• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

salutations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri drsundaram,

Your humility is commendable. I understand you are a gentleman. My respect for you have grown few folds higher. We did not have any conversation as such and I was never offended by any of your comments. But, having watched the drama unfolded in this thread, as a fellow member I immensly appreciate your humble approach. This thread had indeed served one constructive purpose, that is it identified a great humble person like you. You are great.

Regards,

Raghy.

'thank you sri.Sridharan for your kind comments

Somayaji(quote)if a person who successfully performs and completes it ,he is called"Yaajinn"(en-quote)

There is an "error" in my posting.It should read "if a person who performs a "Yagjnam" or "Yaagam"and successfully completes it ,he is called"Yaajinn"

"Jinn" is used only for "Acheivers" or "Conquerers" .Hlndi version "Ji" is used indiscrimnately.

Going by all discussions I request that we can end this episode.I don't know whether the thread has served any constructive purpose but yielded more of controversery especially between me and Sri KRS. It was a simple idea of mine, I sincerly thought of giving coolness not heat. To Sri KRS and to others if any,if I have offended members or moderators I seek your forgivings. I don't want to be a party for resentment but that of ensuring smooth relationship and understanding.
Kind regards

good going drs.

it is very commendable of you to take the first step and reflects highly your character.

God Bless.

Great Sri DRS!,

"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook" [William James Principles of Psychology]

You are a great wise man.

PV

Let me first address Sri Drsundaram here and then I will say a few words about the lofty discussions about 'saying sorry first' between Sri Kunjuppu Ji and Sri Raghy Ji, in a seperate posting below.

Dear Sri Drsundaram,

My intentions were never to hurt you. As I have said, the terms I have used seemed to have hurt your sentiments and I feel sorry and I have apologized for that already that it did so. I have been called all sorts of names and attacked personally in this very Forum and one other Forum, but so far I have mainly been able to brush off those personal attacks and stick to the point.

So, it comes as a surprise now and then when folks take my comments on their ideas as personal attacks. This has happened here in this very Forum recently, from an esteemed intellectual member taking umbrage and a different otherwise erudite member feeling that I was pcking on him in addition to you.

The reason for me bringing up these examples is that, given my position as a Moderator, my job is to foster unity amongst ourselves and to make sure that I do not act in a disruptive manner. Given these guidelines to myself, I am surprised that I am still viewed by some as being harsh on their personna.

Thinking about this, I can only conclude that what I think as a comment on a given subject is taken as a comment on a personna. While this looks specious to me, I have to acknowledge that I have generated such feelings in some of our members. May be it is because of my own tendency to look at any idea that I think is ideological without any merit to reality or that tends to divide us as TBs/Hindus/Indians/Humans or which are not based on correct information with a bit of scepticism and feel a bit of harshness towards such ideas. And this comes out in words. I will make sure that I curb this tendency in the future, but without losing the spirited argument on my part to counter argue, but to make sure that the purveyors of such ideas do not feel personally insulted.

So having said this, I accept your apology and again offer mine in good faith to you. We are all brothers here and while we may argue spiritedly over ideas, the intent should never be to hurt another personally.

Let us together put this incident behind us. Thanks.

Regards,
KRS

t.

...my own tendency to look at any idea that I think is ideological without any merit to reality or that tends to divide us as TBs/Hindus/Indians/Humans or which are not based on correct information with a bit of scepticism and feel a bit of harshness towards such ideas. And this comes out in words.

Regards,
KRS

I concur with you Sri KRS,

It is unity that we intend and not division. It is a risk that some forces may be waiting for any opportunity to inject division , thru some means, and gleefully enjoying the resultant commotion. When one gets too attached to a principle, it sometimes tends to dogmatic vision and at the lowest level, it may bring unintended words which other end reader may find a little overboard. It is just a human error.As far as intention is not bad , a little deviation can be set right by gentlemanliness. Pls keep going with fervour.

Greetings

Dear Sri Raghy Ji and Sri Kunjuppu Ji,

I read with great interest both of your long postings. While I agree with the general theme of your conversation these are some of my thoughts pertaining to the subject:

1. First, peace at any cost is not both desirable and good. This means that while both sides kiss and make up, there are still some unresolved issues lingering, because one party has the 'peace' imposed on them by others, with good motives nevertheless, but at the same time imposed on the force of superior strength where there is a subtle pressure to adhere. This does not work as we have seen from numerous loud examples around the world, from the two world wars and the Iraq war.

