• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

State of Brahmins and Politics in Tamilnadu

cs19844

With the advent of EVR (or Periyar) TN had witnessed a continuous rebellious movement for the past fifty years. DMK, who claim to be followers of EVR, had done considerable damage to the religion and society by having some crazy moves against brahmins. One of the important setback to the brahmins is super-heavy reservation system where state government insititutes and state government jobs still have 80% reserved seats. Even the film industry in the past three decades had some hidden agenda against brahmins although they were not quite apparent.

DMK is a purely leftist party with the following intentions:
  1. Communism
  2. Anti-National, in fact, champions of a separate tamil country.
  3. Anti-Hindu Religion
  4. Anti-BJP
  5. Anti-Brahmin

DMK is a radical / extremist group against the mainstream and they do not have any ideology. They sustain by rebelling against the established system without any foresight or constructive manifesto.

On the contrary ADMK is formed by MGR and people voted mainly for his charm & his film stunts. Neither did he had any motive or thoughts towards the growth of TN. When JJ took over as the ADMK chief, her motive was clearly against every move of DMK, in particular, karunanidhi. ADMK also has its roots of Periyar and Anna but their main motive is everything against DMK. So their due course of actions transformed into more anti-DMK and hence more into right wing actions towards religion, anti-communism and with capitalist attitude which qualified them to be a right wing party. ADMK which was once heavily corrupt was still preferred by the people mainly for the reason that people had no other options than choosing between corrupt and extremism. I do endorse the choice of electing a corrupt politician compared to an extremist.

Right now the political state of affairs is more or less - left vs right. With leftist more on secret agenda of communism, anti-national, anti-religion, anti-brahmin & pro-EVR and right wing existing with the sole motive of being against the leftist thereby their actions becoming more right oriented. People cannot vote for any other party other than these two mainly for one and only reason - Hindi imposition by the centre, be it BJP or Congress, which in my opinion is again justified.

Case of Brahmins:

Brahmins have an illusion of setback for two main reasons, firstly they are curbed of opportunities due to reservation and secondly they cannot represent in politics. Jayalalitha as a Brahmin, a successful CM in addition to growing number of poilticians like H Raja and S ve Shekar quashed the second illusion. Coming to the first illusion, reservation of 80% in State institutes and state government jobs is still not a bad deal for brahmins mainly because we constitute only 5-8% of the population and there is 20% of open category. All the brahmins in present day are no way interested in state government jobs as the private jobs / central government jobs are more lucrative. In education, brahmins still have plethora of options in private and central institutes and also to good extent of state government institutes. Considering all the scenarios above the demand is certainly more than the supply of brahmins.

Hard-core leftists make a lot of noise through hate-speeches either in Facebook or real-life propaganda's, which is quite bothering to us yet there is no single incident of any confrontation between leftists and brahmins in real-life. Also you should note that majority of the people are not leftist, though they remain silent, treat with respect and give cultural importance to brahmins.

In other words, India do provide "best it can" for possible growth and life to brahmins.

The recent move to give reservation to economic weaker section including forward caste and other religions is

expected to favour brahmins.

This is likely to encourage merit in educational institutions and jobs.

Slowly the Mandalists, other reserved categories are going to lose their clout after win of Modi and they face a

bleak future.

I think reservation policy has run its course and now meritocracy will receive more attention.

With the advent of EVR (or Periyar) TN had witnessed a continuous rebellious movement for the past fifty years. DMK, who claim to be followers of EVR, had done considerable damage to the religion and society by having some crazy moves against brahmins.

In other words, India do provide "best it can" for possible growth and life to brahmins.

Referring to Big River by name is banned in this Forum

Chakaravarthy Rajajagopalachari, who was a Brahmin, was the first Chief Minister after formation of Madras Legislative Assembly Elections in 1952.

And everyone keenly watching politics since last few decades, will admit that he never promoted any Brahmin.

After him, in 1991, a Tamil Brahmin Aiyengar, JJ became the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and was CM of Tamil Nadu for four or five terms. And she also never promoted any Brahmin.

We had R.Venkataraman, who was President of India between 1987 to 1992

IMO, Politics is not the cup of tea for Brahmins though we have some leaders like Mani Shankar Iyer, Subramania Swamy, etc who have shot into prominence.

ADMK, aligning with BJP now, is not going to anyway help Brahmins regaining their ground in Tamil Nadu

By the way, why should one wish to be in politics, all Brahmins don’t aspire politics in other words power

Most of them wish to lead a very simple and peaceful life.

But, we should NOT forget our ancient Political Scientist and author of ‘Artha sastra’ Chanakya, ( a power behind the throne.)

Among us there may be lot of Chanakyas of such caliber, competence, ability, etc

There are unsung Hero’s.

