• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Salutation to Swami Nammazhvar

Status
Not open for further replies.
செம்பொன் மாடத் திருக்குருகூர் நம்பி

The first part of the third line of this verse is "செம்பொன் மாடத் திருக்குருகூர்". Azhvar describes Thirukkurgur as a town lined with buildings with beautiful porches with golden roofs. Two different commentators give two different, equally exquisite, interpretation for this phrase.

ஸ்வாமி பெரியவாச்சான் பிள்ளை says it was all the gold glittering in the roofs of the tall buildings that lured Madurakavi. His intent was to rob the gold to support his proclivities cited in the first two lines -- பிறர் நன்பொருள் and மடவார். However, when he entered the town and got a glimpse of Swami Nammazhvar, he was overcome with love and became his servant. here is the text.
விஷயங்களுக்கு அர்த்தம் தேடி அர்த்த அபஹாரத்துக்கு இடம் பார்த்துத் திரியா நிற்க, அச்செம்பொன் மாடத்தைக் களவு காண புக்கேன். அங்கே வைத்த மாநிதியைக் கண்டு அகப்பட்டேன் என்கிறார். இவர்க்கு வைத்த மாநிதி ஆழ்வாரிறே.
Now, அழகிய மணவாள பெருமாள் நாயனார் cites Mahabaratham Aranya Parvam where Parama Patham is described as a place of resplendence exceeding sun and fire in brilliance -- so luminous as to make it impossible for even Devas and Asuras to behold (अत्यर्कानलदीप्तं तत्स्थानं विष्णोर्महात्मनः). On the other hand, the commentator says, unlike Paramapatham that even devas and asuras have a hard time approaching, here is Thirukkurugoor, equally shining from the golden roofs, yet easily approachable due to the limitless compassion of Swami Nammazhvar.
பரமபத தேஜஸ்ஸு போலே பார்க்கவும் அணுகவும் ஒண்ணாதபடி இருக்கை அன்றிக்கே, கண் படைத்தார் எல்லாம் காணலாமாய்க் கிட்டவுமாம்படி ஸ்ப்ருஹ்ணீயமான தேசம்.
Next, Madurakavi says, நம்பிக்கு அன்பனாய், i.e. he came into Thrukkurugur looking for some treasure to steal, but upon seeing Swami Nammazhvar he was overcome with love for him.
அர்த்த காமாதிகளை நம்பிப் போந்த நான் ஆழ்வாருக்கு அன்பனாய்விட்டேன்
The pasuram ends with அடியேன் சதிர்த்தேன் இன்றே. This servitude is induced by love for Swami Nammazhvar and immediately delivers MAdurakavi from his earlier wickedness. To reach Ishvara one has to wait until this life ends, and even after that, the jeeva has to travel to the bank of Viraja river to shed the afflictions of samsara like vasana and ruci. But, there is no wait for Madurakavi, he is pure and complete right away, as he seeks only Swami Nammazhvar.
ஈச்வரனையண்டை கொண்டு ஆரப்த சரீர பாத ஸமயம் பார்த்திருந்து, பின்னையும், வாஸநா ருசிகளாகிற மண்பற்று விடாமல் விரஜை அளவும் போக வேண்டியிருக்கை அன்றிக்கே, இன்றே ஸ்வாஸநமாகவிட்டேன்.
end of fifth pasuram ....

6வது பாசுரம்

இன்று தொட்டு எழுமையும் எம்பிரான்
நின்றுதன் புகழ் ஏத்த அருளினான்
குன்றமாடத் திருகுருகூர் நம்பி
என்றும் என்னை இகழ்விலன் காண்மினே

General meaning:
My lord Swami Nammazvar graced me to sing his praise, starting from right now and for ever. Behold, the perfect one from Thirukurukoor, lined with tall buildings, will never forsake me!

In the previous two verses Madurakavi detailed his flaws and how these flaws themselves made him most eligible for the grace of Swami Nammazhvar, and that grace made all his flaws disappear. But, since Madurakavi is still in this samsara, what if the flaws rear their heads again, the commentators ask. Then, the commentators explain that in this pasuram Madurakavi declares, that is not a worry, Swami Nammazhvar will never forsake him, after all, it was his grace that saved him in the first place, not his own effort.
கீழுள்ள தோஷமும் நான் ஸாதன அநுஷ்டானம் பண்ணிப் போக்கினேனோ? ஆழ்வார் அங்கீகாரத்தாலே போய்த்ததால் அவ்வங்கீகாரம் மாறினால் அன்றோ அது மேலிடுவது.
By இன்று தொட்டு, Madurakavi says, that his own faults were the reason Swami nammazhvar took pity one him and saved him. Having saved him thus, he says, "I did not have to wait to reap the benefits, right away from the very moment Swami Nammazhvar took me under his wings, I became eligible to sing his praise."

How long does he get to sing this praise, எழுமையும், says Madurakavi. While எழுமையும் may literally mean just seven births, the commentators say the real meaning is for ever. For ever he is my lord, says Madurakavi, because he looked at my faults and that made him take pity on me. My faults themselves became the qualifying factor for his grace.
என்னுடைய குன்றனைய குற்றத்தையே குணமாகக் கோண்டு நான் அத:பதியாமல் நோக்கினவர்.
Next, Madurakavi says Nammazhvar allowed him to sing his praise, நின்றுதன் புகழ் ஏத்த அருளினான். அழகிய மணவாள பெருமாள் நாயனார் gives a superlative interpretation for this. The Lord looks at the misdeeds of jeevas and gives suitable punishment. But Nammazhvar's grace is like that of a mother, pure love, that he overlooks all the faults. Thus, Azhvar's greatness unparalleled, even by the lord.
பகவத் குணங்கள் போலே குற்றம் காண்கையும், கண்டதுக்கு தக்க தண்டம் பண்ணுகையுமாயோ ஆழ்வார் குணங்கள் இருப்பது? "அன்னையய் அத்தனாய் என்னை ஆண்டிடும் தன்மையான்" என்கிறபடியே, வாத்ஸல்யோத்தரமாய் அன்றோ இருப்பது. ஆழ்வாருடைய நிகரில் புகழ் இதிறே.
Such a perfect one (நம்பி = பரிபூர்ணன்) will never forsake me.

Sixth verse complete ...

ஏழாம் பாட்டு

கண்டு கொண்டென்னைக் காரிமாறப்பிரான்
பண்டை வல்வினை பாற்றி அருளினான்
எண்டிசையு மறிய வியம்புகேன்
ஒண்டமிழ் சடகோப னருளையே.

