• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Spirituality Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravna

I will be writing articles on spirituality based on my understanding of spirituality mainly to create awareness of it. The website is nirguna.co.in
I will be posting any updates on it in this thread.

Kind Attn Shri sangom: Kindly let me know if the explanation of spirituality given on the site is useful. I request other members also to give their feedback.

I will be writing articles on spirituality based on my understanding of spirituality mainly to create awareness of it. The website is nirguna.co.in
I will be posting any updates on it in this thread.

Kind Attn Shri sangom: Kindly let me know if the explanation of spirituality given on the site is useful. I request other members also to give their feedback.

My dear Sravna,

The website (nirguna.co.in) is very nice and impressive. My appreciation and congratulations to you!

Coming to your explanation about 'spirituality', as you perhaps know by now, I have a few reservations and here are my comments.

The premise of individual soul or a jivatma, I feel, was put forward by our ancients mostly because they could not shake off the notion of an inner self, or, "individuality" in relation to the physical body; in other words, they could not completely wipe out the "ego" aspect and interpret the words viSvaM & viShNu in the vishnu sahasranamam in its true spirit.

I hold that the brahman which is all pervading, pervades every living entity and that there is no such thing as an individualized jivatma. It is this substratum of the all-pervading brahman which constitutes the spirit inside the body and gives rise to ideas like spirituality, etc. Once this idea is firmly understood, then it follows that for one who knows the brahman in this way, there can be no rebirth because the erroneous notion of the individual jivatma will be gone and it will be apparent that there is no such thing as rebirth and hence moksha follows automatically.

The above explanation of spirituality is materialism-neutral. It is the basic premise that the so-called spirit or the all- pervading bahman, cannot by Itself do anything without the material body. Hence, materialism is not at all incompatible with the 'spirit' or 'spirituality'. It is through materialism that the brahman manifests and this manifestation is also, perhaps, as "anAdyanta" as the brahman itself. It is that only very rarely do someone or something comes to understand the truth behind this (materialistic) manifestation. There is no need to think away from this world in order to know the spirit or spirituality.

Dear Shri Sangom,

Thanks for your compliments about the website! Yes you are right, we do differ on the philosophy but I think at least I have made it clear what I mean by spirituality when I use the term.

Thanks once again for replying.

Just wondering if would be willing to republish those articles here? The Scholarly section or the Experts corner is specifically for that.
Would you be interested?

Just wondering if would be willing to republish those articles here? The Scholarly section or the Experts corner is specifically for that.
Would you be interested?

Definitely Shri Praveen. I would be happy to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back