• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Relocation to India

Namaste group friends,

I am planning to take a early retirement and move to India from a gulf country. I would like to settle down in a city or town with less pollution.
My kid is in grade 5 now in a CBSE school here with Hindi as second language and Tamil as 3rd language.
We have ear marked Trichy as of now to relocate. I had my schooling there almost 22 years before.

My expectations:
1. I wish to construct a mud house within 10km from city/ 5 km from town. Any construction contractor leads will be helpful.
2. I heard Kamala Niketan is good school..so planning to stay within that area (5 to 10 km circle). Any views on this... Second option is Rajam school near National college and 3rd option is Shri Akilandeswari Vidhyalaya.
3. I am hoping to manage with 30k pm as monthly expense ( any one living in Trichy can help us, if that is realistic - we do not go out much, or eat much outside.)
4. We have a decent experience in growing vegetable garden in gulf, so thinking to at least grow and achieve 30-50% of weekly purchases in 6 months and then to try for self sustainable fully for most months of the year)
5. A decent internet connection is required in the outskirts of Trichy..so I could get some passive income from online.
6. Places which are near some old temples preferable for daily or weekly trips.
7. Any suggestions of having electric or CNG cars in Trichy..do they have basic charging point/ refilling outlets available in various parts of city... Any comments would be helpful.

I request esteemed members to share their comments if they have any experience in or around Trichy.

regards
Viswambari

I have lived in number of places in the world including South India'

Trichy is a great place to live alright.

You seem to be well informed and I am not sure anyone here can provide anything more since your question is open ended.

If your schooling in Trichy was 22 years ago, it seems you are too young to consider retirement. That is not useful comment for you but it is an observation,

Namaste group friends,

I am planning to take a early retirement and move to India from a gulf country. I would like to settle down in a city or town with less pollution.
My kid is in grade 5 now in a CBSE school here with Hindi as second language and Tamil as 3rd language.
We have ear marked Trichy as of now to relocate. I had my schooling there almost 22 years before.

My expectations:
1. I wish to construct a mud house within 10km from city/ 5 km from town. Any construction contractor leads will be helpful.
2. I heard Kamala Niketan is good school..so planning to stay within that area (5 to 10 km circle). Any views on this... Second option is Rajam school near National college and 3rd option is Shri Akilandeswari Vidhyalaya.
3. I am hoping to manage with 30k pm as monthly expense ( any one living in Trichy can help us, if that is realistic - we do not go out much, or eat much outside.)
4. We have a decent experience in growing vegetable garden in gulf, so thinking to at least grow and achieve 30-50% of weekly purchases in 6 months and then to try for self sustainable fully for most months of the year)
5. A decent internet connection is required in the outskirts of Trichy..so I could get some passive income from online.
6. Places which are near some old temples preferable for daily or weekly trips.
7. Any suggestions of having electric or CNG cars in Trichy..do they have basic charging point/ refilling outlets available in various parts of city... Any comments would be helpful.

I request esteemed members to share their comments if they have any experience in or around Trichy.

regards
Viswambari
Congratulation. I wish you happy retired life.

I have lived in number of places in the world including South India'

Trichy is a great place to live alright.

You seem to be well informed and I am not sure anyone here can provide anything more since your question is open ended.

If your schooling in Trichy was 22 years ago, it seems you are too young to consider retirement. That is not useful comment for you but it is an observation,
Thankyou sir / madam. I really did not mean, I will stop earning. I will work from home on my own terms. Thank you again for your observation..

Great you want to move to Trichy. I was there for a few years as a kid until 6 or 7. and last visited around 2010 or so. Srirangam is a very nice place . It must have good schools, has a city vibe as well as a great temple . There is a British International school in the vicinity when I looked in google maps.

When I was young, the good schools were RSK and Westley in our area close to KK Nagar. I went to the Periyar school near Simco meter factory.

Also in another 20 years or so, I am also planning to retire and live in that area. And hopefully end where it all began.

Latest ads

Back