• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sri Chakra Yantram in Oregon(USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref# 21, how do you know the Sanskrit words actually did not come from Tamil / Dravidian languages ?
well, if one asks how do y know Devi Sita was the wife of Lord Rama, how do y feel! it is a well known fact that sanskrit is the mother language whether one agrees or not - srinivasan

How is it a well known fact that Sanskrit is the mother language - can you pl provide logical proof ? Pl do not paste some statements like - "it is generally accepted by this world that ...." Nothing generally can be accepted unless "logically proven" even if the entire world sings in unison !. By the way, I am an Iyer & have said in many of my earlier posts that Sanskrit is our true mother tongue !. Having said that, I am not going to be part of any group that denies the rightful heritage of Tamil or for that matter any language !. My view is Sanskrit is a sister language of Tamil/Kannada & it is a Dravidian language !!

How is it a well known fact that Sanskrit is the mother language - can you pl provide logical proof ? Pl do not paste some statements like - "it is generally accepted by this world that ...." Nothing generally can be accepted unless "logically proven" even if the entire world sings in unison !. By the way, I am an Iyer & have said in many of my earlier posts that Sanskrit is our true mother tongue !. Having said that, I am not going to be part of any group that denies the rightful heritage of Tamil or for that matter any language !. My view is Sanskrit is a sister language of Tamil/Kannada & it is a Dravidian language !!
well I am happy to say I am also an Iyer. let us not fight over the languages. Dravidians themselves say Sanskrit is north indian language and mind you Jaykay767, you and I rather Iyers are branded by dravidians as north indians. we didnt accept that concept but that is the rule of the day. I have travelled all parts of India and everywhere, sanskrit is considered as mother language of all Indian languages. I dont mind in fact I welcome that tamil is used in temple rituals viz archana etc but whether you accept it or not, most tamilians particularly brahmins prefer sanskrit for that purpose - srinivasan

Sudeshwer –

I am not fightingon this issue. Nor am I interested to justoppose something the entire world has come to believe.

I am just correcting a long held perception aboutSanskrit. Pl note, Sanskrit was never found in North India, even Nehru says thisin his passage to India book! It was only found in South India & inscribedon the temples of South East Asia ! Vivekananda & Rabindranath Tagore bothspend decades in South India learning our scriptures & then propagating inthe North.

for me, Sanskrit is the language of the Gods & thisis the one we should use in our temple rituals. So, I do not support that ourtemple rituals should be done in any other language!

Having said this, my point is Sanskrit is closest toTamil & is also a Dravidian language. All linguists themselves agree that Sanskritis pronounced like Dravidian.

For eg, how does the foll Sanskrit slokam sound ? like Tamilor Hindi ? How do the individual words sound ? like Tamil or ?

“Suklam baradharam vishnum. Sasi varnamchathurbhujam. Prasanna vadanam dhyayeth. Sarva vighnopa shanthaye. AgajaananaPadmaarkam…”

“Mamo partha samastha durithakshaya dwara , SriParameshwara preethyartham ….”

“Yopam puspam veda
Puspavan prajavan pasuvan bhavati
Candramava Apam puspam
Puspavan, Prajavan pasuman bhavati
Ya Evam Veda”

So after you chant the above slokams, please tell me, isn’tSanskrit & Tamil sister languages? Do we need anyone, any researcher totell us otherwise ?

PS: You can refer to my earlier threads on history onmore extensive evidences incl. written inscriptions, etc to support thisconclusion.

Sudeshwer –

I am not fightingon this issue. Nor am I interested to justoppose something the entire world has come to believe.

I am just correcting a long held perception aboutSanskrit. Pl note, Sanskrit was never found in North India, even Nehru says thisin his passage to India book! It was only found in South India & inscribedon the temples of South East Asia ! Vivekananda & Rabindranath Tagore bothspend decades in South India learning our scriptures & then propagating inthe North.

for me, Sanskrit is the language of the Gods & thisis the one we should use in our temple rituals. So, I do not support that ourtemple rituals should be done in any other language!

Having said this, my point is Sanskrit is closest toTamil & is also a Dravidian language. All linguists themselves agree that Sanskritis pronounced like Dravidian.

For eg, how does the foll Sanskrit slokam sound ? like Tamilor Hindi ? How do the individual words sound ? like Tamil or ?

“Suklam baradharam vishnum. Sasi varnamchathurbhujam. Prasanna vadanam dhyayeth. Sarva vighnopa shanthaye. AgajaananaPadmaarkam…”

“Mamo partha samastha durithakshaya dwara , SriParameshwara preethyartham ….”

“Yopam puspam veda
Puspavan prajavan pasuvan bhavati
Candramava Apam puspam
Puspavan, Prajavan pasuman bhavati
Ya Evam Veda”

So after you chant the above slokams, please tell me, isn’tSanskrit & Tamil sister languages? Do we need anyone, any researcher totell us otherwise ?

PS: You can refer to my earlier threads on history onmore extensive evidences incl. written inscriptions, etc to support thisconclusion.
I am very pleased to agree to disagree with you - srinivasan

And if youremove all the so called Sanskrit words from Tamil or the Dravidian languagesin general - Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Tulu, Koda, then none of the southIndians can speak at all !

No where inthis world do you have Tamil which is pre-Sanskrit. for eg, people in FijiIslands talk a Pre-Ramayanam Tamil, Sanskrit, Telugu languages there withoutany greek/latin words, but there is NO Tamil language /script to my knowledgewithout Sanskrit words !!

Because they (Sanskrit& Dravidian) are all the same language group & inter-borrowed thewords, construct, syntax & pronunciation !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back