• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Some silly, childish, selfish, amoral atheists and agnostics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamaka you wrote :

There is only one way you can get knocked down by Iswara.You know in Malaysia the local made car I drive is called ISWARA.

Just for Info:Names of made in malaysia cars models (made by PROTON)

Iswara
Satria
Perdana
Putra
Wira
Gen 2
Exora

Hi Renuka:

I have a joke for you -

There was a call for me... I took it, I heard

"This is Yama.. who's this?"

"Oh, Yama... this is Yamaka... what's up Man"

"You have a problem! People ask me to go and get you!"

" Oh, come on... I will keep the door open for you"

"No.. I just can't come near you... for you have Yama in you, Yamaka.....Bye, let me run for a cover - you are crazy. While everyone shivers to talk to me, you talk as though you are talking to your neighbor!!! Geeeeish"

Take care.

Y

Hi Renuka:

I have a joke for you -

There was a call for me... I took it, I heard

"This is Yama.. who's this?"

"Oh, Yama... this is Yamaka... what's up Man"

"You have a problem! People ask me to go and get you!"

" Oh, come on... I will keep the door open for you"

"No.. I just can't come near you... for you have Yama in you, Yamaka.....Bye, let me run for a cover - you are crazy. While everyone shivers to talk to me, you talk as though you are talking to your neighbor!!! Geeeeish"

Take care.

Y

Nice joke Yamaka,

You know Lord Yamaha and his Vahana do keep in contact closely..I heard they phone each other often.
I wonder if his Vahana's name is Yamaka. LOL!!!!

Last edited:
நாஸ்திகர் ஆஸ்திகர் என்பது ஒரு விதமான பிரிவு அல்லது நம்பிக்கை. கடவுளை அல்லது ஒரு நம்பிக்கையை பழிப்பது நாஸ்திகம் என்றால் எனது நண்பன் வைணவன் விஷ்ணு அல்லது தசாவதாரத்தில் உள்ளவர்கள் மட்டுமே கடவுள் மற்றவை எல்லாம் ஒண்ணுமில்லை என்பான். பிள்ளையாரை மட்டும் தும்பிக்கை ஆழ்வார் என்பான். பெருமாளை சேவிக்காமல் சாப்பிடமாட்டான். ஏகாதசி என்றால் துளசி யும் தண்ணீரும் தவிர வேறு எதையும் சாப்பிடமாட்டான்.
என்னுடன் ஒரு முறை தென் இந்தியா டூர் வந்தபோது மதுரை மீனக்ஷி கோவிலுக்கும் வரவில்லை தஞ்சை சிவன் கோவிலுகுள்ளேயும் வரவில்லை. திருச்சியில் மலை கோட்டை க்கு வந்தான் நாங்கள் எல்லாம் ஸ்ரீரங்கம் ரங்கனை சேவித்து விட்டு திருவனைகோவில்
சென்ற போது எங்களுடன் வராமல் திரும்ப ரங்கனை சேவிக்க போய் விட்டான். சிவன் பார்வதி முருகன் என்று எல்லா கடவுளையும் கிண்டல் அடிப்பான். நாங்க திரும்ப ராமன் கிருஷ்ணன் நு கிண்டல் அடிச்சா ஒரு வாரத்துக்கு பேச மாட்டான்.
விபூதி பாத்து என்ன நெத்தில சுண்ணாம்பு அடிச்ருக்கே ன்னு கிண்டல் அடிப்பான். Naamam நேர் கோடா நேர வைகுண்டதுக்கே வழி என்பான். செத்தா நீ கைலாசம் போவேன்னு சொன்னா எனக்கு வைகுண்டம் தான் போகணும் இல்லேன்னா நரகத்துக்கு போறேன் ன்னு சொல்வான்.
ஆமாம் இவன் நாஸ்திகனா இல்லே ஆஸ்திகனா சொல்லுங்களேன் ப்ளீஸ்.

Dear Mr. Krishnamurthy,

What do you think this man is? An Atheist or a theist?

