• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Request for help by Srividhya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Eswaran.

Kudos to Mr. Eswaran for leading by example.

May God bless you!

Thank you so much Mr. Navy-Eswaran for his valuable contribution and also starting the ball rolling!!
Hey guys! come on! please join us by contributing .. no amount is small!
I am still waiting from the US members to proceed!! I need to know how many of you will be sending the checks to me so that I can consolidate and make the payment.

Thanks, guys!

Hello Silverfox and ramki:

I'll chip in too. I'm assuming that you guys have done the due diligence and am just going to go with your word.

JSIyengar

silverfox said:
Thank you so much Mr. Navy-Eswaran for his valuable contribution and also starting the ball rolling!!
Hey guys! come on! please join us by contributing .. no amount is small!
I am still waiting from the US members to proceed!! I need to know how many of you will be sending the checks to me so that I can consolidate and make the payment.

Thanks, guys!

Hi friends! (JS Iyengar, Kamalaswamy, Sarathy123, Atharvan)

I am listing the above because I have seen them expressing interest in helping. I am also assuming (in addition to JSIyengar)all of you are in the US. Other members who see this posting, please come forward to help.

One more time, NO AMOUNT IS SMALL ENOUGH.

Please, if you want to channel the money thru me, send me the check so that I can have the equivalent Indian money electronically transferred to Srividhya's account.
Ramki has already sent in his contribution.
Please send me an email to my email id: [email protected]
so that I can send you my address.
Please let us hasten this process. Thank you to all.

Last edited:
Hi..

This is Ram. I have been reffered to this forum by a very good friend of mine, PR Parthasarathy (Sarathy123) and I have been thinking for quite soimetime on the lines of what you guys have done here.. a forum/a foundation where needy Brahamins can get help ( Look..we can't solve problems of everyone..I'm sure that will happen one day..but right now we need to have a very focused approach). I will pitch in my bit for Srividya. Pl. le me know the logistics. I'm going to be in Chennai from Sept-3 to Sept-10 and my contact # there is 24867582. My mumbai # is 28449011/98676 65174.

Also on a long term basis we need to create a fund ( as somebody else in the thread mentioned) which could be used for giving interest free loan to the needy for secondary & higher education.

Needless to mention I trust the due deligence has been done. If not, pl. let me know I will check out on my contacts in Coimbatore to have that done.

Dear Ram:
Welcome aboard! We are delighted you are joining us. That Sarathy (sarathy123) is a great guy! Yes, if you would go back and read our postings, we are looking at creating some sort of non-profitable trust, giving out interest-free loans, etc. But like you said, it is for long-term. Right now, let us ALL pitch in and help out this deserving young lady, Srividhya. We have already checked out the case.

If you can do an electronic transfer from your bank, that would be great.
Here are the details:
Name: B. Srividhya (Father's name: Balasubramanian)
Bank: Union Bank of India
Oppanakkaran Street
Coimbatore-1
Account No. 201/20687

Again, thank you so much for your contribution. Please, I am still waiting to hear from the US members; I haven't had any responses so far.

Dear Brahmin friends:

I see every day the total number of members is increasing steadily. This is great news!

Yet, I am still waiting to hear from members who would come forward to help out this deserving but poor student, Srividhya.

As I had said somewhere in this forum, even each of us contribute about Rs.100, that would have paid her first year tuition.

As far as I know, these are the contributions so far: We need Rs.40k.
Rs.5,000 (India)
Rs.11,500 ($250 - US)
Rs.10,000 ($220 - US)
Please, guys, let me hear from you asap. Thanks!

Last edited:
Loan Idea is very good

silverfox said:
Dear Ramki and my other TamilBrahmin friends:

I was discussing...................., we all could put some lump sum money ..... of this money, loans without any interest could be given out to ........ .......and once they graduate, they will get good jobs.

Therefore, we could stipulate that the loan should be repaid after.....years (or something like that). This way, the money could be rotated.

Look forward to this idea materialising.

ceetharam

Ceetharam
Yes, we will probably discuss this in another forum and we will make a decision collectively.

In the meantime, if you are in the US, how about giving us some contribution towards tuition for Srividhya? We are already committed to this. Send me an email at [email protected] so I could send you my address.

Thanks!

Hello silverfox:

I have sent you an e-mail just now asking for your address.

Thanks

JS

silverfox said:
Ceetharam
Yes, we will probably discuss this in another forum and we will make a decision collectively.

In the meantime, if you are in the US, how about giving us some contribution towards tuition for Srividhya? We are already committed to this. Send me an email at [email protected] so I could send you my address.

Thanks!