General meaning:
Having taken me under his wings, he destroyed all my timeless and potent karma. I shall spread this matchless compassion, a compassion that is even greater than his beautiful Tamil songs, in all directions.

பாற்றி = get rid of

அழகிய மணவாள பெருமாள் நாயனார் (AMPN) gives a beautiful introduction to this verse. First APMN notes that in verse #4, Madurakavi says நன்மையால் மிக்க நான்மறையாளர்கள் புன்மையாக கருதுவர். That is, the Brahmins learned in the four Vedas considered him unworthy, and that very fact was sufficient reason for Swami Nammazhvar to be like mother and father to him -- அன்னையாய் அத்தனாய் என்னை ஆண்டிடும் தன்மையான்.
இவனுக்கு நம்மை ஒழிய இனிக்கதி இல்லை என்று, ஆழ்வார் மாதா பிதாவாய் நின்று தம்மளவில் அபிமானித்தபடியை சொல்லி ..
Next, AMPN says in Verse #5 Madurakavi described the reason for the Vedic Brahmins to reject him, viz., நம்பினேன் பிறர் நன்பொருள் தன்னையும், நம்பினேன் மடவாரையும்.

Finally, in verse #6, says AMPN, Madurakavi declared his confidence that Swami Nammazhvar will never forsake him till the end of time, இன்று தொட்டு எழுமையும் எம்பிரான் நின்று தன் புகழ் ஏத்த அருளினான். AMPN:
இப்போது கைக்கொண்ட ஆழ்வார், உம்முடைய குற்றம் கண்டு இன்னும் இகழில் செய்வது என் என்ன, இன்று துடங்கி கால தத்வம் உள்ளதனையும் என்னை இகழாதே, தம்முடைய குண ஸ்துதியே கால யாத்ரையாம்படி பண்ணினார்.
Now, in verse #7, AMPN says, Madurakavi expresses his conviction to spread this good word all around and let everyone know of Swami Nammazhvar's natural and unequaled compassion. Thus, AMPN connects verse #7 to the previous three verses.

Madurakavi starts verse #7 with the declaration, "கண்டு கொண்டு என்னை". By this, AMPN says, Madurakavi is emphasizing Swami nammazhvar's limitless compassion. From the previous three verses Madurakavi makes it clear that he is an embodiment of flaws, unworthy to behold, yet, Swami Nammazhvar laid his compassionate eyes upon him. So Nammazhvar's compassion is even greater than that of Iswara, Sriman narayana. Once under the protection of the Azhvar, even Iswara will not abandon.
ஈச்வர க்ருபையிற் காட்டில் ஆழ்வார் க்ருபையினுடைய தன் ஏற்றத்தை இப்பாட்டாலே அருளிச்செய்கிறர்..... பார்க்கவொண்ணாத என்னைப் பார்த்தார்... இவர் ஸ்வீகரித்தால் அவனாலும் (ஈச்வரன்) விடப் போகாதே.
Next phrase is காரிமாறப்பிரான். காரி is Nammazhvar's father. மாறன் is Swami nammazhvar. பிரான் is the lord. Most Azhvars, including Nammazhvar repeatedly use the epithet பிரான் for Sriman Narayana. Now, Madurakavi uses this same epithet in reference to Swami Nammazhvar.

Now, பண்டை வல் வினை - this refers to the sin that knows no beginning, it is almost as if it is an integral part of the Jeeva, and one that can never be eliminated by suffering its effects.
ஸ்வரூப அனுபந்தியோ என்னும்படி அவ்வாத்மாவோடே பழகிப்போந்த பாபம், அநாதி ஸித்தமுமாய், அநுபவ விநாச்யமும் அல்லாத பாபம்
பாற்றி - but with just his glance Azhvar chases this sin out, sending it reeling (ஓட ஓட விறட்டி அடிப்பது போல்). Unlike Iswaran who awaits the mumuksu to perform saranagathi, Azhvar does this out of unpredicated compassion.
ஈச்வரனைப்போலே மாமேகம் சரணம் வ்ரஜ - மோக்ஷயிஷ்யாமி என்கை அன்றிக்கே தாமே என்னை ஸ்வீகரித்து என் பாப பந்தத்தையும் பாற்றி அருளினார்.
Next, Madurakavi declares that he is resolved to spread this wonder to all ten directions, எண் திசை indicates all directions which are said to be 10 in total: NEWS + 4 in between NEWS + up + down.

By ஒண் தமிழ் சடகோபன் அருள், AMPN says, indicates the deep truths contained in the Tamil songs of Swami Nammazhvar. ஒண் தமிழ் can also mean beautiful Tamil. ஸ்வாமி பெரியவாச்சான் பிள்ளை (SPN) gives this meaning.
ஒள்ளிய தமிழ், அழகிய தமிழ் என்றபடி. பாலேய் தமிழர் இசை காரர் பத்தர் பரவும் படி திருவாய்மொழி பாடின அருளுக்கு மேலேயிறே என்னை விஷயீகரித்த அருள்.
That is, according to SPN, the compassion Swami Nammazhvar showed Madurakavi is even greater than his compassion towards humanity which made him render the beautiful Thiruvaymozi.

next is 8th verse ..

one upon whom nobody

Dear Professor Nara Ji,

I for one, read most of your postings, particularly ones such as this. My 'Ilakkiya' Tamil knowledge is not that great and so I enjoy these.

By the way, I hope you are saving these in your MS Word, with an idea to publish them latter, as these seem to be original work.

Many thanks.

Regards,
KRS

..I for one, read most of your postings, particularly ones such as this.
Thank you Shri KRS, the same with me too, I read all your posts.

By the way, I hope you are saving these in your MS Word, with an idea to publish them latter, as these seem to be original work.
No these are not my interpretations, these are from early commentators who lived within about 100 to 150 years from Bhagavat Ramanuja's time. All I am doing is taking a few passages from their commentary that I think are important or interesting and presenting them here. The literary merit is theirs, I am eligible for merit in presentation only, if there is any.

No, I don't have it in MS-Word, I type my stuff directly. Also, there are many scholarly publications of such material, it would be presumptuous of me to publish. I am happy this gets read by a few people in the web site.

Thanks for your comments Shri KRS, your encouragement and appreciation means a lot to me ...

எட்டாம் பாட்டு

அருள்கொண்டாடு மடியவரின்புற
அருளினானவ் வருமறையின்பொருள்
அருள்கொண்டயிர மின்தமிழ்பாடினான்
அருள்கண்டீரிவ்வுலகினில் மிக்கதே.

