• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Spiritual group to solve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Renuka,

We are in the midst of unprecedented times. Time of lowest morality and extreme selfishness. To tackle this exceptional situation, spirituality is the need of the hour. Those who are comfortable in this situation, would resist stubbornly the change of status quo. It is a tall order trying to change the status quo but I think people would respond if they believe there is a superior force at work which they are oblivious of and that it would be to their detriment if they don't try to understand it and act in consonance with it.

We should try to adopt a long term vision in what we do and move away from aiming for instant happiness and success. This is what spirituality is all about. It equips you with the necessary foresight and helps you lead a truly peaceful life. Use of spiritual power is only the means but the real objective is to make people understand the benefits of spirituality and make them practice it for their own good.

Dear Renuka,

We are in the midst of unprecedented times. Time of lowest morality and extreme selfishness. To tackle this exceptional situation, spirituality is the need of the hour. Those who are comfortable in this situation, would resist stubbornly the change of status quo. It is a tall order trying to change the status quo but I think people would respond if they believe there is a superior force at work which they are oblivious of and that it would be to their detriment if they don't try to understand it and act in consonance with it.

We should try to adopt a long term vision in what we do and move away from aiming for instant happiness and success. This is what spirituality is all about. It equips you with the necessary foresight and helps you lead a truly peaceful life. Use of spiritual power is only the means but the real objective is to make people understand the benefits of spirituality and make them practice it for their own good.

Dear Sravna,

Most humans subscribe to the idea of God/Higher Power/The Force etc but yet nothing stops anyone from being sans ethics.

So where is the disconnect here?

Men are more afraid of their wives but not afraid to be unethical!LOL

Humans mostly act according to the dictates of their mind..God or any Higher Force has nothing to do with this.

We have the Free Will that is called the Mind.

Some of us are wired to be law abiding to reasons best known to us and others are wired to be the total opposite.

It has really nothing to do with spirituality or lack of it.

Dear Sravna,

Some of us are wired to be law abiding to reasons best known to us and others are wired to be the total opposite.

It has really nothing to do with spirituality or lack of it.

Dear Renuka,

Being not only law abiding but also conscience abiding are people who are nothing but naturally spiritual.There are others who are opposite. But people can deviate from the nature for worse or for better depending on the environment. All I want to happen is to make the environment better so that people become better and not worse.

Dear Renuka,

Being not only law abiding but also conscience abiding are people who are nothing but naturally spiritual.There are others who are opposite. But people can deviate from the nature for worse or for better depending on the environment. All I want to happen is to make the environment better so that people become better and not worse.

Dear Sravna,

I am very law abiding..I never break any rules but I do not think its linked to spirituality.

The reason I am law abiding is becos its easier on the mind...one does not have to think too hard to be law abiding...also no worries..cos we have done nothing wrong.

Not everyone can handle the consequences of breaking any rules or law.

Its simple logic and not spirituality.

BTW Sravna...since you believe in a Higher Power..hasn't the thought occurred to you that the Higher Power "allows" even chaos to happen...so why do you want to strive so hard to make the world a better place for you and me and the entire human race?

Do you feel that this gives you a sense of authority and control?

renuka said:
Do you feel that this gives you a sense of authority and control?

Dear Renuka,

It is exactly the opposite because sense of control stems from within and is independent of external factors. I am surprised that many don't take serious efforts for acquiring self control. So I think I can offer my own experiences as help for others.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

. I am surprised that many don't take serious efforts for acquiring self control. So I think I can offer my own experiences as help for others.

Dear Sravna,

I am not too fond of the word self control cos it almost indirectly implies that one is fighting an urge.

Self Control is just a forcing one's self to do something against one own's will.

I feel behaviour modification is what that is needed.

When we modify our behaviour we are introducing newer beneficial options so that the mind can latch on to it.

The human mind can not be sans stimulus.

Even silence can be deafening.

The trick is making the mind be "addicted" to a beneficial form of behavior.

The power of a nation depends on the well being of its citizens. People have to be physically and mentally healthy. Mentally and physically healthy people implies high productivity in jobs and a prosperous economy. Pressing problems will disappear. Thus for an all round improvement in the status of a country people have to be fit.

With the above as the rationale to solve the problems and to increase the prosperity of the nation, I plan to work on the physical and mental well being of people. I am now going to propose some tangible outcomes in the medium term. If the spiritual power is effective, we can hope to see the improvement in the general health of people and lower incidence of diseases both physical and mental in about 6 months. If a lot more join to accomplish the above objective, the effectiveness will be a lot more.

