• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

< RULE - Only Positives > Brahmans' Positive contributions to the Tamil Society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If some brahmins think that they are superior, so be it. What is the harm? Nothing stops others putting themselves in a higher pedestal and claim superiority.
To put oneself on a high pedestal - to claim claim superiority - to claim oneself as a 'Brahmin', what is needed is an army of cruel people who subjugate others as slaves. Once that is done, next, they can categorize the slaves as shudras and themselves as 'Brahmins' or 'Kshatriyas' (whichever suits their fancy). Then they can create a "state" (kingdom) with all its splendour. Who knows during the formation of a "state" (kingdom), how much culture and anything else they must have copied, to suit their image.

It is funny to see the puranas and the smrithis going hand in hand in making / reinforcing the concept of Varna divisions. I wonder what sorta asuric forces are these -- they borrow the spiritual nature of poor brahmins (that is temple priests), they dub the other side as 'asuras'; and even today try to fool people with such claims.

The biggest fraud is ofcourse that smrithis are God given laws of labour divisions. Poor God. Me thinks if God exists, he/she/it is not going to leave such misuse of his/her/its name alone....

And if there is karma, maybe that is not going to leave the so-called Upper-castes alone either. By upper castes i also mean the NBs who adopted / followed smrithis laws. So NBs, you too take care for you know not what you were / are following and justifying.

Last edited:
Shri Sangom,

You are much senior to me and I believe I need not to point you out what is what in ground reality...But since for debating purpose when you have determined to remained focus on other side, I think, I need to share with you something with the hope that you can see it with your open eyes and graciously accept the ground reality.

Sir,

What Mr.S.V.Sekar said about our matham and jaathi was not to establish supremacy and make anouncement that brahmins are the ultimate products of GOD and the rest are crap.

While saying - "
Our matham, jati are god given",

He didn't say that we are the ONLY God given jathi of our matham. He just reiterated that "our matham and our jathi too is God given like any other matham and jathi".

When he added that-
"To oppose or insult our status is equivalent to spitting on ourselves. Let us do the criticisms inside our houses, but loudly proclaim our 'jati perumai' in public."

He is highlighting clearly (that we all know and accept) that we Brahmins are socially and politically opposed & insulted in this present India. If we fellow Brahmins join hands with the other group of social and political segment in all their dirty work for their selfish advantages, it would be like spitting on our own face. If we have something to criticize about our own community, let us do that as a family within ourself. But don't attack our community people from outside, joining the other side. And be bold to proclaim that you are indeed proud to be a Brhamin (like how every caste people are proud of their caste and are not ashamed) of the present era and not ashamed. (every caste has its pride and dignity. This pride and dignity is nothing to be superior to other but to have Self Esteem, Self Dignity and Self Respect).

When he further concluded that - "
We must consider it our duty to give a befitting reply who demean us in public."

He is clearing calling our community to join hands in upholding our Self Esteem, Self Dignity and Self Respect. Don't succumb to the shenanigans of dirty politicians and mean society people who all demean and degrade our community in public.

In all other statements of Mr.S.V.Sekar, highlighted by Shri sarang in this post #41, he neither has established any Brahmins Supremacy nor has provoked Brahmins to get on the toes to attack other community people to suppress them.

Is shall reproduce them below, by copy and paste, between the dotted lines, for your kind perusal. I hope Shri sarang would not mistake me doing this from his post content..

-------------------------------------------------------------

1. Brahmana dwesham has as expressed in posters and writings on the walls is absent now; we must continue our fight till it is totally eliminated.

2. We must ensure that whoever abuses brahmins are defeated in elections.

3. Is there any conflict between brahmins and dalits in tamilnadu? is there an instance where brahmins practice untouchability - access to common well, water taps, temple entry etc. Is there any instance of violent conflict, attack, knifing, vettu-kuththu between dalits and brahmins?

4. Our matham, jati are god given. To oppose or insult our status is equivalent to spitting on ourselves. Let us do the criticisms inside our houses, but loudly proclaim our 'jati perumai' in public. We must consider it our duty to give a befitting reply who demean us in public.

5. We must remember our heritage and give our best to society. There is no fear or worry for the brahmin community as we are guided by great souls like kanchi sankaracharyas, dayananda saraswati.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Shri Sangom,

Hope members will go through the above extract again without preoccupying their mind with something against Mr.S.V.Sekar as an individual and just because he is talking for a Brahmin cause. If at all members have such mental preoccupation.

Shri Sangom,

Knowing what way the present political crooks and politically misused and miss leaded society people are oppressing our community, if we educated brahmins misinterpret what Mr.S.V.Saker has stated, there is no doubt to conclude that educated folks like us have decided to join hands with the dirty works of Indian politicians. No doubt why India couldn't be a well developed country yet and why many Indians believe that any no. peaceful protest by people like Anna Hazare would hardly correct our country to the best.