Dear Mr. Krishnamurthy,

What do you think this man is? An Atheist or a theist?

suraj,

personallly i think this guy is a very nasty bigoted individual. i personally have no truck with such guys. kudos to HK for keeping him a friend.

compared to the said vishnu, our resident atheist Yamaka, Nara, agnostists Sangom, Subbud and deeply erudite Happy Hindu are gentlemen, gentle lady and gem of human beings.

this guy gives us theiests a bad name.

suraj,

personallly i think this guy is a very nasty bigoted individual. i personally have no truck with such guys. kudos to HK for keeping him a friend.

compared to the said vishnu, our resident atheist Yamaka, Nara, agnostists Sangom, Subbud and deeply erudite Happy Hindu are gentlemen, gentle lady and gem of human beings.

this guy gives us theiests a bad name.

hi K sir.
our reident atheists are nice human beings......well said...nice joke too...i agreed....so what about non resident atheists? i think Nara

knows well this proverb in tamil......அரங்கனே கண்ட கண்களால் கான்போனே மற்றொன்டே ......யானை மிதித்தாலும் சிவன் கோவிலில் செல்லாதே ....நான் சொன்னது சரி தானே ...
இது எப்படி இருக்கு?

regards
tbs

Last edited:
Dear Yamaka,

You have done well in material aspects of life. But why do you bring in God concept into the picture? Is it your case that you are successful only because you are an atheist? There are many other theists also who have done well in life and yet they believe in the existence of God. You have mentioned about your success in life earlier also. Are you secretly wondering whether you deserve all these successes? You have said "You see, my life experience is very rich and inspirational...". Inspiration is for others to take. May be your children have taken inspiration from your life and may prove to be great successes in their life as they live it. I have this slogan prominently displayed on my study table: "If you are so intelligent why are you not the richest man in this country?" I don't mean any offence. Take it easy. You have many people around who have experiences similar to yours and more, living quietly not wanting anything more.

Cheers.

Dear Raju:

You are very kind and considerate - for I expected choicest words surpassing the Title of this Thread!

"I have this slogan prominently displayed on my study table: "If you are so intelligent why are you not the richest man in this country?" I don't mean any offence."

Unfortunately, I was not going after money per se... I was going after Social, Political and Economic Freedoms...I hope you can understand what excites me the MOST... not money, for sure.

1. I used to write regularly to the White House about the issues of the day in the US... to my surprise I got reply back from President Clinton with his Original Signature twice... when my FIL a Religious Supramacist, a TB came to know of it, he wanted to see the Letters from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave!!!

With astonishment he read the Letters several times, and he murmured under his breadth "This is unbelievable for a kid from the remotest village from Ramnad Taluk!"

That I cherished a lot far more than making a killing in the Stock Market!! You may say "Oh,, what a big deal? Where's the billion$?".

2. A few days ago, my Sweet and Smart wife - a Trichy TB - asked me "Hi Big Mouth, how much did we lose in the last few days of Market Collapse?"

I replied, "Honey, I don't know... probably 5% Year To Date, what a big deal? We will have plenty and more when we retire, sleep well, my dear!"

You see, for me, money per se is just NOTHING... it's the Journey that matters... and the DESTINATION is but secondary.. I cherish all the Freedoms more dearly!

3. When my physician Dr. AH asked me "Y, what's the Magic that you could send both your kids to Elite Universities paying full tuition? Teach me the Magic, please!"

I tell him, "Doc, very simple - please spend about 2 hours with each kid every night (for his homework) for 13 long years, and everything will fall in place. You save money for their education from day one"

Hard work is the Magic in my Life, if any.. Not the everlasting prayers to the non-existent Gods and Iswara!

Peace.

