• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sri Satyanarayana Pooja in Tamil

Further to my comments yesterday, on further reading the contents of the very interesting Sri Sathya Narayana Puja booklet provided by Sri Praveen, the following peculiarities struck me:-

Item 3 Poojaarambham - No mention of dharma-pathni (wife) participating, which is essential for all such important functions.

Item 6 Sri Mahaaganapathi samgraha puja - Again, no mention of pathni holding dharppams touching kartha's (husband's) shoulder during sankalppam. (Or her release later, either.)

Item 7 Sathyanaaraayana puja sankalppam - "dharma-pathni sametha" is clearly enunciated. But no indication of her actual participation in any way throughout the proceedings. Even at archana or manthra-pushppam stages.

Same item Page 7, last para - wording should be "thathangam aadithyaathi navagraha poojaam cha indraathi sapthadasha lokapaalaka pujaam karishye."

Item 11 Navagraha pooja - navagraha sooktha manthrams are omitted in the dhyaana-aavahana manthrams, contrary to normal practice. Same with the lokapaalakaas.

Praana Prathishta, Page 13 middle - No instructions given for vital gestures accompanying "aavaahitho bhava...... varatho bhava."

Again, please let me stress that above observations are not intended to criticise the text, the booklet, or its author. They are merely expressions of my surprise at what appeared to me to be significant departures from normalcy.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Dear Swasthika

Appreciate your kind words. You are most welcome to perform the Sri Sathyanaaraayana pooja with your family in the traditional manner.

Please note that the very first naama in the Vishnu ashtothra naama-vali is:-

ஓம் அச்யுதாய நமஹ

Aasheervaathams

ஓம் நமோ பகவதே வாஸுதேவாய !

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Hello to all the members of TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Very pleased to be a member of this group and hope to pick up
lot of useful knowledge relating to our community.

Good wishes

Sudha S Raghavan

Thank you for this upload! Only yesterday (03 Dec 2017) I was fortunate enough to perform the Satyanarayana Pooja at a nearby Sai Temple, and today I have possession of the book!

I am delighted to be in this forum ;the useful things like the booklets on slokas, devotional items are all downloaded by me . At times the logging on to the site becomes a problem due to certain hitches in password settings since I forget the PW. But the site is very useful to me. Thanks and keep it up.

Hi all.I am vsvenkatesan from chennai.Become member recently.I would like to Thank Mr.Praveen for his compling of Sri SathyaNarayana Pooja Which is Useful to all.
Thanks & Regards
vsvenkatesan

Latest ads

Back