To all members who are contributing to Srividhya's college tuition:

While I am waiting for the US members' checks to reach me, could the other members who are directly sending money tell me how much each is contributing? This way, we will know if we have reached the Rs.40,000 mark.Thank you. Please send to [email protected]; let us keep it private.
Thank you guys!!

Hi

Can i have the bank account of srividya to transfer the funds. One of my friend ramkumar will also transfer the funds. Pls publish the bank account number, micr no of the bank account to facilitate transfer over the internet.

I am against collection and saving of funds

Hi

Pls do not create corpus. Accumulation of wealth leads to centralization of the management and corruption, nepotism and favourtism.

I am not in favour of the same. Let the person concern ask for help and let the same get validate before the interest member contribute directly.

Dear PRP Sarathy:

If you had gone back to page 2 of this thread, you would have seen that I have already given all the particulars such as her bank name, bank account number, etc.
And, thank you so much for all your help. Do me a favor and please let me know the total amount you and your friend will be sending. You could send it to my email [email protected] and keep it private if you so desire.
I need to know how much total we all have contributed.

I am still waiting to hear from my US friends; haven't seen any. Even a $20 or $25 donation will be appreciated.

prpsarathy said:
Hi

Can i have the bank account of srividya to transfer the funds. One of my friend ramkumar will also transfer the funds. Pls publish the bank account number, micr no of the bank account to facilitate transfer over the internet.

Sorry i did not see silverfox. I request you to ask srividya to give the micr number of the branch which is required for doing ecs over internet from hdfcbank.

Dear PRP Sarathy:
For an earlier request to send money, I was able to (I live in the US) instruct my Indian Bank to transfer money just by giving the name of the bank and the account No. I wasn't asked to provide this 'MICR' number.
In the US, you need to have 'Routing Number'. Is MICR number something similar to this?
Don't you think your bank should know this 'micr' number? If you still want me to find out, I can call her and get the number. Or, if you prefer, you could call Srividhya in Coimbatore at 0422 234 1418 and she would be at home after 6:00 pm.
And... thank you, Sarathy, for all the help.

Last edited:
I want to transfer 2500 inr to srividaya coimbatore is not covered under ecs hdfcbank. Does she have debit card or credit card. If yes, pls provide the details and I will send the credit to that account.

Regards, sarathy

Dear PRP Sarathy:

Thank you for the contribution. However, I couldn't get hold of Srividhya (she was out); and calling from the USA is somewhat cumbersome.
May I suggest that you just send her a check? Please send me an email to [email protected] and I will send you her home address. For privacy reasons, I shouldn't give out personal addresses.

Thanks again, Sarathy! We need more people like you!

my friend ramkumar will also be given some decent money for the girl. I will ask him to take a demand draft and send it tohim including my contribution.

Dear Sarathy:
Please have Ramkumar send me an email (or you can, too!) for Srividhya's home address.
Also, I need to know how much will Ramkumar be sending so that Ramki and I will know if we have reached the Rs.40,000 mark. I am confident we will.
Thanks to you and Ramkumar.

Take care

i think the forum has done some real good deed by activating the hidden humanitarian streak in the brahmins. but much more is to be done as the response has been little too less!!! till now.(am i correct?)

Dear Navy-Eswaran:

Thank you for your posting. In fact, we all must emulate you; you were the first one to jump in and send money to Srividhya.
You are right; there has not been much response in spite of my several postings.
However, I suspect this may be due to not very many members looking at this thread. So, I have asked Ramki to look into sending out a broadcast message that will reach all the members, whenever such a request comes in.
We have to think about setting up a fund by asking for contributions from every member (a one-time contribution). We already have about 418 members so far. Even if 300 of them contribute, say, about Rs.2,000 per member, we will have about Rs.6 lakhs (or more) to begin with. Then we could help out in different ways; maybe half of the request in giving out money and the other half in interest-free loans.
I will ask Ramki to start another thread where all of us can look at different options and discuss this to come up with a viable plan.

p.s. Good news is that we will reach our Rs.40,000 goal to go to Srividhya.

Hi all,
I think I spoke prematurely when I said that we would reach our goal!
Talking with that young lady, Srividhya, I found out that so far she has received only Rs.5,000. We are in the process of sending another Rs.30k. That leaves us with a deficit of Rs.15,000. I am hoping good people like PRP Sarathy, his friend Ramkumar, Krishnakumar will fill in the void.

Thank you all, guys!

My dear friends:
I goofed! I said $15,000 shortfall; it is only $5,000! Can you imagine this, coming from a Computer Scientist and (I dont want to be a name-dropper! but will do it anyway!) related to the mathematical genius, Srinivasan Ramanjuam?

I am embarrassed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back