General meaning:
To the pleasure of the connoisseurs of the lord's compassion, Swami Nammazhvar conferred upon us the deep meanings of the Vedas, in the form of the thousand verses in sweet Tamil. Such compassion remains unparalleled in this earth.

IMO, this is the best pasuram of the entire prabhandam. It brings out the best qualities of being a human being, and the extent to which Azhvar and commentators valued and respected the great Tamil traditions.

But first, the ப்ரவேசம், introduction to the பாசுரம்.

அழகிய மணவாள பெருமாள் நயனார் (AMPN) starts out asking a question about Maduakavi's declaration in the previous verse, எண் திசையும் அறிய இயம்புகேன் ஒண் தமிழ் சடகோபன் அருளையே. The compassion of the Lord is worthy of admiration, but why are you eulogizing the compassion of a mere mortal, Swami Nammazhvar? The answer, according to AMPN is, the prerequisite for achieving the ultimate goal is the knowledge about what that ultimate goal is. Since it is Azhvar who shows us this goal, his compassion is even greater.
அந்த ப்ராப்த்தி உண்டாவது ஜ்ஞாநத்தாலே அன்றோ? அந்த ஜ்ஞாநஸித்தி ஆழ்வாராலே அன்றோ? ஆகையாலே ஆழ்வார் க்ருபை அன்றோ லோகத்தில் விஞ்சி இருப்பது.
The first line of this pasuram describes the reason Swami Nammazhvar sang the thousand verses of Thrivaymozhi, and that is, for the pleasure of true servants of the Lord (அடியவர்). Who are these அடியவர்? It is those rare devotees who fully understand their nature as loving servants of the Lord. All beings are in fact subservient to the Lord, but only the rare few fully appreciate the true nature of the Jeevas, namely, loving servitude to Lord Sriman Narayana, and they are the அடியவர், those who appreciate and love this true nature.
சேஷவ்ருத்தி புருஷார்த்தம் என்னும் படி ஸ்வரூப ஜ்ஞாநம் பிறந்தவர்கள்.
But they are not just simple அடியவர் (adiyavar), but ones who celebrate the Lord's compassion, அருள் கொண்டாடும் அடியவர். They are drunk with the nectar of Lord's compassion. AMPN now goes to great lengths to illustrate how truly wonderful this அருள் (compassion) is. Of all the great auspicious and ever present qualities of Brahman, அருள் (compassion) is the most important. In the absence of this compassion, none of the other auspicious qualities are of any use to the ordinary Jeeva. All the other qualities become auspicious only when blended with compassion. This is why, the true அடியவர் (those who have realized the true relationship of loving servitude of Jeeva to Iswara) celebrate அருள் (compassion).
க்ருபா குணம் இல்லாத போது குணாந்தரங்களும் அகார்யகரமாய், இது கூடினவாறே கார்யகரமாய் இருக்கையாலே, இத்தை கொண்டாடா நிற்பவர்கள்.
குணாந்தரங்கள் = other gunas

Next, AMPN gives an analogy to illustrate why this அருள்/க்ருபா is so essential for all other auspicious qualities to shine. He says, without the engagement of மனஸ் (mind) no other இந்திரியா can have any effect. Similarly, in the absence of அருள் (compassion), none of the other qualities of the Lord will have any effect. This is why compassion is so celebrated.
மநஸ் தத்வம் இந்த்ரியாந்த்தர பூதமாய் இருக்கச் செய்தேயும், இது ஸஹகாரி ஆகாதபோது இந்திரிய வ்யாபாரம் கூடக் காணாமை லோகத்திலே கண்டு போகிறாப்போலே இந்த க்ருபையும் குண அந்தர் பூதம் ஆகிலும், இது ஸஹகாரி ஆகாதபோது சேதனர் அளவில் குணாந்தரங்கள் ஜீவிக்கை ஆகாது.
இந்த்ரியாந்த்தர = other indhriyas
ஸஹகாரி = catalyst
குணாந்தரங்கள் = other gunas

So, அருள் கொண்டாடும் அடியவர் mean, those Jeevas, the ones who have realized true nature of eternal and loving servitude to the lord, who celebrate the compassion of the Lord, the quality without which none of the other auspicious qualities can shine.

For the pleasure of such devotees, அருள் கொண்டாடும் அடியவர் இன்புற, that is, even though these devotees already rejoice in the Lord's compassion, are joyful now that they are blessed with the compassion of Swami Nammazhvar. It is like a doctor prescribing sweets to a sweet loving diabetic patient.
அவர்கள் பண்டே அருள் கொண்டாடும் அடியவரே ஆகிலும், இவ்வர்தம் ஆப்தரான ஆழ்வார் அருளிச்செய்ய பெற்றோமே என்று ப்ரீதர் ஆனவர்கள்
This Azhvar bestowed to us the secret and esoteric meaning of the Vedas, the Vedas that keeps its true meanings a secret. He made plain these meanings that escape those interested in mere worldly pleasures.
ப்ருவ்ருத்தி சீலர்க்கு பட அரிதான அவ்வர்த்தத்தை நிர்தோஷரான சந்துக்களுக்கு அருளினார்.
ப்ருவ்ருத்தி சீலர் = those interested only in material pleasures

How did Swami Nammazhvar reveal these esoteric meanings of the Vedas, AMPN asks next. He explains that, unlike the austere and unforgiving tone of the Vedas, Swami Nammazhvar revealed these ultimate truths in the sweetest of sweet Tamil (இன் தமிழ்)
துர்போதமான வேத சப்தம் போல் அன்றிக்கே த்ரவிட பாஷையாலே வெளியிட்டார்.
Wow, in the present climate, this Brahmin commentator would be derided as a Dravidian DK/DMK sympathizer for putting Tamil ahead of Sanskrit!!!!

more later ...

8th verse continued ....

The previous post on this verse covered, அருள்கொண்டாடும் அடியவர் இன்புற, அருளினான் அவ் வருமறையின் பொருள், and got started on அருள் கொண்டு ஆயிரம் இன் தமிழ் பாடினான். The significance of இன் தமிழ் is to emphasize the ease and sweetness of Tamil as opposed to the harshness and the difficulty for common people to understand Samskritam.

