• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

sashtiaptha poorthi

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the thread rituals poojas and ceremonies I have given briefly about aruvatham kalyanam (shastiabtha poorthy) in page no.12 i think. You may advice them to do kooshmanda homam and ayushya homam. which is sufficient. only one sastrigals is enough. This can be done within 2 hours.

At the Time of attaining 60 years of age,a man would have crossed 750 Full Moon Days and the very same amount of No Moon Day (Amavasai).

It is the First Significance. It is also a Blessing.

During Sadabhishegam ( 80 Years ) he would have crossed 1000.

This is also a Great Blessing.

At the Time of attaining 60 years of age,a man would have crossed 750 Full Moon Days and the very same amount of No Moon Day (Amavasai).

It is the First Significance. It is also a Blessing.

During Sadabhishegam ( 80 Years ) he would have crossed 1000.

This is also a Great Blessing.

TSS,

once upon a time this might have been a great achievement, because our average lifespan for men was around 48 or 49 years. ie we were fighting the odds.

today, 80 is the expected age of demise for our community or something like that.

maybe we need to revise the celebrations to 80 & 90 or 100 in order to make these a landmark.

otherwise every male gets to 'celebrate' the poorthis...

i would tend to agree, life, whether it be for one year or 100 years, is a blessing and gift, not to be trifled. :)

Sorry Kunjuppu ji,

I partially agree with you in this.

I am 52 yrs old now and when I was a boy under 10 years Going to Tea Shop and having Tea or Coffee in a Shop is considered a Bad Practice.People around will criticize, " He is taking Coffee in a Club " On Those Days Tea Shops are identified as Tea and Coffee Clubs.

When I attained Teen Age The Style of Smoking Cigarette like Rajinikanth was considered as Fashion. I experienced no girl turned up towards me.So I started Smoking.

When I got married during 1990s use of Drinks considered as Nothing.

Now it is developed like Brown Sugar ,Injection and so on...

So the Developments in Medical Field has not reached the Humans Yet because every man is having a Habit of using Tobacco in his life by some way or other.

So as far as I am Concerned attaining 60s,70s,and 80s without any disease now a days are Great.

TSS,

i have to disagree that reaching 60, 70, 80 without diseases is great. i think it is more luck.

i have a buddy, who would not even touch eggs. no meat. no alcohol.

no history of cancer in the family.

got colon cancer. still cannot figure out why. inspite of healthy living.

why does someone get blood cancer?

it is all random, i think, than pre planned, or a reflection of newton's third law re action/reaction.

i believe one can be thankful to God, to nature, to oneself or just relieved, if one is free of sickness. but that does not, i think, a reason to celebrate.

i am 61. when 60 came, it was another day for me. business as usual. :) same for 61 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back