-unexpected-appreciation/

Cheers.

Last edited:
I agree with Amala - do not wish to speak ill of people who left us.

There is no doubt that he changed the IT world.

However, it is sad, that Jobs wasn't charitable as he could have easily been. Ofcourse, this is not because warren or Bill is doing it - but just because he has enormous wealth (read somewhere 8 billion/year profit) than a normal person's needs to 'live'. If I can give 10Rs (based on my capacity) to poor, I would quite naturally expect him to give atleast several 100's more to poor because his capacity is huge.

Philosophically, it would have atleast benefited the poor as obviously he didn't take all this wealth to his grave. This is why I do things that I can think of like - being an organ donor and advise my family to do the same.

I have the least intention of speaking ill of any one - alive or dead.

The whole world would indeed remember Steve for his significant contributions to this world. He achieved great things in a short time. I too have very high regard for him. But what I do want to highlight is the need to share our prosperity (I do not say just money but rather prosperity!) with the less privileged; the need to make a diference in poor man's lives. The rich would survive somehow with or without IPad. The poor has only one tune and that is defenitely not ITunes.

Last edited:
... But what I do want to highlight is the need to share our prosperity (I do not say just money but rather prosperity!) with the less privileged; the need to make a diference in poor man's lives. The rich would survive somehow with or without IPad. The poor has only one tune and that is defenitely not ITunes.
Siva, it feels strange to see something to the left of what I normally write :).

I have no idea what Jobs was worth and what his Will says. Perhaps we are jumping our guns a little.

Cheers!

Naraji,

I do not understand what you mean by, "it feels strange to see something to the left of what I normally write".

btw, this morning, Raja and Bharathi Bhaskar were discussing about Steve Jobs in SUN TV. Raja made a statement that all great men in the world are either of Indian origin or are connected in one way or the other with India. I could not help laughing at it. Wishful thinking?

A small correction, the mouse was designed by the Xerox researchers, Jobs took their design and made it an integral part of computing.

What Jobs giveth, Jobs also taketh away. Where is the mouse on the iPod/iPad?

Actually that was also his hallmark: killing his own creations when room had to be made for something new.

And more on the great unvarnished Steve Jobs:
It is ironic for Steve Jobs to go ballistic against Android. After all, the two fundamental innovations Apple is wrongly credited, (i) graphical interface and (ii) mouse, both were developed by Xerox.

Android is simply a better operating system compared iOS -- not that I think Google lives up to its publicity-minded creed to not do evil. For all its hype as being user-friendly, my wife, not one known for computer savvy but one who started her mobile life on an Android phone, hates her new iPhone.

Cheers!

Sorry to revive this, but just read this article and thought to share.

Weblink

If you have time, one can read some of the comments for that article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back