ஆஸ்திகம் நாஸ்திகம் ரெண்டுமே மனுஷங்களோட கண்டுபிடிப்புதான்.
நாம எல்லோருமே பொறக்கும்போது துணி கூட இல்லமே தான் பொறந்தோம்.
பொறந்த கொழந்தை க்கு தெரிஞ்சுது எல்லாம் இங்கா ன்னு கத்தான். வேற ஹரியும் தெரியாது ஹரனும் தெரியாது ஜீசஸ் தெரியாது அல்லா வும் தெரியாது. அந்த கொழந்தை வளர வளர சுத்து வட்டாரம் என்ன சொல்லுதோ அதை வெச்சு தான் எல்லாமே. அது வசதி யா இருந்தா கொழந்தயும் சரி ன்னு சொல்லும் வசதி இல்லேன்னா இல்லை ன்னு சொல்லும் அதுல பொறந்தது தான் இந்த ஆஸ்திகம் நாஸ்திகம் எல்லாமே.
ஒரு சின்ன உதாரணம் பாப்போமே.
கேரளா த. நா சில கோவில் போகும் போது ஆண்கள் எல்லாமே வெறும் வேஷ்டி மட்டும் தான் கட்டிக்கணும். மேல ஷர்ட் இல்லே பனியன் இல்லே. இதே rule ஜம்மு காஷ்மீர் ல கொண்டு வந்தா எல்லா ஹிந்து வுமே சாமி இல்லேன்னு தான் சொல்லுவாங்க இல்லே வேற மதத்துக்கு மாறிடுவாங்க. எனக்கு தெரிஞ்சு எந்த சாமி வேஷ்டி ய செலக்ட் பண்ணிதுன்னு தெரியல்லே. இப்படி பேசினா அவன் வெறும் நாஸ்திகன்ன்னு சொல்லுவாங்க.
என்னை பொருத்தமட்டும் எல்லாமே ஒரு வசதி தான் அந்த வசதி ஈசி ன்ன follow பண்ணுவோம் இல்லேன்னா விட்டுடுவோம். இத இன்னொருத்தர் கேலியும் கிண்டலும் பண்ணும்போது தான் இந்த வாதம் தொடங்குகிறது.
Am I கரெக்ட் friends

Dear Raju:

You are very kind and considerate - for I expected choicest words surpassing the Title of this Thread!

"I have this slogan prominently displayed on my study table: "If you are so intelligent why are you not the richest man in this country?" I don't mean any offence."

Unfortunately, I was not going after money per se... I was going after Social, Political and Economic Freedoms...I hope you can understand what excites me the MOST... not money, for sure.

1. I used to write regularly to the White House about the issues of the day in the US... to my surprise I got reply back from President Clinton with his Original Signature twice... when my FIL a Religious Supramacist, a TB came to know of it, he wanted to see the Letters from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave!!!

With astonishment he read the Letters several times, and he murmured under his breadth "This is unbelievable for a kid from the remotest village from Ramnad Taluk!"

That I cherished a lot far more than making a killing in the Stock Market!! You may say "Oh,, what a big deal? Where's the billion$?".

2. A few days ago, my Sweet and Smart wife - a Trichy TB - asked me "Hi Big Mouth, how much did we lose in the last few days of Market Collapse?"

I replied, "Honey, I don't know... probably 5% Year To Date, what a big deal? We will have plenty and more when we retire, sleep well, my dear!"

You see, for me, money per se is just NOTHING... it's the Journey that matters... and the DESTINATION is but secondary.. I cherish all the Freedoms more dearly!

3. When my physician Dr. AH asked me "Y, what's the Magic that you could send both your kids to Elite Universities paying full tuition? Teach me the Magic, please!"

I tell him, "Doc, very simple - please spend about 2 hours with each kid every night (for his homework) for 13 long years, and everything will fall in place. You save money for their education from day one"

Hard work is the Magic in my Life, if any.. Not the everlasting prayers to the non-existent Gods and Iswara!

Peace.

Dear Yamaka,

You are lost completely in yourself. A village boy still unable to get out of his awe at the successes which are normal for any one who puts in effort. I do not want to drag you out of that world. I only wish you and your family happiness. God bless you. I do not want to explain the poster that is there on my table. I give up.

Cheers.