Let us use the spiritual power within us and watch out for the next few months on the outcome.

The power of a nation depends on the well being of its citizens. People have to be physically and mentally healthy. Mentally and physically healthy people implies high productivity in jobs and a prosperous economy. Pressing problems will disappear. Thus for an all round improvement in the status of a country people have to be fit.

With the above as the rationale to solve the problems and to increase the prosperity of the nation, I plan to work on the physical and mental well being of people. I am now going to propose some tangible outcomes in the medium term. If the spiritual power is effective, we can hope to see the improvement in the general health of people and lower incidence of diseases both physical and mental in about 6 months. If a lot more join to accomplish the above objective, the effectiveness will be a lot more.

Let us use the spiritual power within us and watch out for the next few months on the outcome.

Dear Sravna,

Have you read "Laws of the Spirit World" by Korshed Bhavnagari?

I feel you should read that book if you haven't read it yet.

I do not really believe everything written in that book cos at times one starts to wonder if it is just the delusion of a depressed mother who lost both her sons to a tragic accident and imagines that she is in contact with them from the spirit world but some parts on Karma does make some sense.

I feel you should read it and it would make understanding clearer on Karma..life etc.

Sravna..if you want to help someone..help him physically.

If we try to change the course of Karmic destiny of anyone with "spiritual powers"....its firstly totally impossible and the side effects of this is we ourselves will "fall" Karmically and accumulate "negative" Karma due to not respecting the laws of Nature.

Its 2016 Sravna...try to focus on the real world..its best for you and everyone else too.

In fact its totally not advisable to "invite" others to join you cos you are dragging everyone else besides yourself into a very dark unknown alley.

It is supposed to be "From Darkness to Light" and not "From Light to Darkness".

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

It is human nature to be fearful of something when we don't understand it properly. It is the same with understanding of nature. As long as we don't understand it properly we are either in awe of it or fearful of it. Once we make efforts to understand, the fear and misconceptions disappear.

It is better to have a spirit of inquiry than not making efforts to gain knowledge and be blissful in ignorance. Only in the case of the latter you live in a delusionary world.

Dear Renuka,

It is human nature to be fearful of something when we don't understand it properly. It is the same with understanding of nature. As long as we don't understand it properly we are either in awe of it or fearful of it. Once we make efforts to understand, the fear and misconceptions disappear.

Dear Sravna,

Have you wondered why even Avatars do not use your approach in dealing with problems in the world?

Dear Sravna,

Have you wondered why even Avatars do not use your approach in dealing with problems in the world?

Dear Renuka,

Can you say what my approach is? I want to know whether you have understood correctly what I say

Dear Renuka,

Can you say what my approach is? I want to know whether you have understood correctly what I say

Dear Sravna,

Your approach is the spiritual power approach where you prefer using spiritual power to "cure" all ills of any kind in the world within a small time frame.

I call this the Magic Wand Syndrome..that is you feel by using spiritual powers you can change the mindset of humanity overnite in a cult like fashion.

Dear Renuka,

You have only partially understood what I say. The magical world is the spiritual world. Physical world is a logical world. But the use of spiritual power is required when the logic becomes perverted. In such a case people totally stop believing in higher values. The use of power is more to jolt people back to reality and make them think that higher values may not be empty concepts.

From there on people need to be made aware in a logical way the truth of spiritual knowledge and how trying to practice disciplined thinking would benefit them in an immense way. It is finally people who have to think for themselves based on what is happening around them and understand what is true and what is not. Only that way the change can be natural and enduring.

The magic wand is used only when logic breaks down.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

You have only partially understood what I say. The magical world is the spiritual world. Physical world is a logical world. But the use of spiritual power is required when the logic becomes perverted. In such a case people totally stop believing in higher values. The use of power is more to jolt people back to reality and make them think that higher values may not be empty concepts.

From there on people need to be made aware in a logical way the truth of spiritual knowledge and how trying to practice disciplined thinking would benefit them in an immense way. It is finally people who have to think for themselves based on what is happening around them and understand what is true and what is not. Only that way the change can be natural and enduring.

The magic wand is used only when logic breaks down.

Dear Shri sravna,

Kindly read the highlighted (by me) sentences in your above post. That is the reau truth and no amount of waxing eloquent on 'spirit', 'spiritual', 'spiritual world', etc., will be of any use except in increasing the bulk of this Forum Archives!