Last edited:
Referring to Big River by name is banned in this Forum

Chakaravarthy Rajajagopalachari, who was a Brahmin, was the first Chief Minister after formation of Madras Legislative Assembly Elections in 1952.

And everyone keenly watching politics since last few decades, will admit that he never promoted any Brahmin.

After him, in 1991, a Tamil Brahmin Aiyengar, JJ became the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and was CM of Tamil Nadu for four or five terms. And she also never promoted any Brahmin.

We had R.Venkataraman, who was President of India between 1987 to 1992

IMO, Politics is not the cup of tea for Brahmins though we have some leaders like Mani Shankar Iyer, Subramania Swamy, etc who have shot into prominence.

ADMK, aligning with BJP now, is not going to anyway help Brahmins regaining their ground in Tamil Nadu

By the way, why should one wish to be in politics, all Brahmins don’t aspire politics in other words power

Most of them wish to lead a very simple and peaceful life.

But, we should NOT forget our ancient Political Scientist and author of ‘Artha sastra’ Chanakya, ( a power behind the throne.)

Among us there may be lot of Chanakyas of such caliber, competence, ability, etc

There are unsung Hero’s.
Dear Sri Srini,
I agree with the points raised in your message. Brahmins as a class, always did service for a cause, not for the community. Even today only in Tamil Nadu certain political class in the fear of losing their position and power prevent Brahmins to compete with them in the name of Caste. Otherwise I have not come across any member of other community showing hatred towards me because of a Brahmin. Even today (apart from my relatives) my close friends are from other communities.

As one living in Karnataka for more than half century, I enjoy the respect and warmth of the native people of this wonderful state. My paternal Grand father and family settled down in Anantapur, (Andhra) in fact my father was born in Adoni and brought up in Rayalaseema.
They were never discriminated for their Language or Caste.
It is my view that we need not react to negative politics, instead always do our best to improve the quality of others who are underprivileged than us.
We can do this without entering Politics.
It is my request and hope that we who still identify as a Brahmin, should continue to serve all as said in the following prayer:

स्वस्तिप्रजाभ्यः परिपालयंतां न्यायेन मार्गेण महीं महीशाः ।
गोब्राह्मणेभ्यः शुभमस्तु नित्यं लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनोभवंतु ॥
(Meaning: May the well-being of all people be protected by the powerful and mighty leaders with law and justice.
May success be with all living beings and learned scholars, May all in the world become prosperous.)

Regards,

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Sri Srini,
I agree with the points raised in your message. ....

As one living in Karnataka for more than half century, I enjoy the respect and warmth of the native people of this wonderful state. My paternal Grand father and family settled down in Anantapur, (Andhra) in fact my father was born in Adoni and brought up in Rayalaseema.
They were never discriminated for their Language or Caste.
May success be with all living beings and learned scholars, May all in the world become prosperous.)

Regards,

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.
in states other than TN there were never anti-brahmin sentiments. people of other castes either revered/venerated brahmins or were indifferent/insensitive to caste identities.

in TN the so-called rationalist movement with the term 'dravida' inappropriately attached to it to deceive the gullible TN public with guile intentions, to garner votes and win elections, in later years got its scope extended to brahmin-hate and assumed an anti-brahmin stance. this again for reasons till date seldom provided by any of the so-called dravidian convincingly.

however this has not hindered brahmins from progressing nor from sparkling in politics. whoever among brahmins chose politics, though little in number, indeed shone and made an impact and were in the limelight.

Just saw the oath taking ceremony of PM Modi and his council of ministers...What was unthinkable during UPA regime has happened. A community which has been discriminated for the last 100 years have given given voice!! A very talented ex Foreign Secretary and Iyer, Subramaniam Jayashankar and Iyengar Nirmala Sitharaman (Ex Defence Minister) have joined the Cabinet....Koti Namaskaram to our Honourable PM Shri Modi..God bless him with a long and healthy life! He should continue his yeoman services to the nation for a long long time!!

Brahmins in olden days were always pious, not selfish and cared for society more, it slowly changed once british gave position and as this is kaliyuga bound to happen.
Brahmins were the first to oppose vidhesi rule starting to oppose greek rulers from acharya vishnugupta(Chanakya). Even the Islamic invasion was opposed by hakka bukka raya under the tutelage of vidyaranya who became PM to advise the kings. Now people don't want to involve and getting away from this denigration.
Matter of time, people understand India's culture. TN media is heavily influenced by Marxist influencer who never speak truth and always make trivial issue as important. movies are further propagating this, but historically TN people are always believe in god and temple goers, in some time, TN will regain its saffronisation, for that narrative needs to be set, starting from removing the EVR narrative that he was a reformer

Latest ads

Back