• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Srarda Thidhi calculation

kittani

Namaskarams
My wife expired on 1/11/19 at 3am in Pollachi , near coimbatore . Thidhi is as per sastrigal Chathurthi. I have a doubt of Panchami . Could it be possible for any one to clarify please
Regards . Krishna Sharma

Namaskarams
My wife expired on 1/11/19 at 3am in Pollachi , near coimbatore . Thidhi is as per sastrigal Chathurthi. I have a doubt of Panchami . Could it be possible for any one to clarify please
Regards . Krishna Sharma
Sukla Paksha Panchami begins at 01.01 am. So, technically it it is Panchami. However, please follow what your Sastrigal says.

R.Ramaswami

athith

What Mr.Ramaswami said is correct according to the Digganita Panchangam which is based on astronomical calculations. However, according to the traditional panchangam following Surya Siddhanta, Chaturthi tithi ended at 3:57am. So, your sastrigal was not wrong. It is up to you about which panchangam you follow but I suggest you go with your sastrigal.

In Sanatan Dharma New day, starts from Sunrise to Sunrise. Panchami starts at 1.02 AM (1/11/19). However, as per astrological calculation, the day is still 31/11/19. The Tithi on 31/10/19 is Chathurti as it is present for larger part of the day. (Sunrise on 31/10/2019 to Sunrise 1/11/2119). Therefore the correct tithi is Chaturthi. Sasthrigal is right. This is the correct explanation and reasoning.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media