• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Set Top Box and DTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramacchandran

Here is a news. If we are not satisfied with the DTH operator, we can just swithch over to other without changing the Dish and Set Top Box.

The TRAI is considering the portability of the STB & Dish, as in the case of Mobile Numbers, so you will not be need to buy the STB/Dish over and over again, while you will be free to shift to any DTH service provider. Just watch for the announcement.

--
GREETINGS AND WARM REGARDS

Surendera M. Bhanot

- Coordinator, RTIFED, Punjab Chandigarh - President, RTI Help & Assistance Forum Chandigarh - Life Member, Chandigarh Consumers Association
- Youth for Human Rights International - YHRI - South Asia
- Jt. Secretary, Amateur Judo Association of Chandigarh
- Member, SPACE - Society for Promotion and Conservation of Environment, Chandigarh
No. 3758, Sector 22-D, Chandigarh-160022
Mob: 919-888-810-811
PHONE: 91-172-5000970
FAX: 91-172-5000970

Mail Me

Only a week left. I am not sure whether it is technically feasible with stbs in the field. It is not possible to retain the stb when one migrates to another dth.

Compatibility of input signals, embedded software are issues which are in the way.

Only a week left. I am not sure whether it is technically feasible with stbs in the field. It is not possible to retain the stb when one migrates to another dth.

Compatibility of input signals, embedded software are issues which are in the way.
dear sarang !
if the transmitting agencies make the change in their signal transmission ,the migration will not be a problem .in UK they intergrate various service in one DTH.provision for AV adaptors is necessary in our TV set.this is given with my limited knowledge and do correct
guruvayurappan

Our cable operator is cool about this issue! He says that till December 2012, there will NOT be any problem.

They have got the 'stay' in the court! Hope he is correct! We are just keeping fingers X .....

you are right sir, I am talking about indian scenario. Technically provision for all services can be done in the stb. Existing stbs are not suitable even for other dth operators. As RR says nothing will happen on july 1st.

dear sarang !
if the transmitting agencies make the change in their signal transmission ,the migration will not be a problem .in UK they intergrate various service in one DTH.provision for AV adaptors is necessary in our TV set.this is given with my limited knowledge and do correct
guruvayurappan

What ever be the mode of transmission...is there anything worth watching in tamil channels... ?

TVK
dear sir !
not only tamil channel all channels are like that .they are expert in copying the concept of others and killing the audience with repeated replays.many of the popular shows are true copy of UK/USA programs.
guruvayurappan

Do you think that there is NO MORE than Tamil movies and mega serials provided by our cable operators?

We can find quite a few good programs, if we search. :fish2:

Do you think that there is NO MORE than Tamil movies and mega serials provided by our cable operators?

We can find quite a few good programs, if we search. :fish2:

A programme is good or bad depends upon the viewers... I have seen only either serials or cinemas..are only shown..there is nothing to educate people ..Sometimes shows on recipes ..which I know no one will venture into.. DD is an exception but the viewers are less and sometimes it is more than a drab..

TVK

Your prediction 100% correct once again!

Our cable operator is cool about this issue! He says that till December 2012, there will NOT be any problem.

They have got the 'stay' in the court! Hope he is correct! We are just keeping fingers X .....

A programme is good or bad depends upon the viewers... .........
Ok! I listen to good concerts telecast on TTD channel, Podigai and a few others, in December season.

Ram watches all :argue: on Times now and the sports channel often, esp. if there is a basket ball match! ( He was a national player! )

We both watch good old English movies on Movies now!! :D

The DTH service meant to come to effect w.e.f. July 1 for the 4 metros, has been postponed to October 1 becos only 25% have opted for it. The other 'intelligent' 75% are tantalising the govt by postponing to bite the trap meant only to fill up the service providers' coffers. As for the programmes, it is unfortunate entrenched people are in the business and the fares will be only worse than them. Government has no intention to monitor what the people get actually. And with the sleeping government on their side, the entertainment industry is complacent with what they give to the viewers/audience.

Not much - but the comedy channels are perhaps worth!
Comedy channels are real tragedies! The stereo type acting by a few, with dialogues having double meanings do NOT appear as

comedy, imho! To our dismay, Laurel and Hardy are quoted as examples and 'beating' a person also comes under comedy category.

'adhigapprasangam' by kids are considered comedy! A compere will appear in the disguise of some actor and start torturing the

audience with his dry humor!! So, I do not like to watch such channels, any day, any time! :nono:

Go for a DTH service and take a STB with recording facility. Identify programmes you want to watch, put them in series link record mode, and watch the recorded programmes when you want. Since any popular serial has only 15 minutes of programme content (rest advts.) and only 5 mins of this is watchable, one saves enormous time in TV viewing skipping the grubby/ weeping/ violent parts and without missing essentials.

Comedy channels are real tragedies! The stereo type acting by a few, with dialogues having double meanings do NOT appear as

comedy, imho! To our dismay, Laurel and Hardy are quoted as examples and 'beating' a person also comes under comedy category.

'adhigapprasangam' by kids are considered comedy! A compere will appear in the disguise of some actor and start torturing the

audience with his dry humor!! So, I do not like to watch such channels, any day, any time! :nono:

I 100% agree to the lack of quality. You must understand that we are not the target audience for movies industry!
I am surprised though no one is raising objections at the way brahmins are often portrayed in tamil movies - much of this is anti-brahmin in a blatant way. To my disgust, I just saw a comedy channel taking yet another swipe at brahmins. Perhaps, I need to join the list of tamil channel sensors (avoidance).

Identify programmes you want to watch, put them in series link record mode, and watch the recorded programmes when you want. .......
If you can wait for one day after the telecast of any program, it is very much available in the web, without ads.

We can also skip the unwanted portions by moving the cursor!! :decision:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back