• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar turns down government quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sachin is right to reject the house. It has a bad reputation and is in fact not put to its intended use for quite some time.The MP's bungalow, which tendulkar has refused, has a reputation for making its inhabitants prone to accidents.

1. The bungalow, 5, thuglaq lane, was previously occupied by former delhi chief minister sahib singh verma, who died in a car accident on june 30, 2007.
2. Before that, this house was home to surender singh, son of former haryana chief minister, bansi lal, who too died in a chopper crash. Even after verma's death, there were no takers for this 7000 square foot bungalow, and is occupied by vikram verma, a relative of ss verma.
3. The bungalow with five large bedrooms and spacious lawns is generally alloted to union ministers; it appears no union minister is willing to move in there.

Sachin Tendulkar turns down government quarter - Sport - DNA

"Sachin Tendulkar has politely turned down the Type 7 bungalow allotted to him in the New Delhi’s 5, Tuglaq Lane. By virtue of being a Rajya Sabha member, Tendulkar was allotted the bungalow that is supposedly close to Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi’s house. Tendulkar has said he would not like to waste the tax payer’s money by accepting a building where he is unlikely to stay too long.“I’m not keen on blocking a government bungalow because this would be a waste of tax paper’s money as I reside in Mumbai,” the Little Master, who was sworn as Rajya Sabha member on Monday, said in statement released to DNA."

Sachin is right to reject the house. It has a bad reputation and is in fact not put to its intended use for quite some time.The MP's bungalow, which tendulkar has refused, has a reputation for making its inhabitants prone to accidents.

1. The bungalow, 5, thuglaq lane, was previously occupied by former delhi chief minister sahib singh verma, who died in a car accident on june 30, 2007.
2. Before that, this house was home to surender singh, son of former haryana chief minister, bansi lal, who too died in a chopper crash. Even after verma's death, there were no takers for this 7000 square foot bungalow, and is occupied by vikram verma, a relative of ss verma.
3. The bungalow with five large bedrooms and spacious lawns is generally alloted to union ministers; it appears no union minister is willing to move in there.

Sachin Tendulkar turns down government quarter - Sport - DNA

"Sachin Tendulkar has politely turned down the Type 7 bungalow allotted to him in the New Delhi’s 5, Tuglaq Lane. By virtue of being a Rajya Sabha member, Tendulkar was allotted the bungalow that is supposedly close to Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi’s house. Tendulkar has said he would not like to waste the tax payer’s money by accepting a building where he is unlikely to stay too long.“I’m not keen on blocking a government bungalow because this would be a waste of tax paper’s money as I reside in Mumbai,” the Little Master, who was sworn as Rajya Sabha member on Monday, said in statement released to DNA."

Good position, also he will not have to furnish it. LOL

"I'm not keen on blocking a government bungalow because this would be a waste of tax-payers' money as I reside in Mumbai. It would be better if the bungalow is allotted to someone else who needs it more than me," he said in a statement to TOI.

"I would prefer to stay in a hotel in Delhi at my own expense when I am on official work. For me, the honour of being a RS MP matters most." Tendulkar, who took an oath as MP on June 4 after being nominated in RS last month, was allotted a spacious five-bedroom bungalow at 5, Tughlaq Lane, opposite Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi's house.

Last edited:
Oh what a great sacrifice to the country !!

Venkat

What a sarcasm, I suppose you have done more than Sachin, and nobody recognized you. Our mistake, should we build a temple for all the achievement you have accomplished for the nation?
Please look in the mirror before putting down the achievements and service of others. A little bit of soul serching is needed before criticizing or belittling of others.

it is a good decision by Sachin; in fact, he can as well buy a house in Delhi. you have to see his performance in the Parliament, particularly when the MPs pass Resolution to increase their salary and perrequistes

What a sarcasm, I suppose you have done more than Sachin, and nobody recognized you. Our mistake, should we build a temple for all the achievement you have accomplished for the nation?
Please look in the mirror before putting down the achievements and service of others. A little bit of soul serching is needed before criticizing or belittling of others.

Shri Prasad Ji,

Thanks for your comments.

Venkat

latest, Sachin says that he will not shout in the RS. In other words, he will not behave as other politicians do. I wish he votes for a good bill and reject what is not good for the country but good for politicians

There is a news item - as a member of Rajya Sabha can Sachin continue to endorse "Coca-cola" brand ?

Venkat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back