• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Science and religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were owned by brahmins and the cooks were brahmins. The restaurant was open to all. In some, there was a small area where the brahmins sat on the floor for eating; the main area had tables and benches for the rest (both brahmins and non brahmins). This was quite a few decades ago. now you will find only general area and family rooms.

My point is, such brahmin hotels with brahmin name boards had to lay low during virulent attacks by the EVR inspired goons. They are slowly making a re-appearance.

I have a question regarding these "Brahmin" restaurants. Were they Brahmin because they did stuff like used hing instead of garlic and therefore sold food that was acceptable for brahmins to eat or were they meant for brahmin patrons only?

Last edited:
LOL :focus:

@Balasubramanian. I see sarcasm and irony in your reply to this thread.
Your information is well accepted and I hope further posts in this thread will honour the topic of discussion.

Please do not take it otherwise. My view is not to wound somebody's feelings nor
it is mentioned in a sarcastic tone. The traditional food is normally liked by everyone
because it is mere passing of customs from one generation to the next. Any long
established method or practice followed in the Brahmin community has its own flavour
without adding any artificial ingredients. Now a days in all the medias, viz. TV, Computer
(On line) etc you get lot of recipe giving suitable instructions for preparing a food dish, snacks,
sweets, according to oncoming festivals, occasions, functions, etc explaining the details
containing the quantum of ingredients required, method of preparation, etc. Besides recipe
printed books, cards are available in the market for the ladies to do it and practice, before
expertise themselves. Hope the point is cleared now.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Over and above that, let me make it very clear. You normally find a board
out in a Hotel naming "Brahmin Hotel" these days in the urban areas. You will
only find Vegetarian Hotel. Only in a very few Hotels, Cooks are engaged from
Brahmin community. After catering technology came into popularity, there is
no choice of Brahmin being taken to Kitchen these days.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

My god upon reading this EVR character sounds like one terribly dangerous zealot. I swear we live in a "24-hour BREAKING NEWS!" culture here in the US yet stuff like this never gets mentioned. Frustrating to say the least!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back