• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Should Khichdi be India's national dish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is your perception and understanding of the reality.

I do not agree with your perception.

I leave it at that.

Cool...as I said earlier I understand.

BTW this is not my perception or my own.understanding....I am.only echoing religious philosophy where eventually the Gunas have to be transcended.

Even in philosophies that call for total surrender to God..one has to drop everything finally..Ma Suchah.

Last edited:
Cool...as I said earlier I understand.

BTW this is not my perception or my own.understanding....I am.only echoing religious philosophy where eventually the Gunas have to be transcended.

Even in philosophies that call for total surrender to God..one has to drop everything finally..Ma Suchah.

I still maintain that your understanding is flawed.

This is not the religious philosophy.

The trigunas are always there. There is nothing good or bad about the gunas. The best course for a human being is to watch the situation closely and try to be in satvaa as far as possible. This is the acceptable religious philosophy which is supported by your science and Technology too.

Some people who understand the philosophy wrongly and interpret it to their convenience would say that a guna free individual is the goal. It is impossible to be free from gunas. The basic design itself is such that there will always be some guna. In your anxiety to become part of that shunya which is conven iently called nirgunabrahma you imagine that you have to transcend gunas.

My understanding is this:

Everything here on this earth and universe is real. Universe exists, earth exists and every thing we perceive exist. period.

It is not just a mental projection on an imaginary screen with a projector called Maya. Maya is an invention by a fertile mind when stuck with a certain paradox to bypass the reality. It's convenient explanation that there are no white cows in the world because it is night and everything can be only black.

I am designed to live with the gunas.

i will live with them.

But i am also equipped with the necessary equipment to look at myself and see what is happen ing to me.

I use that equipment and manage my gunas without coming in conflict with them. Everything I do is deliberate.

And I remain a sattva most of the time. I am happy with that.

this is a vast subject and can be discussed separately. This thread is about biryani. LOL.

Last edited:
I still maintain that your understanding is flawed.

This is not the religious philosophy.

The trigunas are always there. There is nothing good or bad about the gunas. The best course for a human being is to watch the situation closely and try to be in satvaa as far as possible. This is the acceptable religious philosophy which is supported by your science and Technology too.

Some people who understand the philosophy wrongly and interpret it to their convenience would say that a guna free individual is the goal. It is impossible to be free from gunas. The basic design itself is such that there will always be some guna. In your anxiety to become part of that shunya which is conven iently called nirgunabrahma you imagine that you have to transcend gunas.

My understanding is this:

Everything here on this earth and universe is real. Universe exists, earth exists and every thing we perceive exist. period.

It is not just a mental projection on an imaginary screen with a projector called Maya. Maya is an invention by a fertile mind when stuck with a certain paradox to bypass the reality. It's convenient explanation that there are no white cows in the world because it is night and everything can be only black.

I am designed to live with the gunas.

i will live with them.

But i am also equipped with the necessary equipment to look at myself and see what is happen ing to me.

I use that equipment and manage my gunas without coming in conflict with them. Everything I do is deliberate.

And I remain a sattva most of the time. I am happy with that.

this is a vast subject and can be discussed separately. This thread is about biryani. LOL.

The mind finds it very hard to let go an imprint.
Imprints eventually enslaves the mind.

All this without the expectation of any thing in return??? ;)

RRji,

Certainly Yes.

There are many people in this world who are that way.

They are good and do good not because the world will call them good. But it is because they want to be just good. They believe it is what is natural to them. And they enjoy it.

There are people who do not drink -- not because they want a certificate that they are good but because they just do not want to drink. It is a deliberate choice.

There are people who will not look at other women with bad intention--not because people will call them good and give a certificate. It is just because they just do not want to do that.

They are on their own -- always.

They have their standards and live by that.

I agree, Vaagmi Sir. And such people are taken for granted.

I know, because I am taken for granted by many in my family circle!! :D

RRji,

Try to master the art of getting angry deliberately and expressing such controlled anger to achieve a goal. This is under discussion in another thread here.

It works. Please try it and tell me whether it worked or not. Best wishes.

RRji,

Try to master the art of getting angry deliberately and expressing such controlled anger to achieve a goal. This is under discussion in another thread here.

It works. Please try it and tell me whether it worked or not. Best wishes.
Dear Vaagmi Sir,
I am following 'that' thread. :ranger:

It is difficult for Ram and I to get angry with people. Both of us are taken for granted by family members.

Since we like to help others, we don't feel bad. How else can we spend 24 x 7 x 365.25? :)

But at times, guys do irritate! For example, when Ram and I dropped a nephew (Ram's) at the airport, he wanted

us to bring his shoes that he forgot to pack up, from home and Ram DID so! I felt it was a little 'three much'! :lol:

Anyway, those type of troubles are over now because we travel only by cabs and no tension with our own vehicle! :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back