Next, to explain the first phrase
அருள் கொண்டு, commentator அழகிய மணவாள பெருமாள் நாயனார் (AMPN), asks rhetorically, why must we accept Swami Nammazhvar's songs as authoritative? Then AMPN says, this question is valid only if Azhvar himself made up these songs. But that is not the case. This question does not arise because the ultimate source of these songs is the compassion of the Lord himself.
ஆனால் ஒரு புருஷ புத்தி மூலமாக வந்த இது ப்ரமாணம் ஆம்படி என் என்ன, தாம் சொன்னார் ஆகில் அன்றோ அது சொல்லவேண்டுவது, அவன் அருள் மூலமாகச் சொன்னவர் ஆகையாலே அது சொல்லப் போகாது.
To further confirm this point, AMPN cites verse 7.9.3 of Thiruvaymozhi.
ஆமுதல்வன் இவன் என்று தன் தேற்றி என்
நா முதல் வந்து புகுந்து நல் இன் கவி
தூமுதல் பத்தர்க்குத் தான் தன்னைச் சொன்ன என்
வாய் முதல் அப்பனை என்று மறப்பனோ.
How can I ever put him out of my mind, the one who made me understand that he is the ultimate cause of all creation, the one who inhabited my tongue and made it sing the sweet songs, the one who revealed himself to the ever pure devotees -- the Nithyasoories, the one who is the first treasure I found, how can I ever forget him?

Thus, Swami Nammazhvar himself says it was the Lord who took his tongue over and brought the songs out. Therefore, AMPN says, Madurakavi is justified in declaring that it was the Lords compassion (அருள் கொண்டு) that is at the root of the 1000 sweet songs (ஆயிரம் இன் தமிழ்).

Then, in the final line Madurakavi declares that there is nothing greater in this world than the compassion of Swami Nammazhvar (அருள் கண்டீர் இவ் உலகினில் மிக்கதே). This அருள் is that of Swami Nammazhvar. The word association is ஆயிரம் இன் தமிழ் பாடினான் அவருடைய அருள்.

Here, AMPN, in his commentary, makes a comparison between the compassion of Lord Kirshna that gave the world Sri Geethai and the compassion of Swami Nammazvar that gave the world Thirvaymozi. He says, Lord Krishna's compassion that gave Sri Gitai was incomplete, some benefited others didn't. On the other hand, Nammazhvar's compassion gave Thiruvaymozhi and it made everyone mad with love for Sriman Narayana.
வரைமுறுகலான ஸ்ரீகீதை சொன்னவனுடைய அருளன்று. அவன் நெறியெல்லாம் எடுத்துப் பாடினவிடத்திலும் அகப்பட்டாரும் அகப்படாதாருமாயிற்று. இவர் அருள் அப்படி அன்றியிலே ஊரும் நாடும் உலகமும் தன்னைப் போல் அவனுடைய பேரும்தார்களுமே பிதற்றப் பண்ணிற்று ஆயிற்று.
Such compassion of Swami Nammazhvar is greater than this world.
ந்த லோகத்தையும் ஆழ்வாருடைய அருளையும் சீர் தூக்கிப் பார்த்தால் அதிலும் விஞ்சிய்ருப்பது இவர் அருள் அன்றோ.

8th verse complete

9ம் பாசுரம்

மிக்கவேதியர் வேதத்தினுட் பொருள்
நிற்கப்பாடி யென்னெஞ்சுள் நிறுத்தினான்
தக்கசீர் சடகோபனென்னம்பிக்காள்
புக்க காதலடிமைப் பயனன்றே.

General meaning:
My lord Satakopan (Swami Nammazhvar) made me fully comprehend the concealed deep meaning of the Vedas that belong to the great Vaideekas. This firm knowledge triggered an intense desire for servitude towards him, and, in an instant that desire was also fulfilled.

Introduction:
To ease our way into the 9th verse, அழகிய மணவாளப் பெருமாள் நாயனார் (AMPN) recalls the message of the last few verses starting from verse 6. In verse 6, Madurakavi says Swami Nammazvar granted him the privilege to loudly proclaim his greatness (தன் புகழ் ஏத்த அருளினான்). In verse 7, AMPN says Madurakavi describes how he got that privilege, i.e. Azhvar drove out his sins from origin-less time (பண்டை வல் வினை பாற்றி அருளினான்), and further declares that he will fulfill that honor by spreading the eminence of Azhvar in all 8 directions (எண் திசையும் அறிய இயம்புகேன்). In verse 8, Madurakavi asserts that the compassion of Azhvar is even greater than that of Lord Sriman Narayana (அருள் கண்டீர் இவ்வுலகினில் மிக்கதே).

In this verse, AMPN says, Madurakavi expresses his gratitude to Azhvar for revealing the deep esoteric meaning of the Vedas which instantly bestowed on him the greatest bliss, namely, servitude to Azhvar.
அவர் ஸகல வேதாந்த தாத்பர்யமான அர்த்த விசேஷத்தைத் தமக்கு அறிவித்த ப்ராகாரத்தை சொல்லி, அதுக்கு ஈடான குணங்களை உடையராகையாலே, பரிபூர்ணரான ஆழ்வார் விஷயத்தில் சேஷபூதன் ப்ரேமமே அன்றோ அவர்க்கு அடிமை செய்கையிலே ப்ரயோஜனம் என்று உபகார ஸ்ம்ருத்தியாலே அவருக்கு சேஷபூதன் என்று ப்ரேம பூர்வகமாகப் பிறக்கும் ஆதரம் அன்றோ அடிமையில் முடிந்த நிலம் என்கிறார்.
சேஷபூதன் = servant
உபகார ஸ்ம்ருத்தி = feeling of gratitude
முடிந்த நிலம் = final state
Then AMPN launches into an elaborate commentary on the first phrase of this verse, மிக்க வேதியர். He gives three different interpretations.

First view
மிக்க வேதியர் are those for whom Vedas are supreme. Vdea Vyasa declares in Naratheeya Puranam 18.33:
सत्यं सत्यं पुनस्सत्यम उदृत्य भुजमुच्यते ।
वेदाच्छ्श्त्रं परं नास्ति न दैवं केशवात परम् ॥

ஸத்யம் ஸத்யம் புநஸ்ஸத்யம் உத் த்ருத்ய புஜமுச்யதே |
வேதாச் ச்சாஸ்த்ரம் பரம் நாஸ்தி ந தைவம் கேசவாத் பரம் ||
Vyasa Bhagavan is supposed to have declared this right after taking a dip in the holy Ganga, with wet cloth wrapped around his waist and both hands raised up above his head, that here is the ultimate truth, there is no greater authority than the Vedas and there is no greater god than Kesava. The Vaideekas who live by this dictum are மிக்க வேதியர்.