Shri Sangom,

I am really disheartened to note how fellow brahmins close their eyes and fail to realize the need of social and political justice to all and one in this 21st century, based on respect and dignity for all in society and fair Political/Governmental/Administrative policies and strategies, in our present India.

Dear Shri Ravi,

I don't know whether my impression is correct, or my faculties have been clouded by age, but when a person of the educational qualification, public contacts and political (im) maturity, as that of S.V. Sekhar (SVS) says "Our matham, jati are god given", I cannot but take it as an echo of the age-old purusha sooktam hymn which says "braahmano asya mukham aseet", giving divine origin to brahmins.

That was what made me write what I wrote.

That apart, let us look at S.V. Sekhar's political savvy. Wikipedia has this to show:

"S. V. Shekar is the Ex-Member of Tamil Nadu legislative assembly elected from Mylapore constituency. He was elected as an Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam candidate in 2006 election. He had a turbulent relationship with party leadership, J. Jayalalitha. In February 2008, he rebuked the party leadership for not inviting him to a general council meeting. His commendation of M. K. Stalin, deputy Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu from Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam party evoked strong protests from ADMK party members.He was expelled from ADMK on 30 July 2009.[SUP][2][/SUP] he is currently an unattached member in the Tamil Nadu legislative assembly (not representing any political party) but is openy associating with the ruling party in his activities."

It is not necessary for me to elaborate that probably the Brahmin superiority made SVS to rebuke the party leadership (JJ) when the whole world knows how authoritarian she is. And the lack of discretion in commending M.K. Stalin must possibly have given the feeling to the party bosses that SVS may be a quisling. He is no longer an MLA I suppose. His FEBA is not supported even by *******.

Ravi, That is why I am taking so much pains to tell that we tabras have not yet mutated adequately to join politics and win our aims. We are basically still guided by thousands of years of Brahmin superiority in our caste-ridden India (though your group may swear again and again, that for each and every wrong thing in India the british are to blame and it was Ramaraajyam before the white man set foot here - I cannot honestly buy that line of argument). Tabras were so egotistical and foolish that when they could have achieved much more than what now looks almost impossible (when the Justice Party was formed and in the years just before) the Brahmin lobby in TN possibly felt so self(over?)-confident that the social structure in India will remain unchanged (because like SVS today, they must have strongly believed that our jaati is god-given and so are our privileges based on caste) and hence the brahmin lobby failed to foresee the pulse of the people though there were enough and more indications as also rumblings to indicate which way the wind was about to blow. Just like SVS, the brahmin lobby in congress and outside of it in that era behaved with completely misplaced confidence and ignorance of politics.

In a way SVS is a small reminder for all of us about the huge losses caused by the incompetence of the tabra leaders then. I am only astounded to see that even after such stupendous gaffes in his political life, SVS is naive enough to imagine that it is still possible to make the following things happen:-

• We must ensure that whoever abuses brahmins are defeated in elections.
  • We must consider it our duty to give a befitting reply who demean us in public.
  • There is no fear or worry for the brahmin community as we are guided by great souls like kanchi sankaracharyas, dayananda saraswati.
May be the brahmanas have still got such immense "brahmatejas" left in them that they will be able to attain such impossible aims. Anyway, the Kanchi Sankaracharyas themselves are now mired in court cases and their brahmatejas seems to have deserted them at the hour of most need. ;)

niyengar,
read my post#18 under "a perspective after one year".
So be careful what you wish for.

The positive thing that Tamils is the awareness, they brought about us to outside Tamil Nadu. You see and meet TB at all levels of life.
But now TNB have also gained education and are moving out of TN for opportunity.
Tamil community in particular has earned their respect because of their scholarship.
Every renowned educational Institute in the world has at least one of us in the faculty.

In spite of negative posters wishes we are still successful. A lot of us had to move away from Tamil Nadu because of political climate.
I do not support Birth based social systems, bust caste has been used by NB, politicians, and misguided soul among us to flog our own people.

As usual the majority is silent, and vocal minority is getting all the attrition. Now that I (people chasing me) have posted you will have a lot more of negative posting.
LOL:faint:

(continued from post #37)

011. N.E.Raghavachari (1912-)

Worked as an Ambassador at Srilanka for four years and represented India at UN for two years. After his retirement from public service, he engaged himself in social service, joining the Guild of Service (Seva Samajam). He was specifically compassionate towards disabled children. He served for their welfare, arranging for their boarding, lodging and education, by collecting donations in cash and kind. He was known to consider the disabled children as his own, and would often carry them in his own hands to their seats.

012. S.Venkateswaran

Headed the TN Government's Commission whose job was to translate the English words used in civil administration into Tamizh, and formulated its working, in the process of making Tamizh the State's ruling language in Government services. It was during his time, for example, that the English term 'collector' was translated into its present usage mAvaTTa ATchit thalaivar.

