• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sacred Cow

Status
Not open for further replies.
My appeal to beef eaters. Please reflect... as infants we not only depend on Mother's milk, w/out the sustenance of cow or buffalo milk one growth from infancy is questionable.

We daily take milk for sustenance. The milk nourish our body like our beloved mother. Let's try to be thankful and develop deep sense of gratitude towards our mother - GOMATHA - mother cow / buffalo

Man is not only JUST flesh and blood , REAL POVERTY is poverty of gratitude other poverty can only harm the body.

I think the word THANK came from THINK. Without thinking there is no meaning in THANKS.

Let's use the faculty of THINKING given to human and abstain from the practice of beef eating.

In the OLDEN DAYS, our foreparents dug ponds for cattle and planted big rock for them to relieve their itches. They see the cattles as their mothers

Let's follow their footsteps and repay our indebtness to our cattle mothers

Thanks

My appeal to beef eaters. Please reflect... as infants we not only depend on Mother's milk, w/out the sustenance of cow or buffalo milk one growth from infancy is questionable.

We daily take milk for sustenance. The milk nourish our body like our beloved mother. Let's try to be thankful and develop deep sense of gratitude towards our mother - GOMATHA - mother cow / buffalo

Man is not only JUST flesh and blood , REAL POVERTY is poverty of gratitude other poverty can only harm the body.

I think the word THANK came from THINK. Without thinking there is no meaning in THANKS.

Let's use the faculty of THINKING given to human and abstain from the practice of beef eating.

In the OLDEN DAYS, our foreparents dug ponds for cattle and planted big rock for them to relieve their itches. They see the cattles as their mothers

Let's follow their footsteps and repay our indebtness to our cattle mothers

Thanks
hi arratai sir,
there are 3 kinds of papams..normal papa, madyma papam.
maha papams...there are 5 maha papams. GO HATYA/
BRUNA HATYA(SISU HATYA)/ STREE HATYA/BRAHMANA
HATYA/ SAADHU HATYA.. all other 2 papams have mochanam..
but there is no mochanam/pariharams for mahapapams...

regards

I agree with Sri. arattai's appeal. To tbs, quite enlightening. On a lighter vein, is it still a mahapapam to do Brahmana hatya on brahmanas who do GO Hatya?

tbs,

who are the brahmanas meant here in your quote?

can we tamil brahmins, be considered them?

thank you.

tbs,

who are the brahmanas meant here in your quote?

can we tamil brahmins, be considered them?

thank you.

Since Shri TBS ji has not yet answered, a small input from my end.

Yes, imho, tamil brahmins can be considered brahmanas, they have been what they are at present since atlease a 1000 years. Some may have entered and some may have exited the system. They were very many classes and types of brahmanas. The current brahmins are a mix of various schools, but later came to be popular as ritualists. The only possible conflict that might occur is balancing out the various things they were supposed to represent, like trying to mix the practices of two diff schools into one, and being unable to live as both at the same time.

I find it difficult to attract CROW after my mothers - DEVASAM, even after calling kha, kha, kha for more than 30 minutes, no crow is turning up.. what to do.. The area is full of residential colony only, at Hyderabad... but i could find more pigeons here than CROW. But FULL BLACK ANDAN KAKA - BLACK CROW also common here, but i feel the population is less. Kindly suggest some remedies, i used to get upset, whenever I offer food to CROW after my beloved mother's devasam. Many times, pigeons used to feed the rice pindams.. Is there any reference in our sacred literatures about this.. what is the remedy, Requesting the learned to through more light on the issue. regards.. gana

re

Ganasai,

Piegeons are also birds,especially of the 'satvikam' breed,unlike crows who represent Shanieswarar/Rahu waganaum.So,be happy at least piegeons are eating tarpanam pithru karyam prasadam,you sir are truly blessed.Your pithrus are very happy with your actions,is my take on this.

Brahmanar is one,who is able to have all the satvikam qualities established by Sriman Narayana.Its a lot easier to acheive brahman jnyanam,when established brahminical life is lived,by following various sadhanas.

Regarding eating cows/buffalo/calfs..etc during vedic times this practice was done.Owing to jainism and buddhist influence,himsa of utility animals and other animals got forbidden.Ahimsa took roots very firmly for brahmanas only.So vegetarianism became the rule.

Papam and punyam,is also,based on knowingly doing a action and unknowingly doing an action.Every papam is forgiven by sriman narayanan,if sharanagathi prapthi is continued thru prayer,is my take.Om Shivohum.

gopal.

ganasai,

i forget the number of times, my mother used to get upset at the absence of andangkaaka. most of the time, it used be the white collared maappila kaaka. or no kaaka.

take it easy. it is not your fault and do not feel any angst over the absence of the crows.

you performed your rituals with sincerety and faith.

the other things are beyond your control.

to read meanings into the presence or absence of kaakkaas is, i think, putting yourself and your family, through unwanted agony.

God Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back