• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

rock your heart out!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Shakira! Lady Gaga sucks! Its not about age. Its about good taste. Doesn't mean we have to post 2011 songs even if they are awful. Pink Floyd for example...70s but timeless rock IMO

It is about age! Take for example: Nicki Minaj. You have to be young to appreciate her. Or at least young at heart!
[video=youtube;4JipHEz53sU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JipHEz53sU[/video]

I hope this doesn't get me banned!

Last edited:
Ishq mein No 1 Punjabi...

I know, or rather you know!

Ishq mein No 1 Punjabi ...
Ladaai mein No 1 Punjabi ...
Daaru peene mein No 1 Punjabi ...
Gaali dene mein No 1 Punjabi ...

Is there anything in which Punjabis are No 2?

Ishq mein No 1 Punjabi ...
Ladaai mein No 1 Punjabi ...
Daaru peene mein No 1 Punjabi ...
Gaali dene mein No 1 Punjabi ...

Is there anything in which Punjabis are No 2?

Yes there is something they come No 2.

Punjabis are very brave and always survive any onslaught.So in death others go 1st and Punjabis goes 2nd!!LOL

Last edited:
It is about age! Take for example: Nicki Minaj. You have to be young to appreciate her. Or at least young at heart!
[video=youtube;4JipHEz53sU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JipHEz53sU[/video]

I hope this doesn't get me banned!

wow this was so sexy..hey Biswa you have anymore video like this?we need to spice up forum..its too conservative sometimes!!!

i don’t know why the country music as the genre is called in the usa, did not make it big in india, but jim reeves the country music singer did. Atleast if AIR madras of the 1960s used to be believed.

Every Saturday listener’s choice, majority of the songs used to be jim reeves – distant drums, nickel piece of candy are songs that come to my mind. Jim had a sonorous mournful voice, and the songs were always sung in a single tone, with the pitches seldom changing. They were always little stories, as country music songs are wont to be.

Why the local anglo indians liked ‘gentleman’ jim, as he was known, above other singers, and that too, overwhelmingly, I do not know. But I too, enjoyed jim, and it was a big big surprise to me, when I came to
Canada in 1973, and checked out among my newly minted white friends, about jim reeves. Nobody had heard of him or cared.

I went to ‘sam the record man’, a popular discount record store in toronto, and hey presto, they had a whole collection of jim reeves’s song, and the knowledgeable salesman, also informed me that jim reeves had
Died in an air crash a few years ago. I felt sad, and for $3.99 bought my first LP album. Jim reeves.

Later with internet, I reconnected with jim, and was able to download many songs which I had not heard before. Even close to 50 years after his death, I find his voice refreshing, and reminds me of a madras, long gone, sleepy, quiet, and a big village that went to bed at 9 pm enmasse. My dad used to scream at me putting on the transistor at 9:30 to listen to the listener’s choice program, as those were the days before ear phones and such.

I also did not know, that jim sang a lot of gospel songs. Now the usa gospel singing is a genre by itself, and one does not need to be a christian to appreciate the music. Most good gospel singers are afro americans, but here is an attempt by jim at gospel singing, which twangs of country music.

Here is a song that was, if I remember right, never played in AIR madras, or I do not remember hearing it. The padre of san antone.

Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nzjy8Ivdn8

Last edited:
i don’t know why the country music as the genre is called in the usa, did not make it big in india, but jim reeves the country music singer did. Atleast if AIR madras of the 1960s used to be believed.

Every Saturday listener’s choice, majority of the songs used to be jim reeves – distant drums, nickel piece of candy are songs that come to my mind. Jim had a sonorous mournful voice, and the songs were always sung in a single tone, with the pitches seldom changing. They were always little stories, as country music songs are wont to be.

Why the local anglo indians liked ‘gentleman’ jim, as he was known, above other singers, and that too, overwhelmingly, I do not know. But I too, enjoyed jim, and it was a big big surprise to me, when I came to
Canada in 1973, and checked out among my newly minted white friends, about jim reeves. Nobody had heard of him or cared.

I went to ‘sam the record man’, a popular discount record store in toronto, and hey presto, they had a whole collection of jim reeves’s song, and the knowledgeable salesman, also informed me that jim reeves had
Died in an air crash a few years ago. I felt sad, and for $3.99 bought my first LP album. Jim reeves.