013. T.Ramanuja Ayyangar (1904-1982)

An officer who joined the TN Police force as a non-IPS officer and rose to perform the roles of an IPS officer. He was appointed as the Principal when the Police Training School was started in Calcutta.

• During the freedom movement, when Rajaji headed the salt satyagraha, Ayyangar happened to cane him. After independence, when Rajaji became the CM of the Madras State, he appointed Ayyangar as the Chief of the Police Department of Criminal Investigation. After taking charge, when Ayyangar went to meet Rajaji on a courtesy call and reminisced on this incident (of caning), Rajaji told him that he only did his duty, and advise him not to be sorry for it.

• Ramanuja Ayyangar wrote a book titled Prevention and Detection of Crime, to which the former Police Commissioner Tiru.AruL wrote a preface, mentioning therein, "This medal of work has introduced the principle of police science." Parents of children with criminal propensity sought his advise and were able to correct their children.

014. C.S.Ramachandran (1916-2001)

In his 35 years of Government service as an ICS officer, he was instrumental to the setting up of the Food Corporation of India. After independence when he was transferred to the Madras State, he served as the first State Chief Election Commissioner and took steps for the conduct of fair elections in 1951. The then CM Gopal Reddy appreciated the services as a distinction for a young man. After that he headed several government department in both the state and central governments.

• His father RaoSahib C.S.Sundaram Iyer was a renonwed educationist, in promoting school education. Like him, his son too was interested in the field and headed the Madrasi Educational Society in Delhi, which has now grown into the famous Delhi Tamizh Sangham, establishing several schools in Delhi, making school education affordable to the South Indian people in Delhi.

• Ramachandran also headed the Delhi South India Samajam and the Carnatik music society. With the help of his friends he set up the Sankara Academy of Sanskrit Culture and Classical Arts, Delhi. When Kanchi Paramacharya gave orders to establish a big temple in Allahabad, and a 'Adi Sankara Vimana Mandapa Society' was formed in UP under the leadership of the then CM Kamalapati Tripati, Ramachandran was made the second man in-charge. That big temple with 3 tiers was built in 10 years.

• Since the year 1977, Ramachandran headed the temple organizations of Badrinath and Kedarnath for 10 years, during which time those temples were renovated. He was connected with all the temples in Delhi, built during the period 1955 to 1980. He was also connected with the services of hospitals, charitable institutions and education of the poor. Spending his last days under the feet of his Guru in Kaladi, Ramachandran breathed his last in the year 2001.

015. S.D.Srinivasan (1919-1994)

After distinguishing himself in college education, he started his life as a clerk and amidst a tight schedule of work, passed the London Actuary's examination, and when the LIC was nationalised, was selected as one among the 1000 candidates and rose to the position of its Executive Director. He was instrumental in holding talks with the LIC Unions and computerizing the institution, negotiating with IBM for sale of their computers without the overheads of foreign exchange. Gradually, all the services of LIC were computerized.

• After retirement, he headed the Calcutta Bharati Tamizh Sangham during 1949-52 and in 1951 conducted the first conference on Bharati. He welcomed the Tamizh celebrities Ki.VA.Ja., MA.PO.Si. Prof.A.SI.RA. and the TKS brothers, and arranged for their giving lectures in the BTS. A pious ShrIVaiShNavite, he established a Trust in the name of his wife Kanakambujam in her village, catering to the essential sanitary needs of the villagers.

(to continue...)

The TABRAS bought a volume detailing the history of 1000 Tamil Brahmins who had contributed to the society.

We came to know about this as they approached us for getting the details about my Periappa for inclusion in the volume.

We thought they would send us a copy of the volume when it is published. But they sold it for Rs. 2000 ( I think) and told us to buy one. We did not.

Does anyone have a copy?

namaste shrI Nacchinarkiniyan.

Over 4 years back I bought the 5-vol. of collection of the book titled arunthoNDu ATRiya tamizhaga andhaNargaL published by
******* Foundation
6, First Floor, 'Vishvakamal'
245, R.K.MaTham Road
Mylapore, Chennai-600004
Ph: 24942569, 24943989

I did not buy the collection from this address though. I think I bought it from LKM Publications, Natesan Road, T.Nagar, Chennai-600017. It is from this book that I am giving brief compilations in this thread of select ******* who did social service in their career. If you give your Periyappa's name, I can check it in the list of names in the book.

The Revised edition of the book was published in 2005, first edition in 2002. I don't know if the book is still available for purchase.

The TABRAS bought a volume detailing the history of 1000 Tamil Brahmins who had contributed to the society.

We came to know about this as they approached us for getting the details about my Periappa for inclusion in the volume.

We thought they would send us a copy of the volume when it is published. But they sold it for Rs. 2000 ( I think) and told us to buy one. We did not.

Does anyone have a copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back