• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Scientific knowledge as a projection of Spiritual Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, phase II has begun ! :)

Post #199
Spiritual energies are pure and powerful and are only for righteous cause.
Ravi, I am just voicing out my thoughts on this, so dont mistake this as an attack on you.

How can an energy be pure and impure? Energy is energy. Pure or impure is a relative term and does not make sense here. IMO.

Also, since you subscribe to the theory that everything has originated from one power (big bang or whatever), how can there be pure and impure, right and wrong?

Just prodding your statements so that you could reflect on this.

So, phase II has begun ! :)

Post #199Ravi, I am just voicing out my thoughts on this, so dont mistake this as an attack on you.

How can an energy be pure and impure? Energy is energy. Pure or impure is a relative term and does not make sense here. IMO.

Also, since you subscribe to the theory that everything has originated from one power (big bang or whatever), how can there be pure and impure, right and wrong?

Just prodding your statements so that you could reflect on this.
Dear Shri Auh,

I think what Ravi means by pure energy is something which is unconstrained. Physical energy being derived from that energy and acting within the constraints of space and time is not pure energy.

Dear Sravna,

I believe you that this is possible to a certain extent but I have seen a person my mother's friend who used to this and eventually she fell very sick herself.

She later saw a Swami ji who advised her not to do such healings cos she did not have the required "spiritual" ability to handle the hit backs from curing another person.

So Sravna...better take care and not to attempt too much with this cos you have no idea what imbalance you could be causing in your own body.

Further more we have no idea how non specific thoughts from anyone can affect another persons eventually..so what seems like an apparent cure might actually cause any other problem later.

Dear Renuka, Sravna,

My son was at one time enamoured of the "pranic healing" and I was not in favour of it. Ultimately, somebody on whom my son had more trust (I did not voice my opposition because I knew his ego would not accept my advice.) told him that whenever you are trying to cure someone's disease/s like this you should also be prepared to take over the kaarmic background which caused such disease in the patient, worked and my son has completely left all such mumbo-jumbo.

The entire family of my elder sister were into Reiki healing till one of their gurus tendered a similar caution to one person in the family.

That said, I think these thought waves, pranic healing etc., do not really work on material world or matter proper, but only on the thought patterns of the patient; the treated patients feel that pain has lessened though the swelling has not, and similar things. Hence it is first necessary to disprove that Shri Sravna's actions are not thought waves acting on thought or brain waves of the patient and not necessarily on the brain matter.

Dear Renuka, Sravna,

My son was at one time enamoured of the "pranic healing" and I was not in favour of it. Ultimately, somebody on whom my son had more trust (I did not voice my opposition because I knew his ego would not accept my advice.) told him that whenever you are trying to cure someone's disease/s like this you should also be prepared to take over the kaarmic background which caused such disease in the patient, worked and my son has completely left all such mumbo-jumbo.

You raised a good point. But then would you say that a medical doctor who cures a disease takes over the karmic background which caused the disease? Why should curing by thoughts be treated differently?

That said, I think these thought waves, pranic healing etc., do not really work on material world or matter proper, but only on the thought patterns of the patient; the treated patients feel that pain has lessened though the swelling has not, and similar things. Hence it is first necessary to disprove that Shri Sravna's actions are not thought waves acting on thought or brain waves of the patient and not necessarily on the brain matter.

But do you agree there is something real other than the physical? Also, if the thought waves of one who tries to cure act only on the thought waves of the patient what do you say about one of the instances of cure I mentioned, which is seizures being cured?

You raised a good point. But then would you say that a medical doctor who cures a disease takes over the karmic background which caused the disease? Why should curing by thoughts be treated differently?

I hold that a medical doctor also gets covered by the same law. That was why medicine was a prohibited avocation for brAhmaNas until one point of time and later, when many brAhmanans started learning ayurveda and started practising bhishagvara vrutti, it was considered unbrAhmanic and such people were considered unfit for being considered as first class brahmins. I remember one time when vaideeka brahmins were reluctant to have marital alliances with vaidyar families.

But do you agree there is something real other than the physical? Also, if the thought waves of one who tries to cure act only on the thought waves of the patient what do you say about one of the instances of cure I mentioned, which is seizures being cured?

The physical is not the only thing which probably exists, the "sat" in our Upanishads denote something which is not easily comprehended. But we live in this 3-dimensional world which alone our senses can comprehend and hence this passes of as our only reality.

I don't know whether you had informed your close relative that you are doing some such thing for her cure. One possibility is that the seizures have a deep psychological reason. Perhaps you should now tell that relative that you are no longer doing the thought cure and see whether the seizures restart. It will depend on the age, sex and complete background of the patient, I think.

I hold that a medical doctor also gets covered by the same law. That was why medicine was a prohibited avocation for brAhmaNas until one point of time and later, when many brAhmanans started learning ayurveda and started practising bhishagvara vrutti, it was considered unbrAhmanic and such people were considered unfit for being considered as first class brahmins. I remember one time when vaideeka brahmins were reluctant to have marital alliances with vaidyar families.

I understand that as an avocation it was prohibited but my question is why would the very act of trying to cure by thoughts is considered to rebound on oneself?

The physical is not the only thing which probably exists, the "sat" in our Upanishads denote something which is not easily comprehended. But we live in this 3-dimensional world which alone our senses can comprehend and hence this passes of as our only reality.

What we sense through the sense organs is made sense of as a whole by the brain. This emerges as thoughts which is a reality by itself. Actually the thoughts represent only the perception and not always the reality as different people have different abilities to perceive the reality. But the existence of thoughts does point to the reality.

I don't know whether you had informed your close relative that you are doing some such thing for her cure. One possibility is that the seizures have a deep psychological reason. Perhaps you should now tell that relative that you are no longer doing the thought cure and see whether the seizures restart. It will depend on the age, sex and complete background of the patient, I think.

She consulted a number of doctors and no one was able to figure out the cause. I think it is not the psychological reason mainly because I felt that she really did not believe I could cure it. In fact, it should have made the cure more difficult.

Dear Shri Auh,

I think what Ravi means by pure energy is something which is unconstrained. Physical energy being derived from that energy and acting within the constraints of space and time is not pure energy.
Hi Sravna, fire is fire whether it burns on a candle wick or in a homa kunda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back