Second View
These Vedas talk of a range of goals (புருஷார்த்தம்), many of which are ephemeral like material riches and life in Swarga. AMPN cites Bhagavat Geetha 2.42, 2.44, 9.20, and 9.21 to show how Sri Krishna derides these mundane objectives. Instead, these மிக்க வேதியர் are those who are fixated on the supreme Brahman. They have no use for Poorva Mimamsa. They are single minded and determined in the Vedic command that the ones who desire Moksham must seek the refuge of the lotus feet of the brilliant one who created Brahmma. In support, AMPN cites Shwestaswara Upanisahad 6.18:
यो ब्रह्माणं विदधाति पूर्वं यो वै वेदांश्च प्रहिणोति तस्मै ।
तं हि देवमात्म बुद्धि प्रकाशं मुमुक्षुर्वै शरमहं प्रपद्ये ॥

யோ ப்ரஹ்மாணம் விதாதி பூர்வம் யோ வை வேதாம்ச்ச ப்ரஹிணோதி தஸ்மை|
தம் ஹி தேவமாத்மா புத்தி ப்ரகாசம் முமுக்ஷுர் வை சரணமஹம் ப்ரபத்யே ||
I seek freedom from material existence and therefore take refuge at the feet of the supreme being who created Brahmman and instructed the Vedas to him, and that supreme being who shines with wisdom.

The first view says மிக்க வேதியர் are the ones for whom Vedas constitute supreme authority and nothing else matters. The second view further clarifies the மிக்க வேதியர் are not interested in the ephemeral goals that the Vedas talk about, but only in the ultimate purushartha of total release from samsara.

Third view
மிக்க வேதியர் are those for whom Vedas are their very identity, their wealth (ब्रह्मणानां धनं वेदः). Thirumangai Azhvar also uses this same phrase, in Tamil of course (அந்தணர் மாடு = Brahmin's wealth), in his Thirunedundandakam verse 4. The full verse is:
இந்திரற்கும் பிரமற்கும் முதல்வன் தன்னை
இருநிலம் கால் தீ நீர் விண் பூதம் ஐந்தாய்
செந்திறத்த தமிழோசை வட சொல்லாகித்
திசை நான்குமாய் திங்கள் ஞாயிறாகி
அந்தரத்தில் தேவர்க்கும் அறியலாகா
அந்தணனை, அந்தணர் மாட்டு அந்திவைத்த
மந்திரத்தை, மந்திரத்தால் மறவாது என்றும்
வாழுதியேல் வாழலாம் மட நெஞ்சமே

இருநிலம் = big earth
செந்திறத்த தமிழோசை = sweet and easily understood Tamil Vedas, Prabhandam
அந்திவைத்த மந்திரம் = the Lord who is deeply buried inside the vedas
மந்திரத்தால் = via thiruvashtakharam, moola mantram
வாழலாம் = can live eternally in Sri Vaikuntam
Oh, the mind of mine, contemplate on the lord who created Indran and Brahmma; the one who is the antaryami for the five bhutas, earth, wind, fire, water, and ether; the one who reveals the transparent Tamil vedas and the samskrita vedas; the one who indwells everything in four directions, and the moon and the sun; the one while pervading everything still remains outside the comprehension of the Devas; the one who dwells in the treasure of the Brahmins i.e., the Vedas; if you contemplate on this Lord through the esoteric mantra that is Ashtakshari, you can live forever in incomparable bliss in Sri Vaikunta.

to be continued .....

9th verse continued ....

The next phrase from the first line is, வேதத்தின் உட் பொருள். What is the inner significance of the Vedas? அழகிய மணவாள பெருமாள் நாயனார் (AMPN) argues that Vedas have an outer significance and an inner significance. The outer significance is that Brhman is the ultimate, he dwells as antaratma of everything in the twin universes, the material one and Parama padam, Sri Vaikuntam. In support of this, AMPN quotes Srimat Bhagavat Geethai 15.15.
सर्वस्य चाहं हृदि सन्निविष्टो मत्तः स्मृतिर्ज्ञनमपोहनं च ।
वैदैश्च सर्वैरहमेव वेद्यः वेदान्तकृद्वेदेव चाहम् ॥

ஸர்வஸ்ய சாஹம் ஹ்ருதி ஸந்நிவிஷ்ட: மத்தஸ் ஸ்ம்ருதிர் ஜ்ஞாநமபோஹநம் ச |
வேதைச்ச ஸர்வைரஹமேவ வேத்ய: வேதாந்தக்ருத் வேதவிதேவ சாஹம் ||

Lord Sri Krisahna says, "I am seated in the heart of all beings. From there with just my will I make everything happen. Thoughts, intelligence, folly, are caused by me. I am the one to be known from all Vedas. I alone bestow all that is promised in the Vedas. I am the one who fully comprehends the Vedas.
Even Periyazvar says, in 2.9.6 of Periyazvar Thirumozi, "வேதப்பொருளே வேங்கடவா", and in 4.3.11 he declares Sriman Narayana as வேதக் கடல் அமுது and வேதாந்த விழுப்பொருள்.

Thus the surface meaning of all the Vedas is Sriman Narayana. However, AMPN claims, the deeper esoteric meaning of the Vedas is servitude to the devotees of the Lord (ததீய). Here is AMPN's text.
வேதத்தின் பொருள் ..... ஸகல வேதங்களும் ஒருமிடறாக ஓதி தலைக்கட்டுவது பகவத் ஸ்வரூபாதிகளையிறே. ஆதில் தத்விஷய (about Bhagavan) ப்ரதிபாதகமான அம்சம் புறப்பொருளாய், ததீயப் ப்ரதிபாதகமான (about devotees of Iswara) அம்சம் உட்பொருளாய் இருக்கும்.
APMN also points out that Swami Nammazhvar himself asserted this in the most equisite twenty pasurams, பயிலும் சுடர் ஒளி (3.7) and நெடுமார்க்கு அடிமை (8.10). (My side: if we put all the other Dhivya Prabhandam verses on one side of a scale, and put just one of these twenty verses on the other side of the scales, the single verse from these 20 will outweigh all others, IMHO.)

