• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Srarda Thidhi calculation

Namaskarams
My wife expired on 1/11/19 at 3am in Pollachi , near coimbatore . Thidhi is as per sastrigal Chathurthi. I have a doubt of Panchami . Could it be possible for any one to clarify please
Regards . Krishna Sharma

Sukla Paksha Panchami begins at 01.01 am. So, technically it it is Panchami. However, please follow what your Sastrigal says.

R.Ramaswami

What Mr.Ramaswami said is correct according to the Digganita Panchangam which is based on astronomical calculations. However, according to the traditional panchangam following Surya Siddhanta, Chaturthi tithi ended at 3:57am. So, your sastrigal was not wrong. It is up to you about which panchangam you follow but I suggest you go with your sastrigal.

Mr. Dixit, you are right about the day starting and ending at sunrise but for the purpose of performing abdhikams, the tithi at the exact time at death is the foremost point of consideration and not the day of death. The shraadha ceremony should be performed on the day when this tithi occurs in the afternoon (in the solar month of death). For other celebrations like janma tithis and the like, what you said holds true.
At least this is the practice among Iyers. I am not sure if Srivaishnavas follow it as well.

Latest ads

Back