Later with internet, I reconnected with jim, and was able to download many songs which I had not heard before. Even close to 50 years after his death, I find his voice refreshing, and reminds me of a madras, long gone, sleepy, quiet, and a big village that went to bed at 9 pm enmasse. My dad used to scream at me putting on the transistor at 9:30 to listen to the listener’s choice program, as those were the days before ear phones and such.

I also did not know, that jim sang a lot of gospel songs. Now the usa gospel singing is a genre by itself, and one does not need to be a christian to appreciate the music. Most good gospel singers are afro americans, but here is an attempt by jim at gospel singing, which twangs of country music.

Here is a song that was, if I remember right, never played in AIR madras, or I do not remember hearing it. The padre of san antone.

Hope you enjoy.

Jim Reeves The Padre Of old San Antone - YouTube

My mum is a hugee fan of Reeves. Didn't see the attraction myself but he did have an exceptionally baritone voice or is it bass. This is her favourite. I only remember because she would drive us up the wall playing this on the cassette one too many times!

Jim Reeves - Put Your Sweet Lips Closer to the Phone - YouTube

'sweet dreams’ ofcourse was the #1 famous song for eurhythmics. But I find the beat, very ordinary and repetitive. And the lyrics somewhat banal.

my own favourite is ‘love is a stranger’, with the guitars giving a ‘wiggle’ at the end of each stanza, and the voices coming from deep. There is a feeling of mystery in this song that it strikes chords in my heart

Eurythmics - Love Is A Stranger - YouTube

And love love love
Is a dangerous drug
You have to receive it
And you still can't
Get enough of the stuff

This rock thread seems to be open to anything but rock :)...from rap to plastic, fake, talentless wannabes ala Minaj... oh well...here is what i think is rock.

You didn't like Nicki Minaj? Ah well... As I said, you have to be young at heart.... ;)

i am always confronted by desi students from india. as to why brown skinned canadians of indian origins do not look upon them as 'brothers', help them out and consider them as fellow desis.

i squirm whenever i get challenged like this. for, my own children, consider themselves canadian. not out of any racism or such like, but more out of a cultural angle. these guys, though born of indian parents, find more commonality with their canadian born 'desis' irrespective of castes - mainly because they do not have any hangups and baggage, which they think the indians have, re caste, religion and such like. and much more, that i am unable to elucidate here.

going another step, 'saturday night live', snl, is a parody comedy show, every saturday, 11:30 pm to 1 am. the creator is a jewish canadian, but since 1975, this live show, at times had close to 100% audience, and produced new standards in irreverertial black comedy.

which comes to the gist of this post.

always liked beyonce knowles. beyonce. so smooth a name, and so beautiful and pretty a face/body to go along with it.

i thought of our own tambram spinsters, virgin single girls, when this song, 'im a single lady' topped the charts, and was soon parodied in snl. without much ado, i will present here the snl version, with that huggable hunk justin timberlake (he of the tearing off janet jackson's bra fame), justin and the snl crew..

SNL -- Beyonce and Timberlake - Single Ladies Video[SUP][/SUP]

.. and here is also the official version of the video song

Beyoncé - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - YouTube

i am sort of reminded of the single lady here, in this forum, the sole one among our lasses, and would not mind a rock (1 carat minimum) in her ring finger.. :)

:) :)

:)

i would also wish to caution, our more traditional members, that the humour of snl is on the wild side, and at times, beyond the spectrum of the americans or canadians re decency or conformity. it is the outrageousness of the show, that has made it endurable a show, since 1975!!

i do not wish or expect, any comment, on the decadent american 'values' or decadence of the west. if you base your judgement on such, it is the west that is having the last laugh.

this above para is directed towards our more exreme thinking desis. i beg your pardon though.

cheers....?

Last edited:
Danke K mama. I wouldn't mind a rock myself (but min 3 carats please!!) lol. kidding! :).

but SNL is scandalising omg! I cannot beleive Justin Timberlake as wearing heels! and my what nice legs....he can rival even Beyonce!

Love this song..from Hot Ricky Martin..

[video=youtube_share;GAl92RN6le8]http://youtu.be/GAl92RN6le8[/video]

dear valli,

this song is for you...Livin Da Vida Loca..

[video=youtube_share;x0ox6DO-MTI]http://youtu.be/x0ox6DO-MTI[/video]

[video=youtube;j8WP7aOD_9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8WP7aOD_9Q[/video]

this is one of my fav songs and band :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back