பொறந்த கொழந்தை க்கு தெரிஞ்சுது எல்லாம் இங்கா ன்னு கத்தான். வேற ஹரியும் தெரியாது ஹரனும் தெரியாது ஜீசஸ் தெரியாது அல்லா வும் தெரியாது. அந்த கொழந்தை வளர வளர சுத்து வட்டாரம் என்ன சொல்லுதோ அதை வெச்சு தான் எல்லாமே. அது வசதி யா இருந்தா கொழந்தயும் சரி ன்னு சொல்லும் வசதி இல்லேன்னா இல்லை ன்னு சொல்லும் அதுல பொறந்தது தான் இந்த ஆஸ்திகம் நாஸ்திகம் எல்லாமே.
கேரளா த. நா சில கோவில் போகும் போது ஆண்கள் எல்லாமே வெறும் வேஷ்டி மட்டும் தான் கட்டிக்கணும். மேல ஷர்ட் இல்லே பனியன் இல்லே. இதே rule ஜம்மு காஷ்மீர் ல கொண்டு வந்தா எல்லா ஹிந்து வுமே சாமி இல்லேன்னு தான் சொல்லுவாங்க இல்லே வேற மதத்துக்கு மாறிடுவாங்க. எனக்கு தெரிஞ்சு எந்த சாமி வேஷ்டி ய செலக்ட் பண்ணிதுன்னு தெரியல்லே. இப்படி பேசினா அவன் வெறும் நாஸ்திகன்ன்னு சொல்லுவாங்க.
என்னை பொருத்தமட்டும் எல்லாமே ஒரு வசதி தான் அந்த வசதி ஈசி ன்ன follow பண்ணுவோம் இல்லேன்னா விட்டுடுவோம். இத இன்னொருத்தர் கேலியும் கிண்டலும் பண்ணும்போது தான் இந்த வாதம் தொடங்குகிறது.
Am I கரெக்ட் friends
I have a small request Could you please translate verbatim or please rewrite in Eng
Although I am a Tamilian I do not know to read and write Tamil but I can speak well

Am I கரெக்ட் friends

கேலியும் கிண்டலும் பண்ணினால் மட்டும் திருப்தி வரமாட்டேங்குதே? மற்றவனையும் தன்னைப்போல் தெய்வம் உண்டு என்று வலுக்கட்டாயமாகச் சொல்லவைக்கவேண்டியிருக்குதே! அது தான் எல்லா குழப்பங்களுக்குமே தொடக்கம்.

A true Atheist or Etheist will not force his beleif on others.
Once Periyar a well known Atheist refused to enter into Vadalur Ramalinga adigalars premises bcoz at the entrance there was a board telling No Entry for people who consumes Alcohol , Eats Non Vegetarian etc. Periyar a regular Non Veg refused to enter in saying that If I don't respect his word at his premises he will not respect my wordings at my place which I donot want. The thinking was clear and Loud.
You start preaching any one either Atheisism or Etheisism , but don't force it on others. All confusion will come to end.

The periyars , Annas kalaingars the kazhgam preached Atheism , not sure whether they sincierly followed it, bcoz it was giving them the comfort , the money , the fame ofcourse the power to rule a state.

Especially aginst Hinduism which was giving them bigger money and bigger followers bigger benefit.

They never used a wrong wording about other races bcoz there was no big profit.

You just watch Kalaingar after passing the comment Hindu means Theives, still could survive in a country where Hindus are majority and even he could win an Election ( Pl dont tell me that there is no Hindus in his constituency or only Non Hindus Voted him ) . Just imaginge Kalaingar using the same word against the races of majority in countries like Pak , Iran or any western country and continue to contest an Election and winning.

It is only money and the power man, nothing more than that.

Just imagine a person selling Prasadams Kungumam viboodhi etc in a famous centres like Palani Madurai Srirangam with a blank fore head and having a display of periyar ponmozhi in his premises. No way bcoz he cannot do any business, same way a person with either namam or viboodhi with poonal selling periyar's books in a public place in T.N.
Both of them wil be a flop.

A true Atheist or Etheist will not force his beleif on others.
Once Periyar a well known Atheist refused to enter into Vadalur Ramalinga adigalars premises bcoz at the entrance there was a board telling No Entry for people who consumes Alcohol , Eats Non Vegetarian etc. Periyar a regular Non Veg refused to enter in saying that If I don't respect his word at his premises he will not respect my wordings at my place which I donot want. The thinking was clear and Loud.
You start preaching any one either Atheisism or Etheisism , but don't force it on others. All confusion will come to end.