Next phrase is நிற்கப் பாடி என் நெஞ்சுள் நிறுத்தினான். Swami Nammazhvar conveyed this deeper meaning of the Vedas in a manner that established itself in an unshakable fashion -- வேததின் உட்பொருள் நிற்கப் பாடி. Then, he secured it in a way that it never disappears.
ஸர்வகாலமும் அழிவின்றிக்கே நிற்கும்படியாகப் பாடி என்றுமாம் ... அது தன்னை என் நெஞ்சிலே ஸுப்ரதிஷ்டிதமாம்படி பண்ணினார்.
AMPN further elaborates Madurakavi's நைச்சியாநுசந்தானம் (humility) by stating that what Madurakavi is saying is that Swami Nammazhavar did such a good job that even a person of low intellect like himself could never forget it, even if the teacher himself tries to sow doubt.
புன்மையே வேஷமான என் நெஞ்சிலே படுத்தினார். உபதேசித்தவர் தாமே குலைக்கிலும் குலையாதபடி த்ருடாத்யவஸாயமாய் உபதேசித்தார்.
The next phrase is தக்க சீர் சடகோபன் என் நம்பிக்கு. With this Madurakavi declares that the one who taught him all this, i.e. Swami Nammazhvar, is fully pervaded by all auspicious qualities, he is fully resplendent (பரிபூர்ணநன் = நம்பி) and he is my lord.

Then, Madurakavi declares his unrelenting love for his Acharya, Swami Nammazhvar. ஆட்புக்க காதல் -- a love that inexorably results in servitude to Azvar. And, that love, that servitude, is that not the ultimate goal -- அடிமைப் பயன் அன்றே? This love for Acharya fructifies in total servitude for the Acharya, for, is not the three fold outcome a sishya seeks is obedience, love, and servitude to him?
ஆசார்ய பவ்யதையும், ஆசார்ய ப்ரேமமும், ஆசார்ய கிஞ்சித்காரமும் (servitude) இம்மூன்றும் அபேக்ஷிதமிறே சிஷயனுக்கும்.
For all this effort, the unparalleled fruit is the loving servitude to the Acharaya, Swami Nammazhvar.

9th verse concluded, 10th verse to follow ....

10ம் பாட்டு

பயனன்றாகிலும் பாங்கலராகிலும்
செயல் நன்றாகத் திருத்திப்பணிகொள்வான்
குயில்நின்றா பொழில்சூழ் குருகூர்நம்பி
முயல்கின்றேனுன்றன் மொய்கழற்கன்பையே.

General meaning:
There was nothing for him to gain, and, I was incorrigible, yet, on his own accord he mended and tutored me into his servitude. You, the perfect one of the town Kurugur encircled by gardens where Cuckoo birds sing, I endeavor to love your magnificent feet.

The commentator அழகிய மணவாள பெருமாள் நாயனார் (AMPN) says this verse is about Madurakavi struggling to express his intense gratitude towards Swami Nammazhvar and failing to do so in adequate measure. In the previous verses Madurakavi painted a contrasting picture of his own shortcomings and inadequacies on the one hand, and Azhvar's greatness and affection on the other.
தம்முடைய தோஷத்துக்கு எதிர் தட்டான ஆழ்வார் வைலக்ஷண்யமும், தம்முடைய குறைக்கு எதிர்த்தட்டான உபகாரத்வமும், இவ்விரண்டையும் சொல்லிக்கொண்டு போந்தார் கீழ்.
Now, in this verses, Madurakavi struggles to show gratitude for AzhvAr.
இப்பாட்டில் அவ்வுபகாரத்துக்கு ப்ரத்யுபகாரம் தேடிக் காணாமையாலே தெகுடாடுகிறார்.

தெகுடாடுகிறார் = திண்டாடுகிறார்
AMPN further clarifies Swami Nammazhvar is not expecting any gratitude in return, that is the nature of true Acharyas. On the other hand, the nature of a true sishya is to struggle to find a way to show gratitude. But, the greatness of Acharya's compassion is such that there is nothing that the shishya can do that can equal it. The shishya has to spend the rest of his/her life trying.
ப்ரத்யுபகார நிரபேக்ஷிதம் (not expecting) ஆசார்ய லக்ஷணமாய், ப்ரத்யுபகார ஸாபேக்ஷத்வம் (determined to do) சிஷ்ய லக்ஷணம் ஆகையாலே, அதுக்கு வழி தேடிக் காணாமையாலே அலமருகிறார்(struggle). உபகாரம் அதுக்கு ப்ரத்யுபகாரம் தேடுகையிலே மூட்டும். உபகார கௌரவம் ப்ரத்யுபகாரம் இல்லாதபடி பண்ணும். அதுக்கு ஸத்ருச (equal) ப்ரத்யுபகாரமாக வேணுமே. அது உண்டாகிலிறே இவன் பண்ணலாவது. இனி எத்தைச் செய்வோம் என்கிற தலைசீய்ப்போடே (pulling one's hair out) காலம் போக்குவது.
Here, I would like to cite a beautiful pasuram of Swami Sri Desikan (Adhikara Sangraham #38) that declares that even Lord Sri Krishna cannot fully repay the debt a shishya owes his Acharya.
ஏற்றி மனத்தெழின் ஞான விளக்கை இருள் அனைத்தும்
மாற்றினவர்க்கு ஒரு கைம்மாறு மாயனும் காணகில்லான்
போற்றி உகப்பதும் ப்ந்தில் கொள்வதும் பொங்குபுகழ்
சாற்றி வளர்ப்பதும் சற்றல்லவோ முன்னம் பெற்றதற்கே
(General meaning: For lighting the lamp of knowledge and eliminating darkness from our minds, even Lord Sri Krishna cannot find sufficient recompense. Spending the rest of our lives praising our Acharyas and contemplating their greatness is nothing in comparison to what we gained.)
To say that even Lord Sri Krishna cannot fully repay this debt owed to an Acharya surely is a hyperbole, how can that be true? To this question the 45th Jeeyar of Srimat Azhagiya Singar gave a wonderful explanation. Suppose that you borrow Rs. 10,000 from a friend in your hour of desperate need. Then, after the need has passed and you have accumulated enough savings, you pay the loan back. At this point, you cannot claim you have fully repaid the debt. When you took the loan your need was desperate, but when you are paying the loan back, your friend is not in equal need. the value of the Rs. 10,000 you received is incomparably more than the value of the same Rs. 10,000 that you are now paying back. In other words, a help given at the hour of need can never be fully compensated.

However, for the sake of illustration, let us suppose that paying back double of what you borrowed makes it equal, i.e. you pay back Rs. 20,000 and you are now even. Even if this were so, it is impossible for even Lord Sri Krishna to pay the debt back. The Acharya is the one who guides the sishya through this world and makes the other world, Sri Vaikuntam, secure for him/her. So, what the Acharya has given is this world and the other world. To pay this debt back to the Acharya, using even the flawed equation of doubling what one owes, now the shihsya owes two of this world and two of the other world. Even Lord Sri Krishna has only one of each and therefore, Swami Sri Desikan's declaration "மாயனும் காணகில்லான்" is no hyperbole.

