• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Soonyam and Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I am not angry. I only thought the stage of talking on certain personal experiences (which may instantly evoke awe, disbelief, laughter and ridicule) is yet to come in my life. I am not prepared for it.

Shri.Pannvalan,

The mod.Shri.Kunjuppu has also made you feel free to express this, in his previous post.. Im sure he would be protecting from awe/laughter/ridicule...

Regarding disbelief, I think we all need to face this, and take a call on this, and I think, every human need to face such situation to prove our point..

Im sure you would be ok with that.

pann,

what is ridicule? i think it is a weapon, that when hurled at others, comes to strike back at you multifold.

it takes all kinds to make up this world. personally, i do not think that venkat meant to be rude.

in the same breath, i agree, that given the tone with which we read notes, we consider them rude or callous.

how much more fun it would be, if we could inject some feelings into these letters. alas, not in this medium.

absence of which, should only urge us, to be more gentle with ourselves. after all, what did we do wrong? whom did we wrong?

nothing. nobody.

so, dear pann, nothing to be ashamed of or to be reluctant about, as i see it. you should be able to say what you wish, your stories here without any hesitation whatsoever.

otherwise, as moderators, we might as well be written off.

thank you.

ps..as the dad said to his son, on seeing him swallow a penny, "out with it"... :)

Soonyams and bad spells

Thank u, Kunjuppu.

I understand you all. I respect the feelings of everybody here. Likewise, please give me sometime so that I will convince myself first, before saying anything. I have to put to test some of my experiences, as some of them could be imaginary in nature.

When the Mother gives me 'go ahead' signal, I will open my mouth at an appropriate stage in my life. That stage is yet to come about, I personally feel.

I wish to repeat that none of my experiences is connected to soonyams and bad spells, but some unbelievable events on the positive side only.

absolutely pann!!

my error. i did meant to include 'narrate at your pace, in time and stanza'

take your time.

we are waiting to hear your tales. every story does have a tale behind it. does it not?

thank you.

Shri.Pannvalan,

Its my younger brother who used experience this ' AmuKku Pei' in our high school days, for which me and my mom and grandpa were quick to discount him, and make him as a laughable stock at home, in front of dad..

But then, off late, my mom to realised and understood the scientific part of it, just because of her doc bro said so..The same bro, now an IPS officer(my folks used to call him as dumbest in our family, who cannot even get an admission to professional college), still, predicts the sign of barking dogs and interprets dreams..

To every one's surprise,on the day of my father's cardiac arrest, 5Hrs ago, he called many of our folks and cautioned them, that, something bad gonna happen.. His dream was, my dad along with Mom's bro, were taking snap shots of the countryside&folks, with their fish eyed lens camera..

But then, still, even now, my mom dont agrees with him... When our folks gather, we still used to make fun of him as a 'Kizhi Jolsyier'..(fortune teller with parrot).. Interestingly, my mom joins us too, in ridiculing him..

Last edited:
Dear Sri Pannvalan Ji,

Thankyou for the note to me. It has been very interesting to read the responses here. Please i request you please share atleast a few of your experiences here. Please do not bother about what others think. I wish i too had such experiences, because i find it all very-very interesting, but have had none in my life so far.

I think you are very blessed to be able to have firm unshakable faith. It is not easy to be blessed as such, not all are blessed that way.

In my father's case, despite his haunted house experience in the 1970s, he remains somewhat agnostic but he is not a rationalist, is somewhat 'spiritual', but is not religious either (actually i find it difficult to understand him), he has remained a yoga fanat, has very strong intutions, tends to have a sharp tongue and openly criticizes those who refuse emergency surgeries during rahu kalam, yamagandam, was apolitical but did join bjp in the recent years (more to be a part of his friends group), says the social work makes him feel peaceful.

But somehow i feel he is not really peaceful with himself and the world around him at large...he is forever grumbling abt the crass attitude of ppl wrt hygiene, lack of cleanliness, superstitious ways of seeking a cure, he can't stand bribe-seeking people (quickly gets into an argument with those who expect a bribe, there are bribe-seekers who have called him a senile old man from an ancient world, etc, mum consideres dad a super-headache to manage).

Perhaps idealism creates too much of a conflict when it comes to living the real-day life, that it makes a wholesome faith in humanity and 'god' difficult as well...

PS: Sir, please do mention atleast one incident that changed your life and helped to affirm your faith in God. Has faith in god helped you to cope with 'idealistic' situations in life? Thanks much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back