The periyars , Annas kalaingars the kazhgam preached Atheism , not sure whether they sincierly followed it, bcoz it was giving them the comfort , the money , the fame ofcourse the power to rule a state.

Especially aginst Hinduism which was giving them bigger money and bigger followers bigger benefit.

They never used a wrong wording about other races bcoz there was no big profit.

You just watch Kalaingar after passing the comment Hindu means Theives, still could survive in a country where Hindus are majority and even he could win an Election ( Pl dont tell me that there is no Hindus in his constituency or only Non Hindus Voted him ) . Just imaginge Kalaingar using the same word against the races of majority in countries like Pak , Iran or any western country and continue to contest an Election and winning.

It is only money and the power man, nothing more than that.

Just imagine a person selling Prasadams Kungumam viboodhi etc in a famous centres like Palani Madurai Srirangam with a blank fore head and having a display of periyar ponmozhi in his premises. No way bcoz he cannot do any business, same way a person with either namam or viboodhi with poonal selling periyar's books in a public place in T.N.
Both of them wil be a flop.
This reminds of another thing that I heard- It seems a certain CM of TN told that Pujas in Hindu temples shoudl be conducted in Tamil and the person who told me this said "why is it that the same CM did not insist the Payers of community of another religion shoudl also be told in Tamil"

How many eminent personalities who have declared themselves as Atheist in front of this world, really have/had believe in GOD, personally concealed within them for long? OR at least during getting close to their death?

Is there any proof of what they say/said in the public is the fact of their conscious? Can the facts about one's belief in GOD within their consciousness can ever be proved?

I want to make a few small edits (highlighted) and see how this statement would read:

How many eminent personalities who have declared themselves as Theist in front of this world, really have/had no believe in GOD, personally concealed within them for long? OR at least during getting close to their death?

Is there any proof of what they say/said in the public is the fact of their conscious? Can the facts about one's belief
or disbelief in GOD within their consciousness can ever be proved?

Cheers!

p.s. I don't want to get into polemics in the other thread...

I want to make a few small edits (highlighted) and see how this statement would read:

How many eminent personalities who have declared themselves as Theist in front of this world, really have/had no believe in GOD, personally concealed within them for long? OR at least during getting close to their death?

Is there any proof of what they say/said in the public is the fact of their conscious? Can the facts about one's belief

Cheers!

Thank GOD!!!! both of you have spared the agnostics!!!!!

Cheers!

Absolutely right!!! I presented one side and you did for the other side..

That's why, personal realization in true sense is must. Scientific theories and religious doctrine as a subject of study and as a matter of some achievement/fame/recognition/rigid rules of the religion etc. can not be universally accepted to consider existence or non existence of GOD.

Thank GOD!!!! both of you have spared the agnostics!!!!!

Can not say anything about the confused lots. Especially when they do prayers and visit temples carrying the sense of suspect about the GOD and (obviously) what they do in the name of GOD at home and in temples.

That's why I referred to Atheists in my other post and Shri Nara responded to it in his post #115 about Theists.

Agnostics are middle path takers and are largely out of controversial debate on "Existence of GOD", that is with contrary view points to derive a Single Answer/Truth.

who is the antagonist?

கேலியும் கிண்டலும் பண்ணினால் மட்டும் திருப்தி வரமாட்டேங்குதே? மற்றவனையும் தன்னைப்போல் தெய்வம் உண்டு என்று வலுக்கட்டாயமாகச் சொல்லவைக்கவேண்டியிருக்குதே! அது தான் எல்லா குழப்பங்களுக்குமே தொடக்கம்.

Theists can discuss about religion, god, spiritualism, rituals, superstitions and a host of other things without as much a mention about atheism.

Can atheists discuss anything without involving God and theists?

The very purpose of atheists arguing in this forum is to discuss the irrationality and/or duplicity of theists. Is it not?

In general, it is the atheists who want to "change" (for good, according to them) or "enlighten" theists and not the other way around.