While you are perfectly free to hold any kinds of notions about all these items like 'spiritual world', 'spiritual power', etc., the hard truth is there are no such things and all such notions are like young kids imagining themselves to be cartoon characters like Superman, Spiderman, Chota Bheem, etc., and getting into fatal situations doing foolhardy adventures.

I have one question. Why was it that you could not prevent, by using your so-called 'spiritual powers', the Chembarambakkam reservoir being opened when someone in the State Government thought of doing so?

Dear Shri sravna,

Kindly read the highlighted (by me) sentences in your above post. That is the reau truth and no amount of waxing eloquent on 'spirit', 'spiritual', 'spiritual world', etc., will be of any use except in increasing the bulk of this Forum Archives!

While you are perfectly free to hold any kinds of notions about all these items like 'spiritual world', 'spiritual power', etc., the hard truth is there are no such things and all such notions are like young kids imagining themselves to be cartoon characters like Superman, Spiderman, Chota Bheem, etc., and getting into fatal situations doing foolhardy adventures.

I have one question. Why was it that you could not prevent, by using your so-called 'spiritual powers', the Chembarambakkam reservoir being opened when someone in the State Government thought of doing so?

Dear Shri Sangom,

I am in touch with a reputed organisation for conducting a study on the existence and effects of spiritual energy. So you should understand unless what I talk is based on evidence I would not be foolhardy to proceed to prove spiritual power. Once the study is complete and results published, it will be out for all to see.

Last edited:
It is finally people who have to think for themselves based on what is happening around them and understand what is true and what is not. Only that way the change can be natural and enduring.

Agreed!

So where is the need to drag spirituality in this whole scenario when all a person has to do is observe,learn from mistakes, understand and improve.

Only Self can help Self.

This is pure logic...the only logic that is needed.

Agreed!

So where is the need to drag spirituality in this whole scenario when all a person has to do is observe,learn from mistakes, understand and improve.

Only Self can help Self.

This is pure logic...the only logic that is needed.

Dear Renuka,

I am not dragging spirituality. What you are saying is what spirituality is all about. Self learning from experiences. In addition spirituality offers knowledge which helps you to see the experiences in proper light. The final understanding of truth is done by self alone.

Dear Renuka,

I am not dragging spirituality. What you are saying is what spirituality is all about. Self learning from experiences. In addition spirituality offers knowledge which helps you to see the experiences in proper light. The final understanding of truth is done by self alone.

Dear Sravna,

Can you tell me how spirituality offers knowledge to see the experience in proper light?

Personally I feel many who adhere to an overdose of spirituality have no idea that all one needs to do is switch on the light!

I remember a story of sage and a man with Siddhic powers.

A man acquired Siddhic powers and was able to walk on water.

So he told the sage.."see I can walk on water and cross the river"

The sage replied"When I want to cross a river..I take a boat"

So Sravna..precious time is lost harping on spirituality when all one needs to do in life is to be practical.

Dear Sravna,

Can you tell me how spirituality offers knowledge to see the experience in proper light?

Personally I feel many who adhere to an overdose of spirituality have no idea that all one needs to do is switch on the light!

I remember a story of sage and a man with Siddhic powers.

A man acquired Siddhic powers and was able to walk on water.

So he told the sage.."see I can walk on water and cross the river"

The sage replied"When I want to cross a river..I take a boat"

So Sravna..precious time is lost harping on spirituality when all one needs to do in life is to be practical.

You miss the point Renuka. Nobody is born with all the knowledge to deal with all the situations. The experiences and insights of others can definitely be useful to us. We just have to mull over them when needed and learn. Spiritual knowledge was developed due to the deep intuition and experiences of people and has served people well to lead their life in a peaceful way. It would be foolish on our part to think that it serves no purpose and that only physically verifiable knowledge is useful

You miss the point Renuka. Nobody is born with all the knowledge to deal with all the situations. The experiences and insights of others can definitely be useful to us. We just have to mull over them when needed and learn. Spiritual knowledge was developed due to the deep intuition and experiences of people and has served people well to lead their life in a peaceful way. It would be foolish on our part to think that it serves no purpose and that only physically verifiable knowledge is useful

Dear Sravna,

Can you give me examples on how spiritual knowledge makes a difference in our lives?

For me I can safely say that by reading religious books over the years and even now has not really given me any deeper insight to life besides making me feel there is nothing finally that we can really know!LOL

My life goes on as usual..I was the same person before reading book..same person even now..nothing has changed...all I can say that may be I am a bit bolder but that could be due to aging itself where we are not afraid to voice our opinions.