We can see Thiruvalluvar emphasizing this point in செய்ந்நன்றி அறிதல், குறள் #1:
செய்யாமர் செய்த உதவிக்கு வையகமும்
வானகமும் மாற்றல் அரிது.
to be continued ....

Madurakavi Azhvar starts out the 10th verse declaring that Swami Nammazhvar took him in as a shsihya even though there was no reward in it for him (பயன் அன்றாகிலும்) and neither was Madurakavi a worthy student. அழகிய மணவாள பெருமாள் நாயனார் says, Manu Dharmashashtra 2.112 instructs teachers not to take anyone as a sishya who is free of righteousness, riches or the servility of a student.
धर्मार्थौ यत्र न स्यातां शुश्रूषा वा तथाविधा ।
तत्र विद्या न वप्तव्या शुभं बीजमिवोक्ष्रे ॥

(Like one must not waste good seed on barren land, one must not plant knowledge upon a sishya lacking righteousness and riches, and also is without the humility of servitude.)
Even Lord Krishna accepted Arjuna as his shishya only after Arjuna meekly surrendered to him. Srimat Bhagavat Geethai 2.7 says, शिष्यस्तेऽहं शाधि मां त्वां प्रपन्नं (I am your sishya, I take refuge at your feet).

But, in Madurakavi's case, his own lack of qualification made him eligible for Azhvar's compassion, nothing else was needed from his side. Earlier, in verse 4, Madurakavi said he became eligible for Azhvar's compassion like that of a mother and father (அன்னையாய், அத்தனாய்) due to the very reason that the Vedic Brahmins rejected him as unfit. In this verse Madurakavi reiterates the same sentiment , but states further that there was nothing for Azhvar to gain from this.
ஸ்வப்ரயோஜந நிர் அபேக்ஷ்மாகப் பிறருடைய துர்கதியே பற்றாகவாய்த்து ஸத்துக்கள் உபதேசிப்பது.
(ஸ்வப்ரயோஜந நிர் அபேக்ஷ்ம் = lacking any self benefit
துர்கதியே பற்றாக = unworthiness is the qualification)
Then, Swami Nammazhvar goes on to instruct Madurakavi meticulously, correcting all miscomprehension and practice. செயல் நன்றாக திருத்தி starts with careful listening, followed by contemplation leading to resolve. From this resolve arises practice. Azhvar nurtures Madurakavi through all these stages and ensures that the final stage of practice is exemplary and free of any blemish. Here is the text.
முற்பட ச்ரவணமும், ச்ருதமான அர்த்தத்தில் மநநமும், மநநமான அர்த்தத்தில் மஹாவிச்வாஸமும், விச்வாஸ்தமான அர்த்தத்தில் அநுஷ்டாநமும், அதில், அஸத் அநுஷ்டாநம் கலசாதே ஸத அநுஷ்டாநமேயாய் போருகையுமிறெ திருத்துகை ஆவது.
The result of all these efforts is to apply oneself in service. The பணி கொள்வான் is not just service to Acharya, but it includes service to all, Lord Sriman Narayana and all his Vaishnavas. To please Acharya you need to serve the Lord and Bhagavathas. You serve Acharya to please the Lord and Bhagathas. This is the full scope of பணி கொள்வான். In the following கிஞ்சித்காரம் refers to servitude, or கைங்கர்யம்.
பகவத் கிஞ்சித்காரமும் வேணும், ஆசார்ய கிஞ்சித்காரமும் வேணும், வைஷ்ணவ கிஞ்சித்காரமும் வேணும். பகவத்-பாகவத விஷ்யங்களுக்கு அடிமை செய்யும், ஆசார்யனுக்குப் பிரியமாக; பகவத்-பாகவத விஷமிரண்டும் உகக்கைக்கு ஆசார்யனுக்கு அடிமை செய்யும்.
In the next line of the verse Madurakavi says Nammazhvar is the lord of Thirukurugur -- present day Azhvar Thirunagari -- the town surrounded by cuckoo birds incessantly singing beautiful songs. அழகிய மணவாள பெருமாள் நாயனார் claims these Cuckoos are actually singing Azhvar's Thiruvaymozi. The sweet (மதுரம்) singing of the Cuckoo birds may even denote Madurakavi himself.
தாம் மதுரவாக்கு ஆகையாலே மதுரவாக்கான குயிலையிட்டு பொழிலை சிறப்பிக்கிறார்.
Then, Madurakavi ends the verse declaring his struggle to fully express his love for Azhvar's lotus feet (உன்தன் மொய்கழற்கு அன்பையே). The delight of serving these beautiful feet cause love for them. This love created an insatiable desire to express gratitude. Unable to fully express the gratitude, Azhvar stands unfulfilled. This feeling will last as long as self-knowledge persists, in other words, for ever.
இத்திருவடிகளின் போக்யதை அன்பைக் கொடுத்தது. அன்பு, ப்ரத்யுபகாரத்திலே கூட்டிற்று. அதுக்கு இடம் காணாமையாலே அலமரா நின்றேன்; இவ்வலமாப்பு யாவச் சைதன்யமிறே.
அலமாப்பு = திண்டாட்டம்
tenth verse complete ....

11ம் பாட்டு

அன்பன்றன்னை யடைந்தவர்கட்கெல்லா
மன்பன் தென்குருகூர்நகர் நம்பிக்கு
அன்பனாய் மதுரகவிசொன்னசொல்
நம்புவார் பதி வைகுந்தம்காண்மினே.

General Meaning:

ஆச்ரித பக்ஷபாதியான எம்பெருமானை ஆச்ரயத்தவர்களான ஸகல பாகவதர் பக்கலிலும் பக்தி உடையவரான நம்மாழ்வார் விஷயத்திலே, பக்தனாய் இருந்துகொண்டு மதுரகவி அருளிச்செய்த இத்திவ்யப் ப்ரபந்தத்தை விச்வ
ஶித்திருப்பவர்களுக்கு வாஸஸ்தானம் ஆவது பரமபதமாம்.