Can not say anything about the confused lots. Especially when they do prayers and visit temples carrying the sense of suspect about the GOD and (obviously) what they do in the name of GOD at home and in temples.

That's why I referred to Atheists in my other post and Shri Nara responded to it in his post #115 about Theists.

Agnostics are middle path takers and are largely out of controversial debate on "Existence of GOD", that is with contrary view points to derive a Single Answer/Truth.

Agnostics are not a confused lot. An agnostic is someone who does not know if God exists and/or they believe its impossible to know if God exists. That is not the same as confused mind you.

... An agnostic is someone who does not know if God exists and/or they believe its impossible to know if God exists. That is not the same as confused mind you.
Amala, it seems not very many people clearly understand what these terminologies actually mean. To add to the confusion, some people use phrases like pseudo atheists, as if their self esteem depended on calling others pseudo something or other. Are there pseudo-theists, and who would they be, I wonder :).

Anyway, let us start with a brief definition of the terms -- google these terms for more information.

Theist - one who believes in the existence of a god(s), prayer, worship, etc.
Atheist - one who does not believe in the existence of a god or gods

(For the present let us ignore the deists, the ones who accept a god like power, but not one who cares about human affairs and/or defined by various religions.)

Gnostic - Comes from the Greek word gnosis, means knowledge
Agnostic - Lack or absence of knowledge

In the context of the present discussion, therefore, an Agnostic is one who firmly believes -- no confusion -- that we lack the knowledge to be definitive about the existence of god, especially a personal god.

Given this lack of definitiveness, some choose to lead a life of an atheist (like Sangom and to some extent adiyEn -- I like to think of myself as strong agnostic, i.e. even though we cannot be definitive, it is very unlikely that there is anything supernatural), and others may choose to live a life of a theist, like you Amala. The first group will be agnostic atheists and the later would be agnostic theists.

BTW, there is enough free space in this world for all of us to argue about these matters and also live happily with each other.

Cheers!

கால பைரவன்;91936 said:
Theists can discuss about religion, god, spiritualism, rituals, superstitions and a host of other things without as much a mention about atheism.

Can atheists discuss anything without involving God and theists?

The very purpose of atheists arguing in this forum is to discuss the irrationality and/or duplicity of theists. Is it not?

In general, it is the atheists who want to "change" (for good, according to them) or "enlighten" theists and not the other way around.

To me it depends on the marketing script of the Theists. If the script goes like this -

"God/Iswara is Omnipresent, All Knowing and Omnipotent. Without His Blessings Nothing Moves in this world", then Atheists are forced to say

"No, It can't be TRUE and REAL; all are Fiction manufactured by some MEN... Here are the Reasons.... blah.. blah".

On the other hand, if the script goes like this -

"In God We Trust... Hopefully Nothing Bad will happen to the world", then Atheists have nothing to say about this topic at all.

In most of India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Arabia etc the former script is dominant, while in the West the latter is the dominant script among the Theists.

Just my two-cents.

....In most of India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Arabia etc the former script is dominant, while in the West the latter is the dominant script among the Theists..
Well, Y, if USA is part of the West, then I cannot agree. GWHB declared atheists are not Americans. Let him be, but not a single (may be just one from Colorado, I am not sure, need to check) openly atheistic can get elected to congress -- even openly gay and openly Muslim is alright, but openly atheist, no no.

In contrast, there are many central ministers in UPA cabinet who are atheists. In-your-face atheist have ruled TN for a long time now.

So, I am not at all sanguine about the condition of atheists in the U.S. compared to atheists in India.

Cheers!

Gnostic - Comes from the Greek word gnosis, means knowledge

In the context of the present discussion, therefore, an Agnostic is one who firmly believes -- no confusion -- that we lack the knowledge to be definitive about the existence of god, especially a personal god.

Cheers!

It is all one kind of belief system or the other. There are many that do not fall into any of these classification.
Those are people who know from studying Vedas that Isvara has to be *understood* not believed !
The true vedantic person deals with ultimate reality there is ..
icon7.png

Amala,

BTW, there is enough free space in this world for all of us to argue about these matters and also live happily with each other.

Cheers!

Perfect!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back