• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who must send invitation for Sashtiaptha Poorthi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am due to complete 60 years and my daughter wants to celebrate this in formal fashion with Rudra Ekadasi the previous day followed by the regular finction/ Mangalya Dharanam etc. Family and relatives are being invited. I have an elder brother living. The question is who must send out the formal invitation my brother or daughter or can they both? Invitation will be in Tamil as per accepted sastric language and wordings. My sasthrigal says both choices are okay?
Please revert.
Will appreciate quick response.
Love to all.

Dear sir normally the sasthiyaptha poorthi to be celeberated by son/daughte in llw. In case kyu have daugher only then the daugher and son in law has the right to do the same here no question arise about the initation tobe inthe name of elder brother tothe ;best of my knowledge this is the functin done by son/daugher totheir parents. In the pont of giving restpect to elder the sastrigal can tell like that. It is accepted by all
that the fn is to be done by son/daugher to their parents. Your elder brothr canbless you on that fn as elder to you thjis is for your information.
Rajappanamakkal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back