2. Before one apologizes, one has to admit to oneself the underlying reason for such an apology. Otherwise, such apologies carry no import. In fact, they bury the resentments deep in one's hearts and those tend to rear their ugly heads at unexpected times. We have seen examples of these in this very Forum. A word sugar coated with artificial love promoting amity gladly vacates it's place for subsequent harsh word readily when a person preaching such an amity is attacked. This becomes then a two faced word, without any deeper feeling or consciousness backing the word. To me it then becomes 'peace at any cost' and does not carry any weight of reason.

3. Brotherhood and love can only be aceived through proper understanding of the motives by others. If two people do not understand and appreciate each other's stance, then even a small innocent word will be interpreted as foul. Words are but a tool to express one's ideas and as such any understanding of their import will be based on one's own interpretation of such words, combined with one's own personal involvement with such words (ego).

4. So, to me, it seems that it is more important for a person to analyze one's own reactions to other's words and apologize if one really feels that one has to do that. Otherwise, it does not make any sense, nor it is any noble.

Having said all this, let me also say this.

I have taken Sri Drundaram's words as genuine in terms of having analyzed the incident and I have done so also on my part. As far as I am concerned, it is settled. It has always been between us to do that.

In this respect also, when Sri Kunjuppu says 'thanks for taking the first step' implying that I have not done so is also not welcome. This type of comment tries to elevate the 'I am first' feeling, again not taking in to account either the time element, nor the time it may take some others to process/digest an incidence according to one's own capacity. If one analyzes such comments deeply one actually may term them as patronizing. This has no import to the words by Sridrsundaram, which I appreciate. The 'Samadhanam' inducers, with their overwhelming desire to make peace, do not necessarily understand the subtleties of a given situation. Then it becomes the case of UN trying to placate both India and Pakistan on Kashmir.

Regards,
KRS

Last edited:
In this respect also, when Sri Kunjuppu says 'thanks for taking the first step' implying that I have not done so is also not welcome. This type of comment tries to elevate the 'I am first' feeling, again not taking in to account either the time element, nor the time it may take some others to process/digest an incidence according to one's own capacity.
Regards,
KRS

krs,

i agree 100% with your analysis.

i have specifically highlighted the points attributed to me, and i accept your views.

you are very reasonable and logical, and i would not have worded it such, had i given further thought to how i should applaud nrs without being offensive to you.

there are other similar postings which congratulate nrs, without sounding offensive to you. i could learn something from that.

my blunder. i remiss.

So, it comes as a surprise now and then when folks take my comments on their ideas as personal attacks. This has happened here in this very Forum recently, from an esteemed intellectual member taking umbrage and a different otherwise erudite member feeling that I was pcking on him in addition to you. ,
KRS

krs,

if you don't mind i have one bone to pick from your earlier post #56, addressed to nrs.

there you have attributed some attacks to 'an esteemed intellectual member' & something else to 'a different otherwise erudite member'.

i ask you, if this are not innuendos. in all fairness, don't we try to avoid such indirect observations. would this rule not also apply to the gist of your message to me re openness and brotherhood.

perhaps, there may be a lingering misgiving among the public as to whom these innuendos were attributed to? i think, we have generally urged folks to be direct in their queries.

i examined myself, and could claim no credit to either intellectualism nor erudity, but i never could be sure, if i mentioned anything which is abusive or frontally crude abusive verbiage.

i do try to avoid such, but something may have slipped and it is possible as many a times, words slip out of context, completely skewing the intended meaning.

once in a while i will tend to ponder, 'did krs mean me? perhaps you wish to clarify?

if not, let us move on.

thank you.

Dear Sri Kunjuppu Ji,

'Innuendo' is defined as follows in Merriam-Webster:
: an oblique allusion : hint, insinuation; especially : a veiled or equivocal reflection on character or reputation b : the use of such allusions <resorting to innuendo>

My references to the two gentlemen above do not fit your word. I meant every word I have said about the gentlemen. I did not want to name them, lest some more controversy is born.

Since you have questioned me on this, let me name these two gentlemen. The first one is Professor Nara Ji and the latter is Sri SwaminathaSharma Ji. My descriptions of them are from my heart.

Regards,
KRS

So much of analysis, critical review, dissection, reviews etc etc with a beautiful flow of communications in terms of expressions. Those days, way back 60's, many will remember there were Mr G K Reddy, a Reporter in THE HINDU so also of Mr Frank Moraes in THE INDIAN EXPRESS. I adore, admire and read, re re read their articles .I am reminded of those good old days by going thro' all your razor sharp analysis.
Any way let us not go so deep in micro anaylsing.Too much digging too many issues only will crop up. Life itself has no logics. Let us take life easy and relax......
God bless & பல்லாண்டு பல்லாண்டு நீடுழி வாழ்க

I think it is time for us to give final salute to this thread salutations.We have discussed sufficiently at length about various aspects regarding this subject and we may take up other topics of common interest for discussion and move along.
S.Sridharan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back