I can easily give advice to others if asked but I would apply none to myself in testing times!LOL

So frankly speaking what difference does spirituality make?

Dear Sravna,

Can you give me examples on how spiritual knowledge makes a difference in our lives?

For me I can safely say that by reading religious books over the years and even now has not really given me any deeper insight to life besides making me feel there is nothing finally that we can really know!LOL

My life goes on as usual..I was the same person before reading book..same person even now..nothing has changed...all I can say that may be I am a bit bolder but that could be due to aging itself where we are not afraid to voice our opinions.

I can easily give advice to others if asked but I would apply none to myself in testing times!LOL

So frankly speaking what difference does spirituality make?

Well Renuka, my experience has exactly been the opposite. It has made all the difference to my life . Without the solace that spirituality offered, my life would have gone to ruins. I am not quite sure why it does not make a lot of difference in some people's lives. One reason I can think of is that many feel they are happy the way they are and do not want any change and so do not sincerely try to practice spirituality. I am sure they miss a much higher quality of life. Eventually people cannot be made to understand through logic. It is experience and the right interpretation that can produce the results.

Word Spirituality , in reality cannot be easily explained, to make others to feel the way one feels. Secondly. it is the beliefi like every thing else that counts these abstract words are not intended to be argued either way, because the mind of a person whoever he/ she may be, is his own ---- no one should think that it can be changed ? Nature of a person rarely changes & influencing the same or imposing creates Bad taste. Allow the world to move in its own pace because every one has knowledge of his own & as experience develops one develops a conviction like Mr. Srinivasa Vaidya raman & the other like Our active Lady Doctor of this Forum, who usually analyse the Topic in a different angle/ view which contradicts the opinion of the person started the Topic & does not lead to unification of thoughts

A.Srinivasan.

Well Renuka, my experience has exactly been the opposite. It has made all the difference to my life . Without the solace that spirituality offered, my life would have gone to ruins. I am not quite sure why it does not make a lot of difference in some people's lives. One reason I can think of is that many feel they are happy the way they are and do not want any change and so do not sincerely try to practice spirituality. I am sure they miss a much higher quality of life. Eventually people cannot be made to understand through logic. It is experience and the right interpretation that can produce the results.

Dear Sravna,

I have to agree that solace is sought by almost all humans in some form or the other..some seek God....some seek charity work & Seva and some also seek solace in wine.

It is becos when we have some form of solace the mind most problems faced seem lighter to us.

I have experimented with this myself..I used to be a person who used to utter the name of God very easily when I am happy or even sad but one day I decided to stop that to experiment how I feel.

When I was facing some problems I did not call out for God and to tell you the truth..it was not easy..I felt a tremendous amount of stress for bottling up my feelings.

Then I understood the concept of God is like an anti depressant to the human mind.

Then I trained myself to try to adopt an approach if God is supposed to be in our SELF than depending on SELF too is the same as depending on God..that is we have to face challenges and problems by ourselves..well that was another experiment and again its not all that easy. But there is a limit the human mind can take.

Then the mind starts to seek help of others..like family...good friends and wise individuals etc cos the mind can not 100% be a Nirashraya(non dependent).

So what next? The SELF is us is not the only SELF...we humans are meant to be connected.

May be just treat the whole world as an extension of the same Universal Consciousness and live in it helping ourselves and others but at the same time accepting the fact that each one of us differs in our mindset and approach.

Just like Rishikeshan Ji said that I view topics from a different angle from the OP and that does not lead to unification of thoughts..he is 100% right cos even he said in his post that "Allow the world to move in its own pace because every one has knowledge of his own & as experience develops one develops a conviction"

Rishikeshan Ji himself has confirmed that unification of thoughts can not really exist becos each person's pace,knowledge,experience is different.

These are wise words worth remembering.

The best prayer for the world is still "Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu"

Simple and non complicated.

Last edited:
Due to stiff resistance from my own family and also other quarters for patent use of spiritual power , I have decided not to patently use it. But my goal remains a much better India and I will give my bit towards furthering that goal. Just like others I will do my prayers for the same.

Due to stiff resistance from my own family and also other quarters for patent use of spiritual power , I have decided not to patently use it. But my goal remains a much better India and I will give my bit towards furthering that goal. Just like others I will do my prayers for the same.

Dear Sravna,

I feel you have made the correct decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back