• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Significance of Thirunamam.

I have heard the following in a kalashebam.
In adwaida , everything is maya , this world does not exist , it is only a maya. To come out of this maya you should cut the thoughts. To signify this the Network of thoughts are cut using Vibhuthi. Vibhuthi helps to cut the thought and it is applied in a direction that is perpendicular to the flow of blood

According to Vishitadwaidam , everything is Narayanan, to channelise the thought Srichuranam ( yellow/ red mark) is drawn towards upper plane. It tells that our thoughts should be towards GOD.

I have heard the following in a kalashebam.
In adwaida , everything is maya , this world does not exist , it is only a maya. To come out of this maya you should cut the thoughts. To signify this the Network of thoughts are cut using Vibhuthi. Vibhuthi helps to cut the thought and it is applied in a direction that is perpendicular to the flow of blood

According to Vishitadwaidam , everything is Narayanan, to channelise the thought Srichuranam ( yellow/ red mark) is drawn towards upper plane. It tells that our thoughts should be towards GOD.
That explains the significance of vibuthi and Thirunamam. My real dount being an Iyer and having perumal as KulaDeivam should i practice vibuthi or thirunamam when i sevichify perumal at his temple

Hello all
Need a clarification.
Am an Iyer and may kula Deivam is Thirupathi Perumal. I always get confused should i do a Thirunamam in the forehead (bcos my Kula Deivam is perumal) or do a Voboothi pattai bcos am an Iyer and not Iyengar.
With due respect to both just wanted to clarify the Thathpariyams of Thirunamam vs Viboothi pattai.
hi

just info... we belong to iyer with thirunamam.......we are called keethu namakkara iyers....my grand father

used to wear thirunamam....our kuladevam is perumal....thirupathi too....i wear vibhoothi sometimes...

not on regular basis.....we never use vibhoothi pattai/or vibhoothi with water...

I am an Iyer. My father and grandfather used to have Gopi on the forehead (small 'U' shaped mark). Kindly enlighten whether I can continue to have Gopi instead of Vibhuthi as other Iyers do.

I am an Iyer. My father and grandfather used to have Gopi on the forehead (small 'U' shaped mark). Kindly enlighten whether I can continue to have Gopi instead of Vibhuthi as other Iyers do.
hi

Gopi chandan is advisable......vibhuti is optional....

Latest ads

Back