• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Silver foils are not vegetarian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Jayashree,

I mentioned that we have discussed this topic in forum earlier. That's it.
PNKyj0ybT08FzA1aTgyfPSJTmMeivUcBwnmfGr6aqRAuZPyQFoT-sh9GWM6OBamv-R6atNgxykXgLMyzsdnYJVN29Tlb9ybaGfaP=s0-d-e1-ft

And did exactly what you have written - added update information because I was interested!

FYI, in Sing Chennai, many tambrams were upset, when the preparation of silver foils was disclosed in public
and many members in my family circle did some parihArams also. Mine was to do 101 thOppukaraNams! :decision:

After the enlightenment, I always say :nono: to silver foil topped sweets! :decision:

re ' Mine was to do 101 thOppukaraNams!

dear raji good lady, was the parihaarams, to seek redemption from a sin committed, albeit unknowingly? hope this made a difference.

having met you, never realized the depth of your faith. :)

To harvest honey, bees were killed and the bee hives taken away. This method is still followed in India by some tribal people.

In 1851 an American bee keeper found a method to harvest honey without killing the bees.

This video shows the modern method of honey production. Nice to watch!
How It's Made - Honey

re ' Mine was to do 101 thOppukaraNams!

dear raji good lady, was the parihaarams, to seek redemption from a sin committed, albeit unknowingly? hope this made a difference.

having met you, never realized the depth of your faith. :)
Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

You are right! Those thOppukarNams were a sort of 'punishing self', for the sin committed, though unknowingly!

Some of my faiths and beliefs are different! For example a couple of dresses I use for travel! :D

BTW, I happened to kill a few beetles from a coconut tree, which entered my room and disturbed, while I was preparing for my

Master's degree exam. Did the same type of parihAram, though I know that I shall be punished by God later! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back