Swami Nammazhvar is devoted to all the Bhakthas of the Lord who is partial to them.
Sri Vaikuntam is the permanent abode for all those who are devoted to Swami Nammazhvar and have firm conviction in the truths of these verses composed by Madhurakavi

Lord Sriman Narayana is "அன்பன்" because of his motherly compassion, வாத்ஸல்யம் towards all. There is plethora of citations in Ithihasa Puranas celebrating this unique Guna of the Lord. Swami Alavandhar, in verse #58 of Sthotra Ratnam says निरवधिक वात्सल्यजलधे (endless compassion) and वात्सल्य म्होदधे (ocean of compassion. அழகிய மணவாள பெருமாள் நாயனார் says this compassion of the Lord is so boundless that all other auspicious gunas of the Lord are submerged underneath it.
கடலுக்குள்ளே மாணிக்கங்கள் அடைய மறைந்து கிடக்குமாபோலே இவ்வாத்ஸல்ய குணத்தில், குணாந்தரங்கள் அடைய மறையும்படி ஆய்த்து.
This compassion of the supreme lord Sriman Narayana is not limited to a few chosen ones, but for everyone -- सर्वलोकैक वत्सलः Further, as Sita says to Kakasuran about Rama, रिपूणामपि वत्सलः -- his compassion is even towards his enemies, even towards those who act only in opposition to the lord.
ப்ராதிகூல்யமே பண்ணிப் போருமவர்களுக்கும் வத்ஸலனுமாய் இருக்கும்.
(ப்ராதிகூல்யம் = in opposition)
Anyone for whom this ocean of compassion is the ultimate goal is dear to Swami Nammazhvar -- அன்பன் தன்னை அடைந்தவர்க்கெல்லாம் அன்பன். The Lord's compassion does not discriminate, it is for everyone. This is because of the natural bond between him and jagat. However, Swami Nammazhvar's love is predicated on a reason, it is reserved only for those who are Bhaktas of the Lord, and thia love is for all the Bhaktas, regardless of such considerations as caste, but only predicated on their bond with Sriman Narayana.
அவனுக்கு எல்லாரோடும் ஸவரூப நிபந்தந ஸம்பந்தம். இவரது உபாதி நிபந்தந ஸம்பந்தம். அவர்களுடைய ஜாத்யாதி நியமம் பாராதே தத் ஸம்பந்தமே ஹேதுவாக நல்லராய் இருக்கும் அவர்.
(ஸவரூப நிபந்தந ஸம்பந்தம் = relationship predicated by nature
உபாதி நிபந்தந ஸம்பந்தம் = relationship predicated upon a reason)

Nammazhvar himself declares this in two sets of 10 verses in Thiruvaymozi. These 20 are the best 20 pasurams of all of 4000 Dhivya Prabandam. Here are some phrases from those 20:

• கும்பி நரகர்கள் ஏத்துவரேலும் ... எம் தொழு குலம் தாங்கள் (3.7.8)
  • எத்தனை நலந்தானிலாத சண்டாள சண்டாளர்களாகிலும் மணிவண்ணற்கு ஆள் என்று உள் கலந்தார் அடியார் தம் அடியார், எம் அடிகளே. (3.7.9)
  • சிறுமா மனிசர் என்னை ஆண்டார் (8.10.3)
  • அடியார் அடியார் அடியார் எங்கோக்கள் (8.10.10)
  • அவன் அடியார் நனிமாக்கலவி இன்பமே நாளும் வாய்க்க நங்கட்கே (8.10.7)
In 8.1.7, SwamiNammazhvar wishes for நனிமாக்கலவி -- endless, never ceasing, eternal bonding with the devotees of Sriman Narayana.

Such are the exemplary characteristics of Swami Nammazvar that aroused Madurakavi to sing his praise. In Thiorvaymozhi 2.1.11 Nammazhvar describes himself as ஆராத காதல் குருகூர் சடகோபன். In a similar vain, Maduakavi describes himself as அன்பன் for Nammazhvar -- தென்குருகூர் நம்பிக்கு அன்பன்.

In this final verse of this Prabhandam, the author reveals himself as Madurakavi. In the previous verse #10, the commentators pointed out that he is Maduram (மதுரம்) because he is singing Thiruvaymozi. Here, the commentator points out that the addition of the suffix கவி is also based on Nammazhvar's own declaration, என் நாவினால் இன்கவி (3.9.1). Nammazhvar's self description that his songs are sweet because of the subject matter he was singing about, Lord Sriman Narayana. Similarly, Madurakavi signs himself as Sweet-Kavi மதுரகவி, because his subject matter is Swami Nammazhvar, and to reflect upon his sweet qualities is his mind's preccupation and to sing about them is his mouth's only avocation.
இவரும் ஆழ்வாரைக் கவிபாடுகையாலே தம்மை மதுரகவி என்கிறார். நெஞ்சுக்கு பணி ஆழ்வார் பக்கல் ஸ்நேஹமாய், வாய்க்குப் பணி குண ஸ்தோத்ரமே ஆனவர்.
Anyone who has conviction in the truth of these songs will eternally live in Sri vaikuntam.
ஆழ்வார் ப்ரபாவம் சொன்னவிது கைதவமன்று, ஸத்யம் என்று இவ்வர்த்தத்தைத் தங்களுக்கு தஞ்சமாக விச்வஶித்துப்பார் அவர்களுக்கு வஸ்தவ்ய பூமி பரமபதம்

கைதவமன்று = கபடம் அன்று (not a deception)
விச்வஶித்துப்பார் = live in conviction
வஸ்தவ்ய பூமி = place of permanent abode
This concludes my presentation of the eleven verses of Kanninun Siruththambu. I based my posts on two primary sources. One is the Upanyasam given by 45th pattam Srimat Azagiya Singar of Sri Ahobila Matam, and the other is the book published by Sri Krishnaswami Ayyangar of Puttur, Trichy which includes the original commentaries of Nanjeeyar, Nampillai, Periyavachchan pillai, ad Azagiya Manavala Perumal Nayanar and an index that includes detailed references - ப்ரமாணத் திரட்டு.

I tried to be as faithful to these two sources as possible. But, to err is human and I am sure there are some unintended errors. The responsibility for these errors is mine and only mine. They must not be attributed to my sources. Anything useful in these posts are of course the result of these two sources only, as I tried only to be a postman.

I want to thank Shri Silverfox for encouraging me to take up this task. I also thank all those people who encouraged me to continue with this presentation.

Thank you and love to all, any lover of humanity is my lord .......

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sir,

My deepest appreciation and koti pranams for this wonderful thread. For years to come, this little space on the internet will be one place where folks come to read for inspiration, solace, love, adoration and the feel of God.

Thankyou sir.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back