• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

shuma irrkara shanga oodi keditana .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys..what the meaning ??? I am getting confused..what is Shanga oodi ..Is it some blowing the conch or what??

A sedate thread = the Good old sangu/ conch
oodhik keduppathu = participation by the loudmouths
ruining it in the process.
Got it now Renu???

Last edited:
Conch is used in 4 occasions as I know of..

1)Small conch used to feed infants with milk

2)Used during Pooja

3)Ancients used it during war

4)Used during funerals

I wonder any other use??

For begging for alms??

Last edited:
Are you refering to பாலோடை?
It has some resemblance, but wont make any sound

I know its some small shell with a long tail sorts..I didnt know its called பாலோடை..thanks for info.

Dear Arun Sir,

தமிழிலே அழகாத் தலைப்பு கொடுங்க; இல்லன்னா Thangish சரியாக எழுதுங்க!

சும்மா =
shuma !!!

இருக்கற = irrkara !!!

கெடுத்தானாம் = keditana !!!

Not only Renu.... We too needed a few seconds to understand what you mean!! :dizzy:

The Google transliteration of the topic as given by Mr. Arun =

ஷூமா இர்ர்க்கற சங்க ஊதி கேடிடன :wacko: :faint:

appologies to every one for creating one hell of a confusion.

my english is bad, and my tamil is worse, so bear with me !!!

Fiddling with something only to spoil it, would the right meaning i guess

case in point is the Medical check up people undergo, only to be pressurised by unethical practitioners to undergo surgeries, even in boderline cases, happens so often

Or just becasue someone recomended, you orderd for some modifciation to your house, only to spoil it much further !!!

I WAS LOOKING FOR SOME REALLY STUPID MISTAKES WE DO IN REAL LIFE, BUT WHICH HAS DEEP IMPACT ON US !

ANY ONE SOMETHING TO SHARE.

dear Mr. Arun,

I write about common people and the common mistakes they commit. They are in Tamil and appear in my thread "Life is like that!" in G.D.

Believe it or not, that thread became one of the hottest threads (and one of the two hot threads sustained by an individual).

So let the others share their experiences. I am already sharing mine since April 2011!

appologies to every one for creating one hell of a confusion.

my english is bad, and my tamil is worse, so bear with me !!!

Fiddling with something only to spoil it, would the right meaning i guess

case in point is the Medical check up people undergo, only to be pressurised by unethical practitioners to undergo surgeries, even in boderline cases, happens so often

Or just becasue someone recomended, you orderd for some modifciation to your house, only to spoil it much further !!!

I WAS LOOKING FOR SOME REALLY STUPID MISTAKES WE DO IN REAL LIFE, BUT WHICH HAS DEEP IMPACT ON US !

ANY ONE SOMETHING TO SHARE.

Dear Arun Sir,

Probably some of the members of this forum, including me :D, have made you feel the title of this thread already!

No problem Arun-u; It is only Fun-u!

Hope a few posts relevant to the topic will appear soon! Let me also think of a few episodes.
Probably, you may feel கிணறு வெட்ட பூதம் கிளம்பியது, after starting this thread! :scared:

Best wishes...

Mrs Ram, no I don't feel like the title of the thread !!!

I am here only for fun and not planning to miss out of any ! Unfortunately heavy stuff puts me off, so u can